peter griffin's 53 man depth chart

WR-white, douglas

TE-gonzalez, hartsock, peele

LT-baker, svitek

LG-blaylock,

OC-mcclure, romberg

RG-dahl, (wilkerson, buttersworth, ojinakka, STANCHEK, or final cuts)

RT-clabo, reynolds

WR-jenkins, finneran, kelly

RB-turner, norwood, brown

FB-mughelli, haynes, snelling(one will go and mughelli is not safe)

QB-ryan, redman, (shockley or wilson)

DE-abraham, biremann

DT-lewis, (johnson or walker)

DT-jerry, babinaux

DE-anderson, davis, sidbury

LB-peterson, wire

LB-lofton, adkins

LB-nicholas, winborn

CB-houston, jackson, middleton

FS-coleman, fudge, huthchins

SS-decoud, moore

CB-grimes, owens

K-elam

P-koenen

LS-schneck

WR-white, douglas

LT-baker, svitek

LG-blaylock,

OC-mcclure, romberg

RG-dahl, (wilkerson, buttersworth, ojinakka, or stanchek, or final cuts)

RT-clabo, reynolds

WR-white, jenkins, finneran, kelly

DE-abraham, biremann

DT-jerry, babinaux

LB-peterson, wire

LB-lofton, adkins

LB-nicholas, winborn

SS-decoud, moore

CB-grimes, owens

K-elam

P-koenen

LS-schneck

fixed.

I think hutchins will end up moving up one spot if he can come back healthy. I am really stoked about this team we have alot of players I am excited about watching come game day. Usually you go to see the starters (which I am), but with this team even the backups/rotational players look like they could do some damage.

The FO is going to have its hands full trying to trim down this roster. I see some of our guys that get cut or sent to the PS getting picked up by other teams this year.

A few changes mainly on D actual lineup

WR-white, douglas

LT-baker, svitek

LG-blaylock,

OC-mcclure, romberg

RG-dahl, TBD

RT-clabo, reynolds

FB-mughelli, snelling (I like Hynes but I do not see how they can keep all of them, risky putting Brown on the PS)

QB-ryan, redman, shockley PS wilson

DE-abraham,Davis, biremann (Davis will get most of the run downs)

DT-Babinaux, johnson PS walker ( Pat Y. and others say Babs has quietly become the best DT in the NFC south)

DT-jerry, Lewis

DE-anderson, sidbury

LB-peterson, Adkins (adkins is a rook and played OLB in college)

LB-lofton, Winborn

LB-nicholas, wire

FS-coleman, fudge, hutchins ( I had forgotten Hutchins can play Safety until someone mentioned it last week)

SS-decoud, moore

CB-grimes, owens (Owens could get the start here)

K-elam

P-koenen

LS-schneck

Mughelli is not losing his spot to Haynes or Snelling...you're crazy...also, the coaches have been working Hutchins in at the NB position, not S, so the likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Re-work that DL too....Babs is starting. Other than that, a pretty decent roster.

Mughelli is not losing his spot to Haynes or Snelling...you're crazy...also, the coaches have been working Hutchins in at the NB position, not S, so the likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Re-work that DL too....Babs is starting. Other than that, a pretty decent roster.

Mughelli appears to be starting on the depth chart he posted.

Hutchins may very well move to safety depending on how his speed and agility have recovered during his season off.

Babs may see more snaps than Lewis, but Lewis/Jerry is our best run/pass balance combo. And since the first play in most games for the defense is a first down, that's probably who will be out there for the first play of the game (and hence starting).

Mughelli appears to be starting on the depth chart he posted.

