This is why Michael Jenkins is a leader ...

Jenkins was in the final year of his contract last season when Atlanta offered a new four-year deal worth approximately $20 million. Though he knows White likely will command more, Jenkins believes his teammate could help his cause by reporting to camp instead of holding out."I was just focused on playing football," said Jenkins, the 29th overall draft pick in 2004. "My agent and the guys upstairs handled that. I knew as long as I played football, things would get done. We all want Roddy here as soon as possible, but they're going to handle that. You just got to worry about playing football and getting better."

Agree always liked Jenkins, but do you really think him holding out of camp would have been a good thing to do with the way he played.

Here were his stats at the time

YEAR TEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST

2004 ATL 16 7 119 17.0 46 0 4 0 0

2005 ATL 14 36 508 14.1 58 3 28 0 0

2006 ATL 16 39 436 11.2 34 7 22 0 0

2007 ATL 15 53 532 10.0 29 4 31 0

I also think Roddy should be here, but understand why he is not and can't blame him.

Jenkins is the man. He's a class act role model for any up and coming wide receivers.

I think he could pull off being the #1 in the ATL. Actually, I'm sure of it. Roddy is the best receiver we have seen on the team in a while, but Jenkins could be just as good given the situation were to occur.

Yeah, if your at best a #2 reciever and you get offered 5 mil you take it. If you're a #1, you go out and get the money you deserve.

So you knock my boy? You need to stop the hate and get ya **** together. Jenkins has basically improved each year in the league, to call him a number 2 would mean you think he's reached his ceiling, so i guess you know something i don't. And for the record there are a bunch of teams right now where he woud be the #1 guy.

im glad to see Jenkins taking a rational viw on this, nd to be honest a top 7 WR on under $3mil a year in his lst year of the contract, if this ws anywhere but ATL you would expect him to hold out. TD and Smith aret mugs and i expect it to be sorted by seasons beginning comfortably.

And quintonn i think you need to lay of the Jenkins kool aid yes he's improved but he still hasnt had a major break out year 4 years in..unless you count last year as one..and it shouldnt be..so yes hes proven himself to be able to become a decent #2, no more

So you knock my boy? You need to stop the hate and get ya **** together. Jenkins has basically improved each year in the league, to call him a number 2 would mean you think he's reached his ceiling, so i guess you know something i don't. And for the record there are a bunch of teams right now where he woud be the #1 guy.

agreed jenkins would be the number 1 for several NFL teams right now.... he's no roddy... but he's definatly a player you want to keep...