University of Georgia Bulldogs at Oklahoma State University Cowboys. One of The Most Anticipated Games of 2009!

Link to the whole thing #7 not too bad

The Prediction: For several years now, everyone had said that it was Georgia's time to reach up and grab themselves a BCS Championship. Each year though, the Bulldogs have faltered somewhere along the line. It wouldn't surprise me to see Georgia come out and steal one from the Cowboys this year when everyone has ridden them off. But I'm going with Oklahoma State in Stillwater. I think that the offense is something special this year and could be akin to what we saw last year when Crabtree and Harrell both garnered support for the Heisman (i.e. Robinson and Bryant). It what will be a tremendous game from start to finish, the Robinson-Bryant connection comes through with 2 scores and Kendall Hunter runs for 2 more as the Cowboys hold off a late Georgia push on the opening weekend of the season.

Oklahoma State 28 Georgia 23

We heard this against Boise State, against Hawaii, against OSU (round 1), and now we are hearing it again. Don't buy into the hype it'll only make you look dumb. Yes OSU has some nice pieces on offense but can anyone name one of their defenders? Is the sum better than the parts? They had better be or they're in for another beat down.

We heard this against Boise State, against Hawaii, against OSU (round 1), and now we are hearing it again. Don't buy into the hype it'll only make you look dumb. Yes OSU has some nice pieces on offense but can anyone name one of their defenders? Is the sum better than the parts? They had better be or they're in for another beat down.

UGA wont be beating anyone down this year. For sure not OSU.

Link to the whole thing #7 not too bad

The Prediction: For several years now, everyone had said that it was Georgia's time to reach up and grab themselves a BCS Championship. Each year though, the Bulldogs have faltered somewhere along the line. It wouldn't surprise me to see Georgia come out and steal one from the Cowboys this year when everyone has ridden them off. But I'm going with Oklahoma State in Stillwater. I think that the offense is something special this year and could be akin to what we saw last year when Crabtree and Harrell both garnered support for the Heisman (i.e. Robinson and Bryant). It what will be a tremendous game from start to finish, the Robinson-Bryant connection comes through with 2 scores and Kendall Hunter runs for 2 more as the Cowboys hold off a late Georgia push on the opening weekend of the season.

Oklahoma State 28 Georgia 23

First, I don't know if you wrote this, or just copied it from the blog. So when I refer to 'you' in the post, I am talking about the author.

Now, seriously, OSU had a great offense last season and they were special...last year. Couple of things, though. Why are they going to be special this year? Because of four good players? What about the other 7 barely average ones? All the playmakers are not back, did you forget about the safety valve, Pettigrew? What about the fact that neither starting OG has ever started a game in their college careers and are lining up across from the best pair of DTs in the nation? We have one of the most elite LB corps in the country as well, including the SEC's leading tackler, you really think Hunter is going to run wild through there? He is a solid back and this may be OSU, but that isn't Barry or Thurmond. Granted, our secondary wasn't the greatest in the world last year, but they were injury riddled and playing soft. That mentality is gone this year and whether we played poorly or not, we have 3x the talent back there that OSU does, it should be on display this season.

As far as the passing game, they have exactly one proven threat. One. We double-team Dez all game and make one of their other unproven or just average wideouts try and beat us. Sure, Blackmon and Aniyam are good, but how much do you expect them to really step up in Game 1? Now, don't get me wrong, I do think OSU will score some points, Dez will get his yards, but not nearly enough. Their offense is good, too good to not score, BUT how are they going to stop us? With a bunch of barely average defenders who played atrociously last year that now have a brand new DC and completely different defensive scheme? I wonder if the author can name even one player on their defense without looking it up? Not named Ugo? That defense is sorry and we are going to chew it up and spit it out. UGA should rip through that paper mache defense with ease, we have a powerful enough O for that, I am sure.

Wait, lemme guess. You are banking on our 3 deep-with-starting-talent-Oline to suck; one of the best WRs in the game to not have any impact; a RB corp as deep as USC's to not find anyone who can carry the rock behind those five bulldozers; and a fifth-year senior QB with a 1-0 record as a starter, who has already led a fourth quarter, high pressure comeback to completely forget the playbook and wet his pants because of a crowd half the size of what he sees in his home stadium? Or pretty much any major SEC stadium for that matter?

