Why do they always do this?

savage77

Ok first off i am not a roddy white hater i just want to say something. I just will never get how someone can hold for any amount of time when you are making millions of dollars a year. I mean come on most of us americans will never make even a million dollars in a lifetime let alone many millions a year. I understand their is the chance at getting hurt during the season but their is always a chance at getting hurt at anything. With my job i cant just hold out because i make ten dollars an hour and want eleven because my boss will just hire someone else for nine dollars an hour and be done with it. My point is how can players get away with holding out when you sign your rookie contract you know what you are getting. I mean the guy already got incentives for such a good year and i say just go out play at a high level and get your dues next year. This kind of stuff really sends the wrong message to us die hard fans and that message is that all he is worried about is money and not worried about winning the super bowl.

Ok first off i am not a roddy white hater i just want to say something. I just will never get how someone can hold for any amount of time when you are making millions of dollars a year. I mean come on most of us americans will never make even a million dollars in a lifetime let alone many millions a year. I understand their is the chance at getting hurt during the season but their is always a chance at getting hurt at anything. With my job i cant just hold out because i make ten dollars an hour and want eleven because my boss will just hire someone else for nine dollars an hour and be done with it. My point is how can players get away with holding out when you sign your rookie contract you know what you are getting. I mean the guy already got incentives for such a good year and i say just go out play at a high level and get your dues next year. This kind of stuff really sends the wrong message to us die hard fans and that message is that all he is worried about is money and not worried about winning the super bowl.

I live in the corporate world, and employees frequently go to their bosses and ask for a raise when they feel they are under paid. I have not known too many that are successful, so guess what, they take their services and skill sets to another company that will pay them better.

As far as signing an NFL contract, if a guy signs a 5 year deal and a team deems him as a bust after 3 years, that player does not get the total value of the contract if cut. NFL contracts are not like those the CEO's get where they get millions to go away after doing a bad job.

I understand where you are coming from, but if there was a guy out there that is not on a NFL team currently that could do what Roddy can do I think we would go out and get him. The fact is that there are only around 2000 people that can do what he does at an elite level.

The difference is that replacing the average worker is not very difficult. Replacing Roddy White on the other hand could prove a more daunting task. Everyone always says they don't get why these guys make so much. It's simple supply and demand. There are only so many freakishly athletic and talented guys out there and the demand for them is huge because guys like us want our team to win.

He should be willing to come out and play after the organization gave him a second and third chance to become the receiver he is now. He held out in his rookie season and then went on to become a disappointment for 2 years before he decided to break out. Most people on here wanted him out before 2007 started. I don't agree with the holdout but I am one of his biggest fans and I hope it gets resolved soon one way or another.

I hate holdouts but everybody knows that the market for good WRs has been set ($8-$10 million per season). They need to figure out how to package it and get it over with. Hopefully, most of it will be in incentives so Roddy keeps busting his butt to improve.

I hate holdouts but everybody knows that the market for good WRs has been set ($8-$10 million per season). They need to figure out how to package it and get it over with. Hopefully, most of it will be in incentives so Roddy keeps busting his butt to improve.

I agree but they are working with his agent now, right? Thats what I've been hearing and reading. Make it look like you want them to pay you...come out and do your job because everyone knows the organization WANTS him here. He has to WANT to be here too.

I agree but they are working with his agent now, right? Thats what I've been hearing and reading. Make it look like you want them to pay you...come out and do your job because everyone knows the organization WANTS him here. He has to WANT to be here too.

And this, you know to be true. There are two problems with holdouts:

1. Other players feel compelled to support their team mate and this undercuts the authority of the GM and coach and potentially divides the locker room.

2. The next player who thinks he deserves the contract will learn from how this plays out and if it appears that the franchise caves in, it will guarantee a future holdout.

As you stated, it's a two way street and Roddy has to step up and meet them somewhere in the middle. Every dollar he earns is a potential player cut for lack of cap space in the future. So if he wants to win, he's going to have to show it.