You Get What You Pay For

helmsman

I find it ridiculous so many people are ready to trade Roddy White. HELLO, DID YOU SEE HIM LAST SEASON?? He wants more money then you GIVE IT TO HIM. He has EARNED HIS MONEY. You people suggesting we trade a pro-bowl WR JUST NOW REACHING IS PRIME IS STUPIDITY with a HUGE lack of football knowledge. You ever wonder why when you buy things that cost more $, they last longer, perform better, and are just overall better than the **** thats marked 1/2 off? It is COMMON SENSE people. You PAY him the money, or you get ready to hold your breath for anouther turmultuous season as a Falcon fan. Put down the kool-aid people, I think you've had enough.

I agree... for so many years with YKW we were wishing for a true #1 WR, we finally found one and everyone wants to get rid of him. We cannot simply just find another one. RW was one of the best in the game last year, and to suggest that he does not deserve a pay raise is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I do wish he would play out this season and then get paid next year, but I would much rather us lock him up now, then hit the open market next year.

I find it ridiculous so many people are ready to trade Roddy White. HELLO, DID YOU SEE HIM LAST SEASON?? He wants more money then you GIVE IT TO HIM. He has EARNED HIS MONEY. You people suggesting we trade a pro-bowl WR JUST NOW REACHING IS PRIME IS STUPIDITY with a HUGE lack of football knowledge. You ever wonder why when you buy things that cost more $, they last longer, perform better, and are just overall better than the **** thats marked 1/2 off? It is COMMON SENSE people. You PAY him the money, or you get ready to hold your breath for anouther turmultuous season as a Falcon fan. Put down the kool-aid people, I think you've had enough.

But there has to be a limit. You cant just pay dude whatever he wants to make. We have 52 other guys that also need to be paid and there is a salary cap

But there has to be a limit. You cant just pay dude whatever he wants to make. We have 52 other guys that also need to be paid and there is a salary cap

ANd then there is the precedent of letting a guy throw a temper tantrum and get what he wants for it.

Man whatever, Roddy is pullin some straight B@##$ Sh*t right now. How, after last season and the mantra of being a TEAM do you go out and do something like this. It has to be his agents idea and not his because this is straight whack.

Does he not realize that the FO was busy trying to sign all their draft pcicks before camp. They JUST signed Jerry. Now right when TD puts down his pen and wipes his sweat, here comes Roddy B*tchin about a contract.

How many ppl trully believe that after last seasons extensions to Jenks and Babs, that Roddy wouldnt have gotten his sometime during the season. There was no need to hold-out, he is just being a lazy **** right now.

In all seriousness, I will have a players back if I believe the situation calls for it, like in 2007 when everbody was bashing our players for speaking out against Petrino, but right now with this situation, there are so many more reasons why Roddy SHOULD be in camp with his teamates, then there reasons he should not. This current regime has shown a great effort to ensure the happiness of both players and administration alike, so why would he spit in their faces like this???? Its very selfish, point blank.

we seriously need to lock him up now before he hits FA. Someone will seriously outspend us to get him. WR hitting thier prime never see FA... he would most certainly become a Cowboy :(

EXACTLY!!! What you people are overlooking, or just choosing to ignore, is that Roddy White is on the precipous of elitism in the WR core of the NFL. He has nothing but upswing. He is proven, capable, work-oriented, and yes, a team player. He wants more money, well, most people that way outperform their contracts want the same. Am I saying we pay him Larry Fitz dollers? No. However, we should be doing everything we can to get him back in camp and signed. All around versatile WR's are not just pick me ups in the draft. We need White. He doesnt need us. Do you understand that? Do you UNDERSTAND THAT? WE NEED HIM, HE DOES NOT NEED US. So why don't we get off our high horse, accept the fact that he is a CRUCIAL part of our offense, and get the deal done. Anything else is just stupid risk taking to save a few dollars. If he wants 9 mill a year, then just sign him to a 6 year deal and make it happen.

EXACTLY!!! What you people are overlooking, or just choosing to ignore, is that Roddy White is on the precipous of elitism in the WR core of the NFL. He has nothing but upswing. He is proven, capable, work-oriented, and yes, a team player. He wants more money, well, most people that way outperform their contracts want the same. Am I saying we pay him Larry Fitz dollers? No. However, we should be doing everything we can to get him back in camp and signed. All around versatile WR's are not just pick me ups in the draft. We need White. He doesnt need us. Do you understand that? Do you UNDERSTAND THAT? WE NEED HIM, HE DOES NOT NEED US. So why don't we get off our high horse, accept the fact that he is a CRUCIAL part of our offense, and get the deal done. Anything else is just stupid risk taking to save a few dollars. If he wants 9 mill a year, then just sign him to a 6 year deal and make it happen.

