My Thoughts from the Evening Practice

Jaymadd

What up my fellow MB friends. I tried to win the VIP passes but i forget to twitt in time enough to get those passes, but congrats Greg i know you had a good time.

The Defense Overall

The defense was looking good in camp in the evening practice. There werent many pass that were not contested. They were getting pressure on the QB regardless of which string, 1st or 2nd. They cause Ryan to scramble out of the pocket a few times. The defense was also moving well along the Oline to clog up running lanes. I am really excited about the defense, even though it was only one practice. I think this is going to be a surprising year for the Defense ladies and gentleman.

We all have heard about grimes today, I saw Grimes make an amazing play on a deep route thrown by Matt Ryan, yes our very own Matty Ice to Jenkins. Jenkins had grime beat, maybe Matt could have put a little more ump on the ball, but either way Grimes kicked up that extra gear and really made a great play on the ball for an Int, my boi Owens might be in trouble this year for a starting position. I still have a little doubt about grimes starting based on the fact that he had a great preseason last year, but was a little disappointing in the regular season, so i have a wait and see attitude.

Thomas Decoud looked to be one step ahead of the game today. He came up with an Int and actually made a great catch for the INt. He showed great range and an abiltity to find the ball. Decoud also played well in the Open Mini Camp too and had a pick on that day when i saw him. Decoud is really pushing for that starting spot, but it helps when he has pads on to see what he can do in the run support.

Sorry i dont have alot to say like last time, but i was distracted by the dude who kept talking trash to our players during the practice, he reminded me of FalconFraudSince1970, i wanted to ask are you Fraud but dude said he was a truck driver. It was fun going back and forth with them and plus Stats was where i was sitting and he kept talking the whole time about nothing, I wanted to be like man if you dont shut the heck up. I had a good time though, I would encourage yall to make at least one practice you wont be disappointed. "Trust Me" :rolleyes:

My final thoughts, Fraud Jr (the guy who was standing next to me at practice) was commenting on the Roddy white situation, and his opinion was that we should cut Roddy because he had soooo many drops. I dont know about yall, but it was a scary feeling out there, when Gonzo and White were off the field. The defense had the upper had today, i begin to wonder did that have anything to do with the fact that Roddy was not in practice today. I didnt really see a WR step up and take advantage of this opportuninty and Ryan had to threw a lot of short routes. I am not going to take away from the Defense, they played great today, but i do see a difference when Roddy is not on the field, so i guess our other WR's need to step up in his absence until the situation gets resolved.

Thanks for reading, sorry i dont have more, but i got yall next time, i promise.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

Stats was loud and kind of distracting. He got a smile out of Ryan though by yelling out all of his college stats at him. I bet stats knew them better than Ryan himself. As far as Roddy, I have been telling people that without him out there no one will be able to stretch the field consistently. TG will get doubled all the time and we can expect to see more of 8 and 9 in the box. It's a huge loss so let's just all hope this gets done and he returns real soon. Everything you saw in the practice today is the same way I saw it. And I agree, this was the first practice I have been to in a long time and it was great. I definitely recommend everyone catching at least one.

Chris Houston looked good out there huh 'jaymadd ? :P

I will say this he did look better than i expected. He actually got his head turned around on a deep pass to Jenkins, but he did have some help over the top, so he may have felt more comfortable getting his head around with the help. He broke up that pass and broke up another pass, i think it was a slant. Houston looked solid, but I still think that over time we will have better options than houston based on my opinion that Ball/skills awareness is not something that is learned rather easily, especially if you didnt have any to begin with. :D

My girlfriend and I was out there and Stats was looking crazy with that old Falcons uniform on with full pads. He had to be hot as ****. And where in the world did that other guy find an old Richard Huntley Falcons jersey? I didnt even know they made those when he was on the team.

My girlfriend and I was out there and Stats was looking crazy with that old Falcons uniform on with full pads. He had to be hot as ****. And where in the world did that other guy find an old Richard Huntley Falcons jersey? I didnt even know they made those when he was on the team.

Yeah that dude was in my area, and he kept talking about his rap that he wrote for the Falcons in the 90's, the rap was kind of tight though. I like stats and he is pretty entertaining but i have doubts about his ability to interact /w people outside of Falcons Practice :P . It was like he kept talking and wasnt listening and I kept telling him no i didnt want to see his signed falcons gear and was trying to pay attention to the practice but he kept telling me stories, but he is cool and his crew is cool too, they kept it entertaining but i didnt get to watch as much as last time.

Offense is always seems rustier in training camp in the beginning. Its based on timing and disapline.

Defense always shines compared to the O in the start. Defense is 70 percent reaction.

Don;t worry about the O give it time.

I hear ya, but they played well during the Open Mini Camp,

Yeah that dude was in my area, and he kept talking about his rap that he wrote for the Falcons in the 90's, the rap was kind of tight though. I like stats and he is pretty entertaining but i have doubts about his ability to interact /w people outside of Falcons Practice :P . It was like he kept talking and wasnt listening and I kept telling him no i didnt want to see his signed falcons gear and was trying to pay attention to the practice but he kept telling me stories, but he is cool and his crew is cool too, they kept it entertaining but i didnt get to watch as much as last time.