I said that in reference to him saying that Mughelli isn't safe...and I don't see Hutchins moving to safety when we have Coleman, Fudge, DeCoud, and Moore...he'd make an excellent backup to Jackson in the nickel though...he won't have to rely on his speed but his cover skills, which haven't diminished much due to the injury.

dude no ones taking ovies spot. dudes one of the best pure full backs in the league.

does ovie catch the ball well out of the backfield? not especially.

does ovie play ST's? some, but snelling sticks out more on ST's than ovie.

does ovie run the ball? some, but snelling looks better running the ball to me.

is he really that great of a lead blocker? maybe, i guess we will see if run blocking alone justifies keeping the highest paid FB around when haynes catches the ball better, snelling runs better, and both play ST's better. if either one out lead blocks him he is gone.

his rediculous contract was a knee jerk reaction by a GM(mcgay) and a HC(petrina) that grossly overpaid every guy he brought in, and thought the sky was falling if he did'nt have a FB.

is he really that great of a lead blocker? maybe, i guess we will see if run blocking alone justifies keeping the highest paid FB around when haynes catches the ball better, snelling runs better, and both play ST's better. if either one out lead blocks him he is gone.

his rediculous contract was a knee jerk reaction by a GM(mcgay) and a HC(petrina) that grossly overpaid every guy he brought in, and thought the sky was falling if he did'nt have a FB.

lmao. really? hes one of the reason turner had the season he did. Did you even watch the guy play? They dont run his much and they hardly throw to the FB. how is that his fault? If you think ovies not gonna start you might as well just go start a roddy white thread.

1)lmao.

2)really?

3)hes one of the reason turner had the season he did.

4)Did you even watch the guy play?

5)They dont run his much and they hardly throw to the FB.

6)how is that his fault?

7)If you think ovies not gonna start you might as well just go start a roddy white thread.

1) :lol: i LOL its nice to enjoy a good belly laugh together with your pals, even if you dont know what you are laughing at.

2)yes. OHHH, you thought i was kidding at first, THATS why you laughed.

3)he is ONE reason, turner's ability, the OL, and well, the rest of the offense altogether if not the play calling on top of it all each had SOMETHING to do with it. remember when i said IF haynes and/or snelling out blocks him in pre season he is gone?

4)how would i know how bad he sucks at running, recieving, and ST's if i did'nt? :rolleyes:

5)guess why, see #4.

6)again, see #4.

7)once again, if anyone is better than he is at lead blocking, his a## is outta here, because that is the only thing he offers. i'm bored with RW threads.

from lindy's 2009 NFL preview regarding ovie mughelli,

"touted as great lead blocker, but you don't see the LB's falling in his wake."

it is becoming more prevalant that he is over-rated. i would love to have a larry centers or a kevin faulk type FB. haynes came from PIT. what kind of FB do you think TD, smith, and mularkey want, a petrina type?

Yea, I have to agree with peter.

The question isn't that Ovie is a solid FB, its is he worth his contract and cap space, as opposed to Snelling who seems to be a solid blocker, much better runner, and a a much better receiver out of the backfield.

WR-white, douglas

LT-baker, svitek

LG-blaylock,

OC-mcclure, romberg

RG-dahl, (wilkerson, buttersworth, ojinakka, STANCHEK, or final cuts)

RT-clabo, reynolds

DE-abraham, biremann

DT-jerry, babinaux

LB-peterson, wire

LB-lofton, adkins

LB-nicholas, winborn

SS-decoud, moore

CB-grimes, owens

K-elam

P-koenen

LS-schneck

First off Babs isnt sitting for Lewis....it will be jerry and babs or lewis and babs....2nd...White is at top of depth period...dont give me this is my depth chart cause he isnt here right now crap....thanks and good day

Ovie? Overpayed? Yes. Impact on the cap? Hardly any. Ovie is overpayed, for a FB, and they make somewhere between nothing and zero compared to everyone else. Being the "highest payed FB in NFL history" is somewhat misleading when you look at just how little a FB generally makes.

Sure his contract is no cap buster, but 3 mil a year at the FB position and really wasn't utilized that much last year seems like a lot of extra cash. Especially when you are trying to sign R. White, J. Norwood, ect

ovie was brought in to strictly block for vick. you see what happened there.

besides ovie only got 5 carries this year! and he averages 3 yards a carry. thats good..

he only got 8 receptions but he averaged 7 yards a reception? How is that bad?

btw im not knocked AARON. but i just think ovie is one of the best fullbacks today.