In other words, reward him throwing a temper tantrum.

People need to chill. Roddy will get his new contract soon. He WILL be playing for us by preseason and nobody will be talking about this needless hoop-laa. :D

No. I'm not forgetting it. He showed that the team is NOT a top priority for him.

Not forgetting that.

If we pay Roddy 9 million per season right now & he goes out and has a pro bowl year, is he going to be p/o'ed & hold out next year because pro bowl WR's are now making 11 mill/season & he's only getting 9 million? If Roddy waits & has a good year, he could be paid better this offseason. He has already agreed to the amount of money he is to earn this year.

And to go along with the "EARNED HIS MONEY" argument, if we pay Roddy now, and he stinks up the joint and puts up half his last year numbers cause he's getting lazy & fat off the new contract is he going to renegotiate it down for a lower amount in 2010 since he "DIDN'T EARNED HIS MONEY" for the 2010 season????

No. I'm not forgetting it. He showed that the team is NOT a top priority for him.

Not forgetting that.

You are laughable you naieve girly man. Oh, he held out on his team, hes got character issues, wa wa wa.

You sir need a lesson in buisness, and economics. Do you know the diffrence between Assests and Liabilities? Do you know what a puzzle piece is? A piece that forms with the other pieces to form the whole. This guy has it all. He wants what he is worth. We NEED HIM. HE DOES NOT NEED US. So unless you REALLY want him to go to another team and leave us shortchanged for yet another season then screw your head back on and pull the cord that turns on that little lightbulb in your head. Yes, I KNOWI am being rude, but I don't care. This is almost as bad as the people saying we need government run healthcare because of the "50 million" people who are uninsured. Its moronic, irresponsbile, and reprehensible. Roddy White is the third most important part of our team, and he is YOUNG. Pay him, extend his contract, and stfu.

You are laughable you naieve girly man. Oh, he held out on his team, hes got character issues, wa wa wa.

You sir need a lesson in buisness, and economics. Do you know the diffrence between Assests and Liabilities? Do you know what a puzzle piece is? A piece that forms with the other pieces to form the whole. This guy has it all. He wants what he is worth. We NEED HIM. HE DOES NOT NEED US. So unless you REALLY want him to go to another team and leave us shortchanged for yet another season then screw your head back on and pull the cord that turns on that little lightbulb in your head. Yes, I KNOWI am being rude, but I don't care. This is almost as bad as the people saying we need government run healthcare because of the "50 million" people who are uninsured. Its moronic, irresponsbile, and reprehensible. Roddy White is the third most important part of our team, and he is YOUNG. Pay him, extend his contract, and stfu.

I have no problem with him getting extended or payed. WHatsoever.

I have a problem with him holding out. SOlely and by itself. No objection to him getting a raise or contract extension.

\

COmpletely an objection to the tactic.

Well thank you for clarifying Chif. However my good sir, Roddy White is an NFL player AND a buisnessman. We all know that if we were in the same situation in the professional world where a company NEEDED us but was underpaying us, and the company down the street wants to double are salary and give us a company car, we ALL know we would go down the street man. We all have families, bills, dreams, and if we our offered these things we will take them, regardless if weve been working at the other company for five years and made some really great friends. Friends don't pay your bills, pay checks do. We pay the big bucks for the big talent. If you don't want to pay the money, then you will get what you pay for. Case closed.

Well thank you for clarifying Chif. However my good sir, Roddy White is an NFL player AND a buisnessman. We all know that if we were in the same situation in the professional world where a company NEEDED us but was underpaying us, and the company down the street wants to double are salary and give us a company car, we ALL know we would go down the street man. We all have families, bills, dreams, and if we our offered these things we will take them, regardless if weve been working at the other company for five years and made some really great friends. Friends don't pay your bills, pay checks do. We pay the big bucks for the big talent. If you don't want to pay the money, then you will get what you pay for. Case closed.

ANd if a business executive imitated Whites actions he woudl get fired.

Why are you acting like the man is a FA right now. What all you businessman example ppl keep forgetting is that he is on contract for us and no other team can offer him anything RIGHT NOW but us. And PAST HISTORY SHOWS that he would have gotten his raise in before the end of the season. My thing is, if his contract was such a pressing issue to him, WHY DIDNT HE BRING IT UP EARLIER IN THE OFFSESON. Why did he wait until camp to just not show up without any warning. This seems like some last minute lazy punk ish if you ask me. He is really dumb for this because I trully think he is gonna lose out on more than he would have had he not done this.