Roddy Fine Ticker

And I want it all collected.

A number one reciever is in a possion of respect and leadership. RESPECT is earned and REFLICTED between two or more parties.

Roddy is showing us no respect so what respect could possibly be reflected back on him.

I definatly do not think he could hold much clout as a leader when has isolated himself from the rest of the team!

The amount of money he is burning is more than most FAN Households make in a year...after taxes, and that pisses me off.

Get rid of the bum!!!

$127,104 And Counting

If you put yourself in that position you would do the same thing. This won't last long because Roddy is gonna lose a lot of money quick. Expect a extension by Tuesday.

Why would I put myself in a position of taking the focus of camp from being about the team after a good year, to being put on me as though its all about me. If they are not gonna do what I want I would pout in the corner when I could be preparing for a possible NFC South Championship year??? No NO NOOOOOO!! I say I would not do the same thing in that situation.

Professional sports is about the fans that support a team which means it is all about THE TEAM, but no this is just one more player hanging around after Meangelo and Vick that is only conserned about getting paid. Well guess what, Im a fan that pays for season tickets every year and I dont want him to get paid now!!

Why would I put myself in a position of taking the focus of camp from being about the team after a good year, to being put on me as though its all about me. If they are not gonna do what I want I would pout in the corner when I could be preparing for a possible NFC South Championship year??? No NO NOOOOOO!! I say I would not do the same thing in that situation.

Professional sports is about the fans that support a team which means it is all about THE TEAM, but no this is just one more player hanging around after Meangelo and Vick that is only conserned about getting paid. Well guess what, Im a fan that pays for season tickets every year and I dont want him to get paid now!!

it is not great having this as a distraction. but look on the bright side of life..............football is here.

one more day he is misses he will have to pay back what i make in an entire year...............on top of that i'm gonna travel down to atlanta to watch him play against the bears. he should pay for me for the trip ha.

I was just thinking about that too ... a bunch of people (50k yearly salary) would have to work 45 years to make 2.25mil. That makes the "but he could get hurt any play" argument kind of absurd ... I know he'll spend more money, but again, others have to work 40+ years to make what he makes in one year ... and he isn't happy with it.

But I had the "they're all overpaid" discussion already ... I'd still prefer contracts with less salary, less signing bonus and more incentives ... if a player plays well, he earns more money ... don't see a point in paying somebody 8+mil for being on the roster.

I was just thinking about that too ... a bunch of people (50k yearly salary) would have to work like 45 years to make 2.25mil. That makes the "but he could get hurt any play" argument kind of absurd ... I know he'll spend more money, but again, others have to work 40+ years to make what he makes in one year ... and he isn't happy with it.

true. he could get hurt every play. but i could get hurt every day being a landscaper and i fiddle around with lethal chemicals every day and i don't get paid 2 mill a year. seems unfair. i could die and he could tear an acl...........a little different IMO.

some people seeking work in 3rd world countries could have the same argument, "omg 50,000 a year?!" -

just because you're a fan, don't confuse a business for a charity - from the owner to the players, they may love the game but any reasonable person has to consider maximizing their value when they have it to secure a future for themselves and the people they support.

you don't know what he does with that money - who he has to support - or how hard he had to work for it, or what risks he took to be in a position to make what he makes.

if the falcons don't want him - they ultimately have that choice

he's willing to try and see

i might like him a little less for doing this, but i don't confuse his right to do it as some whiney money grubbing move -

we friggin live in america - in a capitalist world - lets not be naive about how the world works -

true. he could get hurt every play. but i could get hurt every day being a landscaper and i fiddle around with lethal chemicals every day and i don't get paid 2 mill a year. seems unfair. i could die and he could tear an acl...........a little different IMO.

that's right ,we're the unsung hero's of society, the every day working man (meaning male & female).

some people seeking work in 3rd world countries could have the same argument, "omg 50,000 a year?!" -

just because you're a fan, don't confuse a business for a charity - from the owner to the players, they may love the game but any reasonable person has to consider maximizing their value when they have it to secure a future for themselves and the people they support.

