Jerry Signed

jmike811

FLOWERY BRANCH, GA – The Atlanta Falcons today signed first round draft pick (24th overall) defensive tackle Peria (pur-ray) Jerry. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Jerry, 6-2, 294 pounds, graduated from Ole Miss and totaled 132 tackles (79 solo), 11.5 sacks, 33.0 tackles for loss, three passes defensed, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one interception in his collegiate career. He also recorded his first career touchdown on a 13-yard fumble return against Vanderbilt in 2008. For his efforts as a senior team captain last season, Jerry was named a first-team All-America selection by the Associated Press and ESPN. He finished the year ranked first in the SEC in tackles for loss (18.0), fifth in quarterback sacks (7.0) and tied for sixth in forced fumbles (two). A consensus first-team All-SEC selection, Jerry also helped the Rebel defense rank second in the conference and fourth in the nation in rush defense (85.5 ypg.) in 2008. He also received the 2008 Most Dedicated Player of the Year Award from the Ole Miss Alumni Association.

Following the inking of Jerry, the Falcons now enter training camp with all eight 2009 NFL Draft selections signed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job front office getting the draft class signed in time for camp. I think now Roddy will come to camp because he will get all the attention and know he can get this resolved before the season. If Jerry was a holdout I don't think Roddy would got the best for him and the team.

Favre: Hey, Bus - I'm staying retired

Cook: Dam! We, errr.... you could have made a lot of cash this year

Favre: Well, if someone gets hurt during the season, maybe I'll un-retire, we'll see.

Cook: Okay, Brett, well, thanks for calling.........................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

........................ Wait! Dammitt! I totally forgot about Perry Jeria, or whatever his name is. Guess I better get out the calculator and give Dimitroff a call.

:D:D

I find it funny that some feel like PeriaJerry cant play NT in our attacking style D........ The guy played NT for Ole Miss which reside in the SEC ... That means he faced some of the best Lineman in the nation........ The guy consistently put BIG 6'7 360lbs Herman Johnson on his back and consistently beat Eric Wood (1st round C/G) at the senior bowl.

I'm really excited about our D

I find it funny that some feel like PeriaJerry cant play NT in our attacking style D........ The guy played NT for Ole Miss which reside in the SEC ... That means he faced some of the best Lineman in the nation........ The guy consistently put BIG 6'7 360lbs Herman Johnson on his back and consistently beat Eric Wood (1st round C/G) at the senior bowl.

I'm really excited about our D

Evidently, they didn't see him owning just about every offensive lineman in his Senior Bowl practices. He made those guys look silly.