Not a Roddy White fan anymore

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont care to see your idiotic and mundane post anymore. You are a jackanape with no football knowledge. Just be quiet and let the professionals handle this, mmm k?

Dude, you are sitting here and showing your lack of football knowledge. We put up with his sorry play and then after he has two good years he starts a hold-out? You would defend that sort of unprofessional behavior?

I would have gone out there, practiced hard and demanded an extension the whole while. This is childish.

To play devil's advocate here:

I'd like to have seen Roddy at training camp this morning. He's doing what's best for him. And that means holding out till he gets a better contract. He's been a top 5 WR for the past two years - ****, he should get paid like he's one.

Put it this way, if he gets hurt tomorrow, the Falcons have no obligation or loyalty to him either. They can cut him and he wouldn't get paid a dime. It works both ways people. He's just trying to look out for what's best for him. There's no doubt he has loyalty to the Falcons but to just write him off and say "Cut him Dimitroff" is just plain ignorant.

My personal opinion, I think Roddy's agent and Thomas D need to sit down, find out what's a fair deal, make the deal, and both sides will be happy. If he does not play this year, then who's our #1? Jenkins :lol:

Dude, you are sitting here and showing your lack of football knowledge. We put up with his sorry play and then after he has two good years he starts a hold-out? You would defend that sort of unprofessional behavior?

I would have gone out there, practiced hard and demanded an extension the whole while. This is childish.

If he did THAT he woudl have had the fans solidly behind him. Instead he decided to act like a child not getting hsi way.

I'd like to have seen Roddy at training camp this morning. He's doing what's best for him. And that means holding out till he gets a better contract. He's been a top 5 WR for the past two years - ****, he should get paid like he's one.

Put it this way, if he gets hurt tomorrow, the Falcons have no obligation or loyalty to him either. They can cut him and he wouldn't get paid a dime. It works both ways people. He's just trying to look out for what's best for him. There's no doubt he has loyalty to the Falcons but to just write him off and say "Cut him Dimitroff" is just plain ignorant.

My personal opinion, I think Roddy's agent and Thomas D need to sit down, find out what's a fair deal, make the deal, and both sides will be happy. If he does not play this year, then who's our #1? Jenkins :lol:

Yup, nail on the head.

Dude, You are sitting hear living in wonderland. As I said in my last post on another thread, Roddy White DOES NOT NEED US. WE NEED RODDY WHITE. Okay? Do you understand? We are NOT in the posistion to dictate to him. He is a proven wideout and any number of teams are licking their chops waiting to scoop him up. Why don't you stop living in ESPN fantasy land and get back to the real world. The NFL is a money making orginization. Its players are the money makers. Roddy White is holding out because he knows we need him. If anything, it is only showing his aptitude in economics, and yes, a little greed. My whole point is though, he CAN BE greedy. Until he under performs, he can demand more. If we want him in our uniform (some of you may not) then we need to pay him. There is no debate that we NEED RW though. He is CRUCIAL to this season. I repeat, CRUCIAL.

So once again, stop drinking the kool-aid, stop watching sportscenter, and get back to reality. This is a buisness venture, so be prudent buisnessmen. Roddy White is a KEY ASSET that we cannot do without and still perform on the same level. Besides, if we pay him the money, make it to even the second round of play-offs, then with all the extra revenue generated his contract would be all but paid for. Get real people. Roddy White is an investment into our teams future. Stop trying to short change the fans of Atlanta, and just suck it up.

helmsman-"I really dont care to see your idiotic(foolish or stupid) and mundane(ordinary or unexceptional) post anymore.(at which point you would never look at it again, perhaps you are not being honest with yourself) You are a jackanape(? :huh: ?) with no football knowledge(information or awareness gained from study or experience). Just be quiet and let the professionals(peter griffin) handle this, mmm k(classic example of idiotic and mundane and quite possibly jackanape behavior, definately not knowledgable or professional)?"

I don't know why more people don't realize this.

Dimitroff has to be cautious with the budget...I love that he's doing that unlike McKay. That said, Roddy deserves to get his contract. He's a legit #1, a Pro Bowler, and a deep threat for our young QB. #1 receivers don't just grow on trees and you try to hold onto the ones that have already established a chemistry with your QBs.

What are we supposed to do...trade him like the armchair GMs are saying? :rolleyes: I like Jenkins, Douglas, Finneran, etc., but make no mistake...we NEED Roddy.

Nobody twisted White's arm to sign his original contract and that included playing this season while honoring that contract. On the other hand I didn't see him ask for a contract reduction when he was dropping all those passes several years ago either. He needs to get in camp and be a team player then and only then should Dimitroff consider extending his contract.

This guy would be no where if it were no for this organization. How does he show his appreciation? By holding out and causing a distraction. I really don't care to see him back...

holdouts are never a distraction until we get to preseason games. It's nothing for guys to miss a few early days of camp, just a little extra (although expensive @17K/day) vacation. Nobody on the Falcons roster is distracted by Roddy not being there, they actually understand there is a business side to the game, unlike many fans it seems.

This guy would be no where if it were no for this organization. How does he show his appreciation? By holding out and causing a distraction. I really don't care to see him back...

Well, in theory, no player would be anywhere without the team that drafted them.