Stats is cool but his antics can get irritating if you are out there trying to enjoy practice. I know some out there would like for him to shut up sometimes but he may get mad and try to tackle someone. Thats the first thing came to mind when I saw him in full pads. I was thinking to myself, Stats looks like he is ready to go through a brick wall if anybody set him off.

Stats is cool but his antics can get irritating if you are out there trying to enjoy practice. I know some out there would like for him to shut up sometimes but he may get mad and try to tackle someone. Thats the first thing came to mind when I saw him in full pads. I was thinking to myself, Stats looks like he is ready to go through a brick wall if anybody set him off.

Yeah man that dude is funny and his full gear/pads is a trip too man. but he did get TG over in our area and helped my nephew get TG autograph. :D

Sorry i dont have alot to say like last time, but i was distracted by the dude who kept talking trash to our players during the practice, he reminded me of FalconFraudSince1970, i wanted to ask are you Fraud but dude said he was a truck driver...
That might as well have been me bro. Probably a long time Falcon fan. Drove his truck up from Macon or Valdosta. A realist. Not a blind loyalist. Just somebody that wants to see the team win. One who won't tolerate mediocre players that suck up cap dollars and stink up Falcon football fields. Kudos to the man. I doubt if he berated them as much as the coaches did.

Guest Gritz
That might as well have been me bro. Probably a long time Falcon fan. Drove his truck up from Macon or Valdosta. A realist. Not a blind loyalist. Just somebody that wants to see the team win. One who won't tolerate mediocre players that suck up cap dollars and stink up Falcon football fields. Kudos to the man. I doubt if he berated them as much as the coaches did.

....sounds wike someone is despewat for a fan cwub...........awwww, that's so cute.............. <_<:lol:

Offense is always seems rustier in training camp in the beginning. Its based on timing and disapline.

Defense always shines compared to the O in the start. Defense is 70 percent reaction.

Don;t worry about the O give it time.

And there goes white. Helping prevent them from getting that timing.

You can add me to the list of people that wished he'd shiut up. Some of it was funny but most was just annoying. Then he took some poor kids UGA helmet and put it on his sweaty head so he could chant all of DJ's stats out therre. I felt bad for that kid because that is just gross. The he wipes it out wil a towel as if that's OK. He did entertain Matt Ryan for a minute allowing me to get a good Ryan picture.

Did anyone happen to see or pay any attention to Trey Lewis out there? I forgot to and he is one guy I really wanted to see. There was just so much to watch I forgot. I know Jerry looked really good getting into the back field on the regular. We'll have to see what's up after they get pads on though. I think that comes today.

What up my fellow MB friends. I tried to win the VIP passes but i forget to twitt in time enough to get those passes, but congrats Greg i know you had a good time.

The Defense Overall

The defense was looking good in camp in the evening practice. There werent many pass that were not contested. They were getting pressure on the QB regardless of which string, 1st or 2nd. They cause Ryan to scramble out of the pocket a few times. The defense was also moving well along the Oline to clog up running lanes. I am really excited about the defense, even though it was only one practice. I think this is going to be a surprising year for the Defense ladies and gentleman.

We all have heard about grimes today, I saw Grimes make an amazing play on a deep route thrown by Matt Ryan, yes our very own Matty Ice to Jenkins. Jenkins had grime beat, maybe Matt could have put a little more ump on the ball, but either way Grimes kicked up that extra gear and really made a great play on the ball for an Int, my boi Owens might be in trouble this year for a starting position. I still have a little doubt about grimes starting based on the fact that he had a great preseason last year, but was a little disappointing in the regular season, so i have a wait and see attitude.

Thomas Decoud looked to be one step ahead of the game today. He came up with an Int and actually made a great catch for the INt. He showed great range and an abiltity to find the ball. Decoud also played well in the Open Mini Camp too and had a pick on that day when i saw him. Decoud is really pushing for that starting spot, but it helps when he has pads on to see what he can do in the run support.

Sorry i dont have alot to say like last time, but i was distracted by the dude who kept talking trash to our players during the practice, he reminded me of FalconFraudSince1970, i wanted to ask are you Fraud but dude said he was a truck driver. It was fun going back and forth with them and plus Stats was where i was sitting and he kept talking the whole time about nothing, I wanted to be like man if you dont shut the heck up. I had a good time though, I would encourage yall to make at least one practice you wont be disappointed. "Trust Me" :rolleyes:

My final thoughts, Fraud Jr (the guy who was standing next to me at practice) was commenting on the Roddy white situation, and his opinion was that we should cut Roddy because he had soooo many drops. I dont know about yall, but it was a scary feeling out there, when Gonzo and White were off the field. The defense had the upper had today, i begin to wonder did that have anything to do with the fact that Roddy was not in practice today. I didnt really see a WR step up and take advantage of this opportuninty and Ryan had to threw a lot of short routes. I am not going to take away from the Defense, they played great today, but i do see a difference when Roddy is not on the field, so i guess our other WR's need to step up in his absence until the situation gets resolved.

Thanks for reading, sorry i dont have more, but i got yall next time, i promise.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

Good post JAymadd.