The player rep for veteran LB Jamie Winborn denies, through Profootballtalk.com, that his client has signed with the Falcons.

atljbo

Link

Jamie Winborn not a Falcon, yet

Posted by Mike Florio on July 31, 2009 2:57 PM ET

We noticed yesterday a report that the Falcons have signed veteran linebacker Jamie Winborn.

Winborn's agent tells us that the report isn't accurate.

"Jamie Winborn has not signed with the Falcons and is still available," agent Jason Flecther told us Friday afternoon.

Fletcher previously said that Winborn, who started eleven games for the Broncos last year, has drawn interest from five teams.

Veteran LB Jamie Winborn remains a free agent, but his agent, Jason Fletcher, told Scout.com Friday that he's still in communication with the Atlanta Falcons.

"Jamie passed Atlanta's physical, but after reviewing the contact, I felt we still needed to iron out some of the language. We're still talking to the Falcons about Jamie continuing his career with them this season," Fletcher said.

Winborn, if he signs with the Falcons, would likely compete for playing time on the strong-side, but the versatile defense is capable of playing all three positions at linebacker.

Dunno, we're pretty deep.

WLB- Peterson, Adkins, James

MLB- Lofton, Gilbert(?)

SLB- Nicholas, Wire

We got players, yeah. But Adkins and James are both rooks (James was on IR so basically), and idk anything bout our backup MLB(correct me if Gilbert aint his name) so they might pick him up for that reason and his versatility to play all 3 spots. I'd take him over MLB whatzhisface now.