Who should start opposite of Houston?

Top Flight

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking Grimes, or possibly Hutchinson, to start the season and Owens in spurts until he get's up to speed. From what I've heard they like Jackson at NB, which they consider a starting position, so he will likely take most of his snaps there.

I would start Chevis opposite Houston due to him having some game experience and that this is his second year in the system.

I would say Grimes, but after seeing him get beat up in that Carolina game last year...

My long term hopeful would be Owens. He's our other starter of the future at CB.

Whomever plays the best in pre-season.

I'm always surprised Grimes isn't mention more on the boards, I thought he played pretty solid considering we had a non-existent pass rush (outside of Abe).

I doubt Owens will be ready yet; however, we will see.

For now, I say Grimes.

I'm always surprised Grimes isn't mention more on the boards, I thought he played pretty solid considering we had a non-existent pass rush (outside of Abe).

For now, I say Grimes.

actually owens has great anticipation. you will be amazed how good owens actually is......YouTube him and watch. B)

Opening day Houston and Owens

For now, I say Grimes.

After Foxworth got up to speed I rarely saw Grimes on the field.... and when I did he was getting pushed around like a kid.

On a running play does Grimes get involved or blocked out of the play?

For now, I say Grimes.

i say von then chevis then owens

then when or if jackson out plays von then swap them

remember our defense plays zone mostly von is a vet might get a few pics

Dont sleep on Owens, he has great ball skills, very physical player and has good recovery speed, so Owens is my favorite, and with an improved front 7 we may have a little flexibility allowing for us to give Owens and on the job experience, like we did with Lofton at MLB.

i think they want to keep jackson in the slot otherwise i'd say him. i'd like hutch or owens to get the #1 spot though. i'm sorry i like grimes, i just don't think he has the size or quite the talent to be a #1 corner for us. i went back and re-watched the zona game from 07 that everyone was ranting and raving about and he got eaten alive that game. yeah it was fitz and boldin but everytime zona needed a first they looked his way. his 11 tackle stat was a product of him making so many tackles from giving up so many catches.

idk, i think he's a preseason warrior. if he proves me wrong, wins the 1 and performs well, great i'll take it all back but he worries me. i'm going to root for the guy regardless though.

After Foxworth got up to speed I rarely saw Grimes on the field.... and when I did he was getting pushed around like a kid.

He makes a few plays he is not going to be a force against the run but he will make the attempt to get involved.

i think they want to keep jackson in the slot otherwise i'd say him. i'd like hutch or owens to get the #1 spot though. i'm sorry i like grimes, i just don't think he has the size or quite the talent to be a #1 corner for us. i went back and re-watched the zona game from 07 that everyone was ranting and raving about and he got eaten alive that game. yeah it was fitz and boldin but everytime zona needed a first they looked his way. his 11 tackle stat was a product of him making so many tackles from giving up so many catches.

idk, i think he's a preseason warrior. if he proves me wrong, wins the 1 and performs well, great i'll take it all back but he worries me. i'm going to root for the guy regardless though.

yeah i think that Jackson will stay at the Nickel spot, but he may have gotten a little faster with the decrease in weight which might help his run at the Starting spot, but I agree with you about Grimes, he will make a good Nickel/Dime back though. Boss what are your thoughts on Chris Houston.

Remember Grimes got banged up (knee & ankle), and yes, I think we would have all liked to have had Foxworth back; however, I'm glad we didn't doll out that big Free Agent money he got.

I'm not saying Grimes is a long-term answer, but I'm not sold on Jackson as the starter and Owens is an untested 3rd round rookie.... but that's why we have a pre-season. I can't wait to see all our young corners duke it out! :)

Dont sleep on Owens, he has great ball skills, very physical player and has good recovery speed, so Owens is my favorite, and with an improved front 7 we may have a little flexibility allowing for us to give Owens and on the job experience, like we did with Lofton at MLB.

yea i aint sleeping on him but von is bigger and experience

you know mike smith all about earning the job it will be a hard fight

and if von is not clearly better than ownes and or jackson then he's gone he cant be less than or equal to them cuz you know we aint gone keep him

I'm hoping for Jackson to start opposite Houston and if Houston can't learn to turn his head Owens takes his spot...

YESSSSSS!!!!! OMG i thought i was the only person that notices that....Houston NEVER turns his head toward the ball to make a play. Swat the ball, get a pick, do something!!!! TURN YOUR HEAD BOY!!!!!!!! :angry:

yea i aint sleeping on him but von is bigger and experience

you know mike smith all about earning the job it will be a hard fight

and if von is not clearly better than ownes and or jackson then he's gone he cant be less than or equal to them cuz you know we aint gone keep him

As of OTA' s Von was not at 100%, and he was signed to play Nickel

YESSSSSS!!!!! OMG i thought i was the only person that notices that....Houston NEVER turns his head toward the ball to make a play. Swat the ball, get a pick, do something!!!! TURN YOUR HEAD BOY!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think that everyone notices it, knows it, especially the opposing offenses, but it is kind of hush, hush around these parts. :D