And while we're talkin' Roddy....

...I think the Falcons should re-work Abraham's contract as well. Might as well be proactive and head off any drama either during the season or after (not that there'll be any; I'm just sayin'...) Besides, the guy deserves it. His numbers speak for themselves, and with virtually NO HELP from "Mr. Invisible" himself (JA98.)

What do you guys think?

...I think the Falcons should re-work Abraham's contract as well. Might as well be proactive and head off any drama either during the season or after (not that there'll be any; I'm just sayin'...) Besides, the guy deserves it. His numbers speak for themselves, and with virtually NO HELP from "Mr. Invisible" himself (JA98.)

What do you guys think?

You know I agree!!

I think they should review it at the very least - determine if it needs to be reworked and keep an open mind. Those who said Abe wasn't all-pro last year - well, maybe not, but he played like one. He gave 110% in every game. The coaches decide how to use him and when - he gives that effort when they do. He deserves to be treated as a number one pass rusher. Believe it or not - all 32 teams do not have someone of his caliber on the D.

Abe definitely got hosed on the All Pro voting. I would not be opposed to giving him a little bump, maybe throw in some incentive numbers for this year. That way, if other players contribute as they should, Abe should see some positive results in his stats, and be rewarded justly.

HECK NO. Abe has a fine contract and is being compensated appropriately. He's getting very good money to play DE on 60% of snaps. He can give me a friggin break. This is nonsense. I could see if hew as getting paid like Roddy White and playing on that level, but guess what, he isn't. He's being compensated like an All-Pro Pass rusher (which he wasn't last season) and he needs to just strap it on and get out there an play and focus on staying healthy. Those nagging injuries that slowed him down really hampered him last year.

^

THIS

Abe is 31, and is what, starting his 4th year on a 6yr/45 million dollar contract?

7.5 mil a season for 50-65% of snaps? I'd say he is compensated just about right.

HECK NO. Abe has a fine contract and is being compensated appropriately. He's getting very good money to play DE on 60% of snaps. He can give me a friggin break. This is nonsense. I could see if hew as getting paid like Roddy White and playing on that level, but guess what, he isn't. He's being compensated like an All-Pro Pass rusher (which he wasn't last season) and he needs to just strap it on and get out there an play and focus on staying healthy. Those nagging injuries that slowed him down really hampered him last year.

16.5 sacks=hampered?

I dont care if he plays 5 plays the whole game. If in those 5 plays he gets 3 sacks and 2 QB hurries/knockdowns, then he's worth it.

Quality > quanity.

I don't think he should get some long extension or anything, but I think if we throw him a bone, and have a few performance incentives for games played and sacks and such, it could be beneficial for both sides. Our defense is far superior in games he plays, and I think it would make him happy if we payed him out an extra million or two if he has 10+ sacks seasons. Plus we wouldn't have to worry about dishing out a big chunk of guaranteed money to an aging DE. You know, the reason we let Kerney walk.

By Gawd that did it!

Abe has proved his worth since the day we signed him.

White was a Slacker his first 2 seasons and now that he has given us

2 decent seasons we hear all this whining. SCREW THAT.

He can wait his turn in line like everybody else.

By that I mean that we have some dead weight on our Cap (YKW)

that needs to clear out first. PERIOD.

If Abe wants an extension GIVE IT, He EARNED IT.

White needs to STFU and EARN IT THIS YEAR.

If he HOLDS OUT BURNem and TRADEem.

Problem?

post-183816-1249069401_thumb.jpg

By Gawd that did it!

Problem?

Nah man.... we're cool..... :huh:

$%# it, i say raises for everyone. we need to give roddy his 10 mil a year, and abraham too. mclure needs a raise and clabo and dahl should get 5 mil a year. norwood should get a raise to 4 or 5 mil a year. how much cap space does that leave? if there is any money left, just divide by eight and give an equal portion to the rookies that just signed because you know we low balled them. also lets double ticket prices because thats the only way we can double everyones salary. why is your name bankerbird?

By Gawd that did it!

Problem?

:ph34r: