Anybody talking about trading/not resigning Roddy....STFU

WoTFan

You don't just replace a top 10 reciever. No matter how good your offense is, you just don't. Where were the Giants last year when Plax shot himself? Oh, yeah they just plugged a new guy in right? Everything went smoothly?

Yeah, no.

Its the stupidiest thing I've ever heard and it boggles my mind.

not resigning Roddy will hurt this franchise just as bad as letting Deion walk

I agree. He might be the most talented Falcon receiver ever and it took us years to finally get a 1,000 receiver and people want to trade him as soon as it's his time to sign his big deal. As Ocho Cinco would say, Child Please.

So Roddy isn't a top 10 WR?

Is that a joke?

i think you misunderstood. im saying we could replace him.... easily. i want us to resign him but it's just going to be a molehill if we don't, even though you guys act like we're going to be climbing mount everest without him.

i think you misunderstood. im saying we could replace him.... easily. i want us to resign him but it's just going to be a molehill if we don't, even though you guys act like we're going to be climbing mount everest without him.

Uh, no. You don't replace a star receiver just like that. Receivers like him just don't grow on trees. Half the league would love to have him. The other half would, but they already have a #1 receiver.

The fact is that not everyone has a #1 receiver. If you find one you keep him.

Don't get me wrong, I want to resign Roddy, but imo he still makes too many crucial drops to be paid top 5 money. But if push comes to shove and that's what it takes to keep him around then pay the man.

Skillet hands became our best receiver. We suffered through 2 years of bad play from him and now that he has come into his own people want to get rid of him.... He deserves to reap the rewards and so do we after going through the hard times with him. This is what i posted in a previous post but Boss is right in saying he still has some growing to do. If he played like he did his first 2 years we wouldn't be able to pay him less. I want him to stay I am just not sure if we should wait untill next year or do it now.

The most important thing is chemistry and he has been through the tough times as well. Matt loves throwing to him so if he says spend the money then spend it and lets move on.

You don't just replace a top 10 reciever. No matter how good your offense is, you just don't. Where were the Giants last year when Plax shot himself? Oh, yeah they just plugged a new guy in right? Everything went smoothly?

Yeah, no.

Its the stupidiest thing I've ever heard and it boggles my mind.

I agree 100% We have to accept the fact that some people on this board are ******** and have ZERO football knowledge! Like that one guy that said trade him to the Ravens? WHAT!???? So we trade away a true #1 WR (Which more than half teams in the NFL DO NOT have) for a future 1st rounder? So he suggested that we gamble that getting a late first round pick from the Ravens will allow us to draft a rookie WR that will emerge as our next #1 WR? People dont realize that WR's take 3 years to develop, Roddy and Jenk are perfect examples. Yet some people want to let our #1 go and plug in who? We would be screwed this year, and that would be a huge dis-service to Matt Ryan. Some people need not to post anything at all....

this is a contract year for him. lets just see how he performs this year. or at least till mid season. he did kind of fall off at the end of the season last season until the playoffs..............well at least in the TD department.

No, right now it's not a contract year for him. Next year will be. We have time, people.

Explain.

Last I checked, unless you have someone like Reggie Wayne in the wings, you just don't go out and replace a Top 10 NFL WR with the kind of chemistry he has with Ryan with any good WR. Look at how long it has been since we had a true #1, and people seem to be jumping at the first chance they can get to get rid of the guy.