Rod Coleman

It would be awesome to see him at full speed again....he was a good player for us.

He is very injury prone though, and immensely lazy for someone with his abilities.

If his hunger to play the game matches his hunger for a paycheck, he will be a force once again.

While you are looking up statistics, look up the stupid ways he got injured. Dude was pulling muscles on a boat lol

Well 92% is a solid number, IMHO, you can sit out the entire week of practice but as long as your out there on Sundays and giving your team something I'm fine.

See was that so hard to say. No need to be jumping off walls over something like what I said. You guys are rivals right. If you said that about Abe, I wouldnt get mad.

I'm not mad, I don't have a clue what Coleman will give us. He's looked good, but who knows what will happen when the regular season gets here. I was just stating 92% is by no means a injury waiting to happen.

Well I see u got his on field % b4 the injuries occured. Did they also state his % after the first major injury

After the first major injury he's played in 90% of games, which for a 9 year career is still a good number. Injuries happen, major injuries happen. But when he hasn't had that, he's been solid.

He didnt have a 9 year career with the Falcons though. He had a few healthy seasons with us. Next thing you know boom. Gets injured in the offseason causing him to miss time. Comes back, gets hurt again and again which led to him getting the boot. I never said injuries don't happen, just I cant praise a player who spent the last few seasons on our our team injured over preventful reasons

"Guy" played 92% of his games with the Falcons before his injury in 2007?

The problem I had with Coleman and his injuries are that they happened off the field. First one, the car accident with a deer in the wee hours of the morning. The second one really got me, he injured his leg on a jet ski. If he's committed to keeping his body healthy and his skills haven't dropped off, he will do well for you.

Does anybody here wonder why Coleman was a free agent for how long?

Because last year he was failing physicals and team workouts after the injury. He had not recovered, and it scared the Bucs off, for one. The fear was that his recuperation time was only a sign of the future.

The guy was a force, no doubt. But 32 year old DT's aren't in high demand right now, most teams are looking for a several year starter, not a stop gap.

Does anybody here wonder why Coleman was a free agent for how long?

Because last year he was failing physicals and team workouts after the injury. He had not recovered, and it scared the Bucs off, for one. The fear was that his recuperation time was only a sign of the future.

The guy was a force, no doubt. But 32 year old DT's aren't in high demand right now, most teams are looking for a several year starter, not a stop gap.

I know the Saints took a look around the same time, but something scared them away as well. But they obviously saw something they liked this time around.