LaRoche plans to be in uniform and start Saturday

Unknøwn

Adam LaRoche plans to be in the Braves lineup when the face the Dodgers at Turner Field on Saturday afternoon. But first, the 29-year-old first baseman is going to have to get out of Baltimore.

After learning the Red Sox had traded him to the Braves on Friday afternoon, LaRoche planned to catch an 8 p.m. ET flight to Boston, pack his truck and then catch an early morning flight to Atlanta.

But things have became complicated when weather delayed his flight out of Baltimore for approximately three hours. Thus he's now scheduled to arrive in Boston around 1 a.m. and then return to the airport for his 8:30 a.m. flight to Atlanta.

"If Chipper (Jones) was a good teammate, he'd send his plane up here to get me," LaRoche said.

When told about his close friend's remark after Friday night's loss to the Dodgers, Chipper said, "Call him back, tell him to hold his breath and see how far that gets him."

While he certainly would have liked to have avoided this travel dilemma, LaRoche is looking forward to renewing acquaintances with Jones and the other Braves that were with him while he spent his first three Major League seasons (2004-2006) in Atlanta.

"It's going to be fun," LaRoche said. "It's nice to go back to somwhere that you're familiar with. I'm really looking forward to it. But I'd be also be lying if I told you I didn't love my experience in Boston. That was really a great week there."

After being traded by the Pirates to the Red Sox on July 22, LaRoche had the opportunity to renew acquaintances with his good friend John Smoltz. The two only had one opportunity to share a round of golf together.

"It's going to be fun," LaRoche said. "It's nice to go back to somwhere that you're familiar with. I'm really looking forward to it. But I'd be also be lying if I told you I didn't love my experience in Boston. That was really a great week there."

Kid's got a sense of humor.