Just like so many others, you have hopped on the "Without Stafford and Moreno, Georgia should just disband the football program and stop playing football" bandwagon. Have you guys not looked at the kids backing him up? They are four and five star recruits who set state records for their positions in HS. Not some bunch of scrubs.

This game is going have some points scored, but more on the UGA side, simply because the OSU defense can't stop a team from a retirement home from hanging at least 21 on them. And once that lack of depth, especially on the defensive side of the ball, takes effect...game over, Big12. -_-

Oh yeah...Robinson in NYC for the Heisman presentation? :lol: :lol: Not unless he pays his own way. That thing is Colt's to lose this year. And where were we ridden off to anyway? :P

UGA 38 - OSU 24

First, I don't know if you wrote this, or just copied it from the blog. So when I refer to 'you' in the post, I am talking about the author.

Now, seriously, OSU had a great offense last season and they were special...last year. Couple of things, though. Why are they going to be special this year? Because of four good players? What about the other 7 barely average ones? All the playmakers are not back, did you forget about the safety valve, Pettigrew? What about the fact that neither starting OG has ever started a game in their college careers and are lining up across from the best pair of DTs in the nation? We have one of the most elite LB corps in the country as well, including the SEC's leading tackler, you really think Hunter is going to run wild through there? He is a solid back and this may be OSU, but that isn't Barry or Thurmond. Granted, our secondary wasn't the greatest in the world last year, but they were injury riddled and playing soft. That mentality is gone this year and whether we played poorly or not, we have 3x the talent back there that OSU does, it should be on display this season.

As far as the passing game, they have exactly one proven threat. One. We double-team Dez all game and make one of their other unproven or just average wideouts try and beat us. Sure, Blackmon and Aniyam are good, but how much do you expect them to really step up in Game 1? Now, don't get me wrong, I do think OSU will score some points, Dez will get his yards, but not nearly enough. Their offense is good, too good to not score, BUT how are they going to stop us? With a bunch of barely average defenders who played atrociously last year that now have a brand new DC and completely different defensive scheme? I wonder if the author can name even one player on their defense without looking it up? Not named Ugo? That defense is sorry and we are going to chew it up and spit it out. UGA should rip through that paper mache defense with ease, we have a powerful enough O for that, I am sure.

Wait, lemme guess. You are banking on our 3 deep-with-starting-talent-Oline to suck; one of the best WRs in the game to not have any impact; a RB corp as deep as USC's to not find anyone who can carry the rock behind those five bulldozers; and a fifth-year senior QB with a 1-0 record as a starter, who has already led a fourth quarter, high pressure comeback to completely forget the playbook and wet his pants because of a crowd half the size of what he sees in his home stadium? Or pretty much any major SEC stadium for that matter?

Just like so many others, you have hopped on the "Without Stafford and Moreno, Georgia should just disband the football program and stop playing football" bandwagon. Have you guys not looked at the kids backing him up? They are four and five star recruits who set state records for their positions in HS. Not some bunch of scrubs.

This game is going have some points scored, but more on the UGA side, simply because the OSU defense can't stop a team from a retirement home from hanging at least 21 on them. And once that lack of depth, especially on the defensive side of the ball, takes effect...game over, Big12. -_-

Oh yeah...Robinson in NYC for the Heisman presentation? :lol: :lol: Not unless he pays his own way. That thing is Colt's to lose this year. And where were we ridden off to anyway? :P

UGA 38 - OSU 24

The last option game you played against....

OSU doesn't run the option, they run the spread. :) They do run a 'Speed Option' play very often, but their main running play is an inside zone read. They also run a lot of counter. Check out this article: Deconstructing: Inside Oklahoma State's prolific balancing act. Really good article if you haven't already seen it.

If you watched that GT game, however, you would know that scheme wasn't the issue, effort was. If our defense had just tried a little harder, just gotten a single stop, we win, but they absolutely played horribly. Last year was statistically the worst defense since 2002 at UGA and Tech could only manage to eek out a 3 point win. How did that win really prove anything other than UGA played like crap?

UGA 38 - OSU 24

I have to say this may be one of the best posts ever on this message board.. Great breakdown.