More Heyward love

jidady

http://www.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

"Because of those graduations, and because of his outstanding performance in his second full season, Braves outfield phenom Jason Heyward is the new No. 1 prospect. Hard to argue with a guy who's raking in Double-A before he's 20 years old, a Futures Gamer with a .997 OPS who's been on fire since being promoted up a level. "

For July 31, 2009. Baseball America has him as the 5th hottest prospect last week. Article

Here is what it says about Heyward

Team: Double-A Mississippi (Southern)

Why He's Here: .455/.500/.818 (10-for-22), 2 2B, 2 HR, 8 RBIs, 6 R, 3 BB, 5 SO ---- these are his stats from last week

The Scoop: Heyward will blow out the candles on his 20th birthday cake in a week and a half, but he probably won't have to wait until his 21st birthday to reach the major leagues given his current pace. Heyward, the No. 1 prospect in baseball, is hitting .416/.495/.714 with 13 walks and nine strikeouts in 22 games with Mississippi. Heyward's offensive tools and feel for the strike zone are already outstanding, but the scary thing is that he's still a little less than a decade away from his peak years.

I really think Heyward will not be called up this year. Maybe not until next year in June or in the beginning of the year, but even that is a stretch. I won't start this argument again. But I'm just going to call it again. Just my opinion... hopefully I prove many of your wrong. lol, but anyways... I posted this already but somehow it didn't go through thirty minutes ago.

If the Braves don't call up Heyward in September and miss the playoffs by a couple of games, exactly how would they justify that to their fanbase, dude? I'm just not following your logic here at all.

By September, I don't see the race being that close. It's either we're in it or we're not in it IMO by that time so either way I don't see the rush to get Heyward up.

Chances that Heyward is called up before next year = 0

By September, I don't see the race being that close. It's either we're in it or we're not in it IMO by that time so either way I don't see the rush to get Heyward up.

Chances that Heyward is called up before next year = 0

Chances that you are right = 0%

They should call him up in Sept. when it won't affect the teams player roster in anyway. Whether they are in it or not he should come up. If only to prove that he is MLB ready for the start of next year. If he struggles no harm done he starts in AAA next season. I feel they should have done the same with Schafer last year.

I think you guys are depicting me as an enemy here just because I don't want Heyward up by September. I'm still a huge Heyward fan. I'm just one of those that think we should always be cautious with our prospects. Not that we should baby them, but we should make absolutely sure that he is ready for the majors when he is called up. And it's hard to tell right now if he is absolutely ready or not. I think he'll need a few more at-bats in AA, and then called up in AAA with a few more games left in the season, and that's a maybe. I can almost guarantee that Wren will not call Heyward up in September. He might be called up... to AAA.

Many of you want Heyward up just so you can get your rocks off watching a once in a generation prospect play in the majors. I'm telling you right now, when September comes, we will be sure whether or not we are in contention. Not that it matters because I don't see space in the outfield for Heyward to play in. Garret is hitting efficiently, and Cox has already shown he favors Garret over any other corner OF we have. Diaz/Church are platooned in the RF and when we bring Heyward up in the majors, we would almost be forced to have him come off the bench which is just useless. Might as well let him stay in the minors where his service clock doesn't work.

Here I go again rambling on... all I'm saying is... Heyward will not be called up by September. And he might not be called up next year in spring training, although if he keeps hitting like he is right now, there is no doubt that he will be our starting RF by the start of the season. But regardless of how he hits, I don't think he will be up.

My $.02. My opinion. Different than most of yours, I guess.

I can almost guarantee that Wren will not call Heyward up in September.

Every time you say that, I giggle a little. It's like guaranteeing the sun won't rise in the morning. You're the guy at the race track swearing that you have a good feeling about the horse with 80-1 odds.