The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). Sharing Music is national security?

SacFalcFan

I'm curious how they are going to differentiate between "stolen" music, and music you paid for, and copied to your computer? Then are the slew of privacy issues that this raises. Oh well, as pathetic as this is, these sorts of things always lead to marvelous advances in software technology to protect computers. So it's a double edged sword.

I'm curious how they are going to differentiate between "stolen" music, and music you paid for, and copied to your computer? Then are the slew of privacy issues that this raises. Oh well, as pathetic as this is, these sorts of things always lead to marvelous advances in software technology to protect computers. So it's a double edged sword.

real talk, but the privacy issue wont let this pass. every1 supporting this issue will probably never be elected to anything, including PTA meets.

real talk, but the privacy issue wont let this pass. every1 supporting this issue will probably never be elected to anything, including PTA meets.

I hope so. This really seems like little more to me than using the entertainment lobby to invade our privacy. Like I said though, if it does pass, expect a slew of programs to come out that make a computer harder to spy on. Of course Microsoft and Apple will fold like cheap suits and make it easier to bypass those.

I hope so. This really seems like little more to me than using the entertainment lobby to invade our privacy. Like I said though, if it does pass, expect a slew of programs to come out that make a computer harder to spy on. Of course Microsoft and Apple will fold like cheap suits and make it easier to bypass those.

i think this will bring the rise of Linux, since i will be switching.

I've been waiting for that for years. Though it's hands down the most secure, like all Os', you have to know how to properly handle it. I would hope it leads to a better GUI interface for Linux, since that's the main area where it falls short right now. Of course, I use Linux on some of my machines, and I can't remember the last time I even went to the GUI interface. Command lines are where it's at.

Video with the details

Watch the video and comment. It's very interesting.

The video there is misleading. These ACTA negotiations have been going on well before any "Obama Admin" came to be. Basically I see it as a political power play. We keep our dirty laundry in foreign banks and they run an internet bandwidth scam with it like PB.

I found the other CNBC link @ the PeterSchiffChannel much more enjoyable.

The video there is misleading. These ACTA negotiations have been going on well before any "Obama Admin" came to be. Basically I see it as a political power play. We keep our dirty laundry in foreign banks and they run an internet bandwidth scam with it like PB.

PB? I haven't heard of that before. What is it?

Very little music interests me enough today to make me want to download it. Most everything I like is older and I have it in some form.

But if bands and record companies were smart they would get with the times and find a way to embrace this and quit kicking against it, because it aint gonna stop.

I guess it's cheaper and easier to bring frivolous lawsuits against people than it is to go out and find and groom real talent.

I have a Linux machine. It's compatible with nothing. Going back to Windows. I can't even print from it because the stupid drivers don't exist.

Having to update with command lines sucks. If it didn't, we'd all love DOS.

I have a Linux machine. It's compatible with nothing. Going back to Windows. I can't even print from it because the stupid drivers don't exist.

Having to update with command lines sucks. If it didn't, we'd all love DOS.

yea, but im sure linux would be on every system to prevent getting caught if this passes. windows does suck, which is why im switching to OSX.