Dude, You are sitting hear living in wonderland. As I said in my last post on another thread, Roddy White DOES NOT NEED US. WE NEED RODDY WHITE. Okay? Do you understand? We are NOT in the posistion to dictate to him. He is a proven wideout and any number of teams are licking their chops waiting to scoop him up. Why don't you stop living in ESPN fantasy land and get back to the real world. The NFL is a money making orginization. Its players are the money makers. Roddy White is holding out because he knows we need him. If anything, it is only showing his aptitude in economics, and yes, a little greed. My whole point is though, he CAN BE greedy. Until he under performs, he can demand more. If we want him in our uniform (some of you may not) then we need to pay him. There is no debate that we NEED RW though. He is CRUCIAL to this season. I repeat, CRUCIAL.

So once again, stop drinking the kool-aid, stop watching sportscenter, and get back to reality. This is a buisness venture, so be prudent buisnessmen. Roddy White is a KEY ASSET that we cannot do without and still perform on the same level. Besides, if we pay him the money, make it to even the second round of play-offs, then with all the extra revenue generated his contract would be all but paid for. Get real people. Roddy White is an investment into our teams future. Stop trying to short change the fans of Atlanta, and just suck it up.

I couldn't have put it any better myself. Some ppl just don't get it.

holdouts are never a distraction until we get to preseason games. It's nothing for guys to miss a few early days of camp, just a little extra (although expensive @17K/day) vacation. Nobody on the Falcons roster is distracted by Roddy not being there, they actually understand there is a business side to the game, unlike many fans it seems.

truth.

Nobody twisted White's arm to sign his original contract and that included playing this season while honoring that contract. On the other hand I didn't see him ask for a contract reduction when he was dropping all those passes several years ago either. He needs to get in camp and be a team player then and only then should Dimitroff consider extending his contract.

Guys get cut and released all the time. That said, if Roddy would have gotten cut...clearly it would have been a huge mistake as we'd have been giving up on him to early.

This is the NFL...the land of contracts that aren't guaranteed. Guys have to do this type of stuff. If the contract he signed his rookie year was guaranteed like the NBA or MLB then it would be a different story. All this "honor" the contract stuff really holds no weight in the NFL though.

helmsman-"I really dont care to see your idiotic(foolish or stupid) and mundane(ordinary or unexceptional) post anymore.(at which point you would never look at it again, perhaps you are not being honest with yourself) You are a jackanape(? :huh: ?) with no football knowledge(information or awareness gained from study or experience). Just be quiet and let the professionals(peter griffin) handle this, mmm k(classic example of idiotic and mundane and quite possibly jackanape behavior, definately not knowledgable or professional)?"

Im sorry cartoon character known for being a moron. I am a nice, respectful guy who does not mind other peoples opinions so long as they dont adversly affect me. Your synopsis of this situation shows that your opinion wants to do just that. I am tired of it man. I am tired of it in Falcons football, the NFL, the economy, and the white house. I wont stand by and take it anymore. Sometimes you have to tell people, shut up, you are being stupid. Peter, shut up, you are being stupid. And I am sorry if you do not understand my verncaular due to your lack of known lexicons but I suggest that you pick up some books and learn instead of trying to refute arguments above the caliber of your intellectual ability. I dont feel the need to dumb down my post so idiots can understand them. You are in the wrong peter, this is not Madden, this is not college. This is the NFL where WR's like RW are VERY hard to come by and ALL OF THEM require ALOT OF MONEY! Find me a WR like RW who goes into every season making under 3 million and ill find you a WR on crack, or on the down slope of his career. This isnt Marvin Harrison, nor is this Plaxico Buress. This is Roddy White, this is THE SEASON, this is one of THE players. Get it done and stop speaking foolishness.

Guys get cut and released all the time. That said, if Roddy would have gotten cut...clearly it would have been a huge mistake as we'd have been giving up on him to early.

This is the NFL...the land of contracts that aren't guaranteed. Guys have to do this type of stuff. If the contract he signed his rookie year was guaranteed like the NBA or MLB then it would be a different story. All this "honor" the contract stuff really holds no weight in the NFL though.

:huh:

I am sure White received a sizable signing bonus and possibly some guaranteed money when he originally signed being that he was a first round pick. Had he been a bust and we cut him the Falcons wouldn't get cash back either so that is a two way street.

Thank you. You have shown exactly why the system is flawed especially when players hold out.

Bottom line is: White signed the original binding contract to play through this season. Not hold out.

:huh:

I am sure White received a sizable signing bonus and possibly some guaranteed money when he originally signed being that he was a first round pick. Had he been a bust and we cut him the Falcons wouldn't get cash back either so that is a two way street.

Thank you. You have shown exactly why the system is flawed especially when players hold out.

Bottom line is: White signed the original binding contract to play through this season. Not hold out.

Recite the numbers since you're so sure it was so sizable. :rolleyes:

It was his rookie contract...sure he got a bonus as he was a 1st rounder...but guess what...it's Roddy's 5th year coming up...and the way he's played the last 2 seasons and seeing as his contract is up this year...it's time to re-negotiate. He knows his worth and he's earned the right to get a new deal worked out that will have some guaranteed $...but once again...will not be GUARANTEED overall.

The playing out the contract is so silly to me, b/c like I said...if a team wants to cut a guy who underperforms...nobody flips out about not "honoring" the contract.