Anybody watch Whale Wars on Animal Planet ?

Scorpion

I laugh at how dumb that show is and the people on it. Its about this ship that is trying to protect whales but they pretty much have no authority. In order to stop other ships from killing whales they go in these small boats and try to trow some kind of acid on the ship that is catching whales. They also trow nets trying to mess up their ships and brake it. In return these japanese whale ships are trying to fight back by using high pressured water hoses and spraying at them so they cant come close to the ships. They also use something called LROD that makes lot of noise and is suppose to make them back away . Seriously wtf are they doing messing with the japanese ships. I wonder why these ships just dont start shooting at them because these so called whale protectors are truly annoying. While i believe whales should be protected i think these idiots trying to protect them are doing it the wrong way. They cant use and military force and are just making themselves look like idiots. If someone was attacking me with acid and crap i would be shooting at their *** ... these Japs are too nice.

Ok i am done venting/

I laugh at how dumb that show is and the people on it. Its about this ship that is trying to protect whales but they pretty much have no authority. In order to stop other ships from killing whales they go in these small boats and try to trow some kind of acid on the ship that is catching whales. They also trow nets trying to mess up their ships and brake it. In return these japanese whale ships are trying to fight back by using high pressured water hoses and spraying at them so they cant come close to the ships. They also use something called LROD that makes lot of noise and is suppose to make them back away . Seriously wtf are they doing messing with the japanese ships. I wonder why these ships just dont start shooting at them because these so called whale protectors are truly annoying. While i believe whales should be protected i think these idiots trying to protect them are doing it the wrong way. They cant use and military force and are just making themselves look like idiots. If someone was attacking me with acid and crap i would be shooting at their *** ... these Japs are too nice.

Ok i am done venting/

so instead we do nothing and rely on "talks" between governments to stop them hunting whales to extinction??

Ok i am done venting/

my absolute favorite show. love watching a bunch of hippie wannabe pirates out in antarctica trying to get themselves killed.

but a few points of correction. the "acid" is simply rancid butter. it's a glorified stink bomb and is non-toxic and not at all dangerous. the japanese HAVE shot at them, at least they once tried to assassinate the captain. not sure which season that was, but he was wearing a bulletproof vest so he survived.

my absolute favorite show. love watching a bunch of hippie wannabe pirates out in antarctica trying to get themselves killed.

but a few points of correction. the "acid" is simply rancid butter. it's a glorified stink bomb and is non-toxic and not at all dangerous. the japanese HAVE shot at them, at least they once tried to assassinate the captain. not sure which season that was, but he was wearing a bulletproof vest so he survived.

I would have shot at them too if i was in their position even though i think whaling is wrong.. Those idiots have no right of chasing their boat and trowing stink bombs on the ships. Its like someone that doesnt like SUVs or something trying to run a person over the road. Crazy

All I know is that they are wasting their money. Yes, I think what they are doing is valiant and right, but they cannot execute the simplest thing properly. All they do is waste time and money, every time they try to stop these guys they screw up. They can't get their boats in the water, or they can't throw the nets at the right time, or they can't hit the HUF*****MUNGOUS ship with a simple throw. I mean these guys are so bad it's almost uncomfortable to watch. They may all be good people and trying to help the environment, but jesus christ man, are you all ******** or what.

All I know is that they are wasting their money. Yes, I think what they are doing is valiant and right, but they cannot execute the simplest thing properly. All they do is waste time and money, every time they try to stop these guys they screw up. They can't get their boats in the water, or they can't throw the nets at the right time, or they can't hit the HUF*****MUNGOUS ship with a simple throw. I mean these guys are so bad it's almost uncomfortable to watch. They may all be good people and trying to help the environment, but jesus christ man, are you all ******** or what.

hahaha thats exactly how i feel too... Srsly i find my self pulling for the Japs ... i just put my self in a position where some driver didnt like something about my car and followed me trying to egg my car or run me off the road. IDIOTS

I would have shot at them too if i was in their position even though i think whaling is wrong.. Those idiots have no right of chasing their boat and trowing stink bombs on the ships. Its like someone that doesnt like SUVs or something trying to run a person over the road. Crazy

i don't side iwth the sea shepherds, but it's nothing like that. running somebody off the road is dangerous and could kill them.

it would be like someone who doesn't like big houses throwing stink bombs through open windows. would you kill someone over that?

the person who shot at the captain tried to murder him for disrupting their commercial fishing. that's pretty extreme.

Considering what these people are doing in international waters, seems to me the only things this crews is looking for is the deep six. The Sea Shepherd and it's crew are only looking to be shot for some of the stunts they pull on the high seas. These people are not playing with a full deck.

i don't side iwth the sea shepherds, but it's nothing like that. running somebody off the road is dangerous and could kill them.

it would be like someone who doesn't like big houses throwing stink bombs through open windows. would you kill someone over that?

the person who shot at the captain tried to murder him for disrupting their commercial fishing. that's pretty extreme.

You got to understand ... what they are doing might be wrong but its their JOB.. Its how they put food on the table for their family and these random guys are messing with them. Furthermore what the Sheperds are doing is dangerous because they are getting close to the ships and trying to brake their ship so that they are stuck in water.

Does anyone else wish they would harpoon the fat arse ***** of a captain?

This idiot literally sends guys out on death missions ..and then puts them on a guilt trip when they come back alive and unsuccessful.

He wanted to practice a boat launch at full speed in 20 ft. waves. the boat got sideways and capsides and nearly killed all 4 guys in the boats. :rolleyes:

You got to understand ... what they are doing might be wrong but its their JOB.. Its how they put food on the table for their family and these random guys are messing with them. Furthermore what the Sheperds are doing is dangerous because they are getting close to the ships and trying to brake their ship so that they are stuck in water.

the people on board are legally supposed to be scientists and workers doing scientific research. if they get paid by quota or some other commercial fishing arrangement then they are in fact violating international law. i'd be surprised if anyone other than the people selling the meat on the black market are losing money by the sea shepherds actions.

whaling is part of the japanese culture, so i suspect (but don't know) that it has more to do with that than any loss of income. consumption of whale meat has declined considerably even before the IWC ban.