you don't know what he does with that money - who he has to support - or how hard he had to work for it, or what risks he took to be in a position to make what he makes.

if the falcons don't want him - they ultimately have that choice

he's willing to try and see

i might like him a little less for doing this, but i don't confuse his right to do it as some whiney money grubbing move -

we friggin live in america - in a capitalist world - lets not be naive about how the world works -

I have no problem with him wanting a new contract ... but the way he does it is plain wrong. Show up, practice well and earn it. I wouldn't sit down with him as long as he's not working out with the team (which should come first) ... and if he doesn't take the offer now, it's his problem. Right now he's still under contract, might be RFA next season and hasn't been franchised yet. There are quite some options for a team to make his NFL life very hard (he's going to be 28 in November ... so if there's a uncapped season and we franchise him the season after, he'd be nearly 30 when he becomes UFA), if he wants to play "hardball".

And I want every penny collected.

1. He is the only holdout

2. He is currently under contract.

3. He already heldout during his rookie year

4. Let me feel sorry for him having to live the tough life only making 2.25 mill this year...whan.

5. Pay him yes, but do not cotle a holdout baby.

$17,000 and counting

You don't think these fines will be covered by the new signing bonus? He'll get a deal and everything will be fine. It's just the way of the NFL.

that's right ,we're the unsung hero's of society, the every day working man (meaning male & female).

exactly. I love football to death and i am very faithful and loyal to my falcons. now that i'm getting older it seems like they are only there to entertain me.....which that is all the nfl business is....just for entertainment. seems unfair they cry about millions when i would be thanking the great God himself for giving me 500,000 bucks.

Either way....Roddy or no Roddy.....i still bleed red and black.

I have no problem with him wanting a new contract ... but the way he does it is plain wrong. Show up, practice well and earn it. I wouldn't sit down with him as long as he's not working out with the team (which should come first) ... and if he doesn't take the offer now, it's his problem. Right now he's still under contract, might be RFA next season and hasn't been franchised yet. There are quite some options for a team to make his NFL life very hard (he's going to be 28 in November ... so if there's a uncapped season and we franchise him the season after, he'd be nearly 30 when he becomes UFA), if he wants to play "hardball".

Yeah and if he breaks his leg or tears up a knee it's over... You guys need to understand the business side of this sport better.

The NFL contracts are one sided... they can cut you at anytime and not pay you. If he's hurt he doesn't make a dime!

Jenkins is getting 5 million a year and Roddy only just over 2....

The deal will get done and the Falcons will be fine.

Yeah and if he breaks his leg or tears up a knee it's over... You guys need to understand the business side of this sport better.

The NFL contracts are one sided... they can cut you at anytime and not pay you. If he's hurt he doesn't make a dime!

Jenkins is getting 5 million a year and Roddy only just over 2....

The deal will get done and the Falcons will be fine.

Heck, Colt McCoy signed a insurance covering career-ending injuries and he's not even in the NFL ... let the Falcons sign one for Roddy, get him into TC and work out a deal there (and once he has his deal he should be able to pay the premiums) ... holding out doesn't help him and doesn't help the team.

exactly. I love football to death and i am very faithful and loyal to my falcons. now that i'm getting older it seems like they are only there to entertain me.....which that is all the nfl business is....just for entertainment. seems unfair they cry about millions when i would be thanking the great God himself for giving me 500,000 bucks.

Either way....Roddy or no Roddy.....i still bleed red and black.

well said my friend , this kinda reminds me of a little kid in the store not getting his way and falling on the floor screeming and threating he going to hold his breath , please .

well said my friend , this kinda reminds me of a little kid in the store not getting his way and falling on the floor screeming and threating he going to hold his breath , please .

lol until a random person having a horrible day walks by that kid and kicks him square in the chest......do it TD! kick roddy in the chest!!

I dont think some of you understand how a business works. Roddy and the Falcons are a HIGH priority, only about 1 in 10,000 athletes go pro in ANY sport. Now, how many people can do your job well? Probably a lot of people, not trying to be mean. Athletes get paid lots of money because they raise a lot of money and having a very talented team puts butts in the seats and jerseys on the torsos.