White House 'Beer Summit' Becomes Something of a Brouhaha

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound like a snob.. But am I the only one that feels that they have outgrown their country? Just watching the news and listening to politicians lately I feel that I'm either smarter or just flat out better than the majority in this nation. I'm too good to be an American at this point. There has to be a country out there for grownups to build and live in a civilization.. Sad to say our brave men and women are probably wasting their time overseas. We aren't worth the effort.

:lol::lol::lol:

And Blue Moon >>>>>>>>>>>>

Not to sound like a snob.. But am I the only one that feels that they have outgrown their country? Just watching the news and listening to politicians lately I feel that I'm either smarter or just flat out better than the majority in this nation. I'm too good to be an American at this point. There has to be a country out there for grownups to build and live in a civilization.. Sad to say our brave men and women are probably wasting their time overseas. We aren't worth the effort.

You sound like sad human being.

What if they they all sit down and Obama pulls out a knife and shotguns one right there. I would laugh my *** off.

LOL! That would be awesome. I would probably cry I'd be laughing so hard.

Yea he would have to only put two down per person. After that the conversation would either escalate or break out into song.

Or it would deviate into any number of other things that they weren't there to talk about. Religion, footballl, breasts.

I felt the same way......after the last election.

Calm down and realize that no one is as bright, clever, and above it all as they believe themselves to be, sadly this includes you, and sadder still, me.

AP - 7/30/2009

Washington, D.C.

After 6 hours of intense deliberation, President Obama, Sgt. Crowley and Henry Gates reached an accord. The three men met in the White House to discuss Mr. Gates' arrest, and subsequent media storm, over a couple beers. There was a tense moment a couple hours into the meeting when Mr. Gates told officer Crowley "I swear to drunk I'm not God!," but the tension was alleviated by the President, who wisely chose that moment to fall out of his chair while trying to get up. After deciding that they were all going to quit their jobs and open up a bar, the meeting ended with President Obama telling both men, repeatedly, "seriously. I love you man. This is me. Seriously man."

I felt the same way......after the last election.

Calm down and realize that no one is as bright, clever, and above it all as they believe themselves to be, sadly this includes you, and sadder still, me.

are we allowed to consider ourselves brighter and more clever than makkdaddy?

AP - 7/30/2009

Washington, D.C.

After 6 hours of intense deliberation, President Obama, Sgt. Crowley and Henry Gates reached an accord. The three men met in the White House to discuss Mr. Gates' arrest, and subsequent media storm, over a couple beers. There was a tense moment a couple hours into the meeting when Mr. Gates told officer Crowley "I swear to drunk I'm not God!," but the tension was alleviated by the President, who wisely chose that moment to fall out of his chair while trying to get up. After deciding that they were all going to quit their jobs and open up a bar, the meeting ended with President Obama telling both men, repeatedly, "seriously. I love you man. This is me. Seriously man."

LOL! Too bad he didn't ask for a group of hug. That would have been perfect

AP - 7/30/2009

Washington, D.C.

:lol:

If you have to "flavor" your beer after final fermentation, then there is something wrong with the beer.

In traditional well made German wheats, it's not uncommon to add a slice of lemon when you pour it in a glass. I think it's more intent. If you're adding citrus to help enhance the flavor it's one thing. If you're adding fruit to cover up the flavor, it's a whole different story.

I love me some good beer, but even without the lobbyists factored in, it makes sense to choose a "normal" everyday beer like Bud Light. If he chooses some microbrew or something no one has heard of, he'll just be looked at as elitist by all the yahoos in the media. They would probably react that way if he chose anything other than miller, bud, or coors. Even if it was just sam adams.

I don't get the people who act like the bud lights and coors lights of the world are horse piss either. Yeah, it tastes like water, and yes, there are far better tasting beers out there. But sometimes people just wanna get drunk and don't give a crap.

I love me some good beer, but even without the lobbyists factored in, it makes sense to choose a "normal" everyday beer like Bud Light. If he chooses some microbrew or something no one has heard of, he'll just be looked at as elitist by all the yahoos in the media. They would probably react that way if he chose anything other than miller, bud, or coors. Even if it was just sam adams.

I don't get the people who act like the bud lights and coors lights of the world are horse piss either. Yeah, it tastes like water, and yes, there are far better tasting beers out there. But sometimes people just wanna get drunk and don't give a crap.

That's a spurious notion. Most people do give a crap. They just don't know there is better beer available. The huge marketing machine of the large brewers assure that most people will be happy with whatever dominates the shelf space of their local grocery store or package store. The more shelf space a brewer has, the more likely they are to control what we get to purchase. Everyone one of my beer snob friends started out as macro beer drinkers. It took someone else to get us to try one of the other brands. I was certain dark beer was bitter, strong and awful. Once I tried an Anchor Porter, I realized there was a lot more to beer than just getting wasted. There maybe a few who only want to get drunk, but those people tend to drink vodka mixed with a sweet, fruity substance. It's the mega brewers that have us tricked in to drinking large quantities. The more they sell, the more they make. Thus the pale, light and fizzy beers sold in 30 packs. As consumers, we deserve a better selection. Imagine if we only had a few different cars to choose from when we wanted a new car.......

That's a spurious notion. Most people do give a crap. They just don't know there is better beer available. The huge marketing machine of the large brewers assure that most people will be happy with whatever dominates the shelf space of their local grocery store or package store. The more shelf space a brewer has, the more likely they are to control what we get to purchase. Everyone one of my beer snob friends started out as macro beer drinkers. It took someone else to get us to try one of the other brands. I was certain dark beer was bitter, strong and awful. Once I tried an Anchor Porter, I realized there was a lot more to beer than just getting wasted. There maybe a few who only want to get drunk, but those people tend to drink vodka mixed with a sweet, fruity substance. It's the mega brewers that have us tricked in to drinking large quantities. The more they sell, the more they make. Thus the pale, light and fizzy beers sold in 30 packs. As consumers, we deserve a better selection. Imagine if we only had a few different cars to choose from when we wanted a new car.......

I agree....but I never want to slam a porter after cutting the lawn.

True, but I think what he's going after is you don't have to slam a porter. There are tons of other well made lagers and pilsners that are easier to drink fast that don't get attention cause of the big 3.

There definitely are. I like tire bite from the flying dog brewery after yard work...and there is always good 'ol rolling rock.