TD- If your going to play hardball with Roddy

which im dead set against ..I think Roddy should be paid..and be a happy camper

You need to bring in a FA wr ..

Im not sure whats going on with Mavin Harrison case in Philly but give him a ring

even Justin McCareins or old *** Armani Tomer

I hope the trade of Laurent Robinson doesnt come back to bite us

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure whats going on with Mavin Harrison case in Philly but give him a ring

even Justin McCareins or old *** Armni Tomer

I completely agree

My bad swift I was just scanning, but hopefully by this time next weak we can be discussing something about JA98 beasting. He is entering his third year which is when experts say for some reason the lights turn on (probably because players know they might not get another shot if they don't put in the work).

My bad swift I was just scanning, but hopefully by this time next weak we can be discussing something about JA98 beasting. He is entering his third year which is when experts say for some reason the lights turn on (probably because players know they might not get another shot if they don't put in the work).

no problem man..Anderson has 3 players chomping on the bit to get on the field..Davis,Bierman and Sidbury ..if the kid doesnt come out of the blocks he should be looking over his back

Or atleast to the side because they will move him inside. He might just have to look forward and watch from the sidelines

not even sure with that ...I think inside the rotation with consistent of Lewis/Vance Walker at NT

and Babs and Jerry at UT ..Im sure Smith and Van Gorder will mix and match and even get Babs and Jerry on the field in passing situations .

Yeah definitely - it's in the best interests of everybody involved to get a deal done ASAP. No need to have a knee-jerk reaction and sign a big name FA WR over something little like this...

LAST RESORT :::

I wasnt say do this or even sign him . I was saying if these are the hardball tactics TD is playing to get some leverage on front office side..You leak it out that we are bringing in one of these guys and lets see how Roddy reacts to this and getting fined. Im hoping and praying it doesnt reach this point for both parties but from the looks of it they are not close on terms

even Justin McCareins or old *** Armani Tomer

you guys are such WIMPS!!!!!

this posturing and hold-outs and last offers - its all part of the GAME!!!!! You guys that say "pay him" and "pay him now" and "give him what he wants" - y'all would be terrible POKER players. Part of being a good GM is being a good poker player - a good bluffer, etc. The player's agents certainly know how to play the game. Well guess what? So do the Patriots, Eagles, Steelers and Chargers - and those teams are good year in and year out - they have good GMs that know how to find talent and how to not OVERPAY for that talent.

Look at the DeadSkins - they always overpay - what has there track record been lately? quit whining we will get Roddy and get him at a fair price........

RELAX!!!!

never understood, why a guy would hold out going into the last yr of his deal, alotttt of guys have held out, came in late and got hurt, and never became a factor, dont know man, but their are alot of unhappy wrs out there, but still they showed for camp, aka B Marshell

you guys are such WIMPS!!!!!

this posturing and hold-outs and last offers - its all part of the GAME!!!!! You guys that say "pay him" and "pay him now" and "give him what he wants" - y'all would be terrible POKER players. Part of being a good GM is being a good poker player - a good bluffer, etc. The player's agents certainly know how to play the game. Well guess what? So do the Patriots, Eagles, Steelers and Chargers - and those teams are good year in and year out - they have good GMs that know how to find talent and how to not OVERPAY for that talent.

Look at the DeadSkins - they always overpay - what has there track record been lately? quit whining we will get Roddy and get him at a fair price........

RELAX!!!!

gdawg- Im actually a good poker player

I agree to a extent and hear what you are saying..Look i even said if TD was smart he brings

in a free agent wr not to sign just for like show and tell to show Roddy the ball is still in front office court .

gdawg- Im actually a good poker player

I agree to a extent and hear what you are saying..Look i even said if TD was smart he brings

in a free agent wr not to sign just for like show and tell to show Roddy the ball is still in front office court .

the longer the holdout goes, the more pressure there will be on Roddy to get a deal done. My guess is this gets done in a week......in the meantime, other WRs will get more reps.

Falcons have the best front office, GM and coaches - they know what they are doing - everybody have a little faith. We have professionals running the Falcons now.

glad to hear you are a good poker player swift hitter - so act like it - this is poker! - j/k :rolleyes:

the longer the holdout goes, the more pressure there will be on Roddy to get a deal done. My guess is this gets done in a week......in the meantime, other WRs will get more reps.

Falcons have the best front office, GM and coaches - they know what they are doing - everybody have a little faith. We have professionals running the Falcons now.

glad to hear you are a good poker player swift hitter - so act like it - this is poker! - j/k :rolleyes:

worst case scenerio and things get ugly

Roddy does hold some leverage here . You think losing your #1 wr for a extent of time wouldnt hurt our chances at having back to back winning season you would have to be crazy . Roddy plays real hardball here with front office and is prepared to sit out games and possible the season if he doesnt get the deal he wants.. we finish at best 9-7

On the other hand g-dawg if he holds out and our WR's don't look good or god forbid get hurt, the FO will be more likely to give him a little more money.

great point

worst case scenerio and things get ugly

Roddy does hold some leverage here . You think losing your #1 wr for a extent of time wouldnt hurt our chances at having back to back winning season you would have to be crazy . Roddy plays real hardball here with front office and is prepared to sit out games and possible the season if he doesnt get the deal he wants.. we finish at best 9-7

great point

he won't hold out - the players always "bluff" that they hold out during the regular season- but when those game checks don't come in - they have a change of heart.

look swift hitter - this is common sense - think of it this way:

as it stands now:

$2.28 million this year (with no new contract)

$7.00 million in 2010 (RFA tag)

that is just under $10 million

Falcons offer:

4 years, $32 million with $17 million guaranteed

Roddy wants:

4 years, $36 million with $18 million guaranteed

OK - now Swifthitter imagine you are Roddy

if you take the Falcons offer you are guranteed $17 million the second you sign the deal versus $2.28 million or ZERO if you hold out - security for life.

if you reject the deal then you get either ZERO(holdout) or $2.28 million. So, while you are holding out getting ZERO to try and make $4 million more over 4 years ($1 milllion per season) - you give away security. Also, if Falcons don't succumb to Roddy's demands then you go into next year with no contract - you gave up $6 million more that you could have had in 2009 that you can NEVER GET BACK!!!! NEVER.

Also, remember that the injury factor looms large and Roddy and his agent know it - Roddy is 28 now I think so this is his one chance at a really good contract. If he gets injured - he is screwed.......think of it like playing the lottery - would you take $17 million guranteed with a chance to make $34 million or would you rather take $2 million with a chance to make $36 million? DUH!!!! :huh:

Roddy would be DUMB to holdout if a fair offer like my GUESS above is on the table. Ths seems like common sense to me. Play the ODDS mr. poker player :)

Gdawg - Now im going to look at it from Roddy standpoint since you are looking it as the Falcons.

Im sitting out to I get what I feel is top tier wr money even though I might not be there yet im close to that level. I made the pro bowl this past season . I plan to take this hold out the distance and Im not worried about money cause I have some saved up so I look at it like this..Fine me do what you got to do Falcons front office im not budging from my contract demands..since you think im bluffing call me

These were your example what your offering- those just been raise from my view

Falcons offer:

4 years, $32 million with $17 million guaranteed

Roddy wants:

4 years, $38 million with $19 million guaranteed

T.J. Houshmandzadeh - got 5 years 40 mil....and he is not the wr i am..

chances are a new CBA is reached and I will be a UFA ...Ill make up the money i lost this year by sitting out in my contract demands from a new team..**** I see if the Redskins need me and Daniel Sydner