Concerns from a Newb awaiting activation

Jaymadd

I am doing a newb a favor that Pm'd me with a question ;)

I just want your take on things: fans obviously see we are kind of short at the CB position and we face a lot of tall WRs this year and common sense would see this as a problem. But I am actually more calm about the situation because we have about five guys on our training camp roster that are 6'2'' and taller to practice against all camp and preseason until the rosters are cut to 53. Don't you think this will at least help us get used to covering taller WRs and how we will adjust to it. I don't see a problem with Houston being our number seeing how he handled the Fitzgerald situation in the playoffs (yea he still had a heck of a game but vs ATL he had his worst game with only 101 yds on 6 recs). A lot of confidence and a strong d-line helps CBs out tremendously. Wouldn't you guys agree?

Thanks a lot. it could be a new thread or whatever just tell me where you post it

What is with the big deal about height on corners? They don't get that tall, and even the taller ones get schooled all day long. I'd take the quick and short corner who can stop the YAC.

And I'm not too worried about the corner situation. We are stacked with young talent, and I'm sure the coaching staff is making sure they have some sort of backup if they don't think that they can handle the taller WR's.

What is with the big deal about height on corners? They don't get that tall, and even the taller ones get schooled all day long. I'd take the quick and short corner who can stop the YAC.

And I'm not too worried about the corner situation. We are stacked with young talent, and I'm sure the coaching staff is making sure they have some sort of backup if they don't think that they can handle the taller WR's.

Thank you spork for answering the question unlike Dem Birds <_<:D

Now-a-days the averrage corner height is 5'9". lol there is no such thing as a small corner anymore

x2.

If you guys saw preseason last year, Grimes vertical leap more than made up for his lack of height. He had a bad game against Moose (a 10 year vet.) and all of the sudden he's too small to play in the NFL.

There has been many many very good corners that were very short. I am not concerned and most our corners are 5'10" anyway. I read that the average NFL corner is 5'10 1/2 inches. Not that big of a difference. The important thing is there speed strength and leaping ability accompanied with good solid technique. I think all our guys have most of those qualities and working on technique. Grimes needs to work on his strength. Houston needs to work on his technique so he can turn his head and play the ball ore. He'd have a ton of picks if he gets it down because he is normally between the QB and receiver where he is supposed to be.