morning practice notes

whitekb011

The weather was really good and the crowd was fairly light. Anyway here are some notes.

Trey lewis, Babs, Anderson, and JA where the starting DL.

Mike peterson was the best guy out there in my opinion.

Brent grimes had a pick on a 9 route. Ryan was the QB and HD reciever. Grimes should of had a second pick on arron kelley.

Owens was very good in coverage and was on the second string.

Von hutchinson was at Safety on the second string.

William Moore and curtis lofton, where in position to lay the wood if the would have been in a game.

houston is a very good corner. No reciever was getting off his Jam.

On one play JA was covering Gonzo and actually was in very good position, but Gonzo was all over it. On one pass ryan threw a floater to gonzo and about two feet to the ball, gonzo just turned his head like he knew the ball was there. Crumpler was never that good.

Kelly has problems getting off the jam and needs to work on his first two steps off the line. He seems slow off the snap.

Talked to Babs, and we were talking about JA98, I said I hope he has a good year, bab looked at me and shook his head and said o yea.

Guys I think our defense is going to be a lot better. They moved as a unit in 11 on 11 and the speed is so much better, especiallly in the middle of the field.

Parker wilson I think had the throw of the day. Droped a 20 yard out route in the middle of 3 defenders.

Kroy B is really bigger.

Sidbury is a big guy and a nice guy too.

I'm not gonna get to happy about Grimes yet since he did this same thing last year. But thanks for the update

Grimes is a tremendously gifted CB, but his size lets him down. While I was glad Foxworth stepped up last season, I was (and remain) impressed with how hard Grimes played. The man gives 110% on every play.

Hey good deal, thanks for the update. Sounds like the defense was running pretty darn smooth. Was Ryan's INT ugly or just a training camp kind of INT (e.g. not really making the kind of pass he'd make on game day)?

Grimes was in perfect, I mean perfect, position. Nothing Ryan or HD could do. It was about a 55 yrd throw.

Grimes is a tremendously gifted CB, but his size lets him down. While I was glad Foxworth stepped up last season, I was (and remain) impressed with how hard Grimes played. The man gives 110% on every play.

Seems like he would be best suited to cover the smaller slot guys. If Chevis or Owens can step up and take the no.2 corner spot and play well we should be vastly improved in our secondary. Keep the reports coming. Thanks man, good work!

houston is a very good corner. No reciever was getting off his Jam.

I think the only knock that most people have on the guy is that he doesn't get his head around on the deep ball. He learns how to do that and there's not much left to complain about.

I am impressed with Grimes as well. When it comes to the likes of T.O., Roy Williams, Randy Moss, Mushin Muhammed, anybody over 6'2", he's just not able to do much with them. I know we have small corners all around but he's just not fit to be the starter. Thats JMO

Thanks for the updates. I'd really appreciate it if you kept an eye on Middleton and let me know how he's doin. Have fun while you're there. I went in 2005 and Roddy wasn't at that camp either, so I got to watch Peerless drop passes all day.

I added my notes next to yours.

The weather was really good and the crowd was fairly light. Anyway here are some notes.

Trey lewis, Babs, Anderson, and JA where the starting DL. Lewis is HUGE. Biermann and JA both looked bigger

Mike peterson was the best guy out there in my opinion. True, but Lofton was flying around too.

Brent grimes had a pick on a 9 route. Ryan was the QB and HD reciever. Grimes should of had a second pick on arron kelley. Outstanding Pick! He went way up to get it too.

Owens was very good in coverage and was on the second string. He is not a big guy at all though.

Von hutchinson was at Safety on the second string. Coleman and DeCoud started together. Moore is huge.

William Moore and curtis lofton, where in position to lay the wood if the would have been in a game. D line also got some penetration causing some rushed passes and would have been TFL on the runs.

houston is a very good corner. No reciever was getting off his Jam. We miss Roddy!

On one play JA was covering Gonzo and actually was in very good position, but Gonzo was all over it. On one pass ryan threw a floater to gonzo and about two feet to the ball, gonzo just turned his head like he knew the ball was there. Crumpler was never that good. Gonzo also got knocked down by Peterson and didn't seem real happy about it!

Kelly has problems getting off the jam and needs to work on his first two steps off the line. He seems slow off the snap. Surprise new face, Darren Mougey (rookie) is very tall and caught a couple of balls too.

Talked to Babs, and we were talking about JA98, I said I hope he has a good year, bab looked at me and shook his head and said o yea.

Guys I think our defense is going to be a lot better. They moved as a unit in 11 on 11 and the speed is so much better, especiallly in the middle of the field.

Parker wilson I think had the throw of the day. Droped a 20 yard out route in the middle of 3 defenders.

Kroy B is really bigger. He made an inside move on one play that just blew up a run. This guy also does not quit. I saw him 30 yards downfield on one play.

Sidbury is a big guy and a nice guy too. I didn't see him making any plays, but he is fast.

Also the OT Garrett Reynolds is Tyson Clabo sized- Big boy.

Looked Like WIll Svitek is backing up Baker at LT.

GREAT DAY!