Roddy White News

Just heard interview that V103 did with owner Arthur Blank. The interviewer acknowledged that Mr. Blank is known for rewarding his hardworking players. Then they asked Aurthur Blank if he expects Roddy White to hold out. Aurthur Blank said No. He also mentioned that Roddy had given no indication that he would hold out. Although A.Blank did not say if an extension would be done soon, however he indicated that he was very pleased with Roddy's production on the field, his work ethic, and attitude. I'm no mind reader, but i got the sense that Authur Blank will take care of business in regards to Roddy White. I'll try to provide a link later.

So can all this stop now

I blame this on D. Ledbetter...he started all this with his stupid uninformative column by suggesting it with his headline. There were never any sort of hints of a holdout from Roddy, his agent, TD, Smitty or Blank. All he did was start some gossip and empty speculation to garner attention.

I can't stand that sort of journalism...it's lazy and should be reserved for the tabloids and NYPost... :angry:

Cool.

I wish it was TD saying these things though.

AB demonstrated last season that he is just a check signer now (thankfully and rightfully).

But maybe TD told the boss what was up and AB is just regurgitating it for the interview.

Here's hoping!

TD has said something very similar in articles printed in the AJC and other places. TD and AB are all about rewarding players that work hard, produce and keep their noses clean.

I blame this on D. Ledbetter...he started all this with his stupid uninformative column by suggesting it with his headline. There were never any sort of hints of a holdout from Roddy, his agent, TD, Smitty or Blank. All he did was start some gossip and empty speculation to garner attention.

I can't stand that sort of journalism...it's lazy and should be reserved for the tabloids and NYPost... :angry:

I agree man. It sucks that all of us took the bait and got into arguments over this

Exactly, Bullitt, it was never written anywhere that he would hold out. Roddy or any Falcons personnel were quoted saying such things. I never for a moment really thought Roddy would hold out, even though I would understand if he choose to for a short period to prove a point.

You are not lying. Didn't D-Led start the McClure and Abe rumors too based of nothing more than speculation? The guy should be fired for this BS.

Yep, seemingly just to get interviews with the players. I will not believe any rumor that Ledbetter reports ever again. Just like Mort.

I agree man. It sucks that all of us took the bait and got into arguments over this

I mean seriously homie... we ALL knew that Roddy wanted a new contract...we ALL knew that the TD and FO were open to discussing the possibility of renegotiating before the original expired...and here comes D. Led's worthless arse with his "Contract talks slow, Roddy may consider holdout" mess...

Lest we forget, he pulled this same ish with John Abraham during mini-camp?? John, nor his agent, ever hinted at a holdout for a new deal...yet here comes D. Led's sorry arse bringing up this same exact non-issue then...

By the way, does he or any of his editors ever proof-read his stuff...I've 3rd graders write better paragraphs...