During contract negotiations.......

tone357

I wonder if the team cuts the draft picks a nice check so that they can begin getting their homes in order while negotiations are underway. Anybody know for sure?

I doubt the teams do, but I would imagine the agent would do something like that, or arrange for some sort of credit line or financing to let these guys get their lives started.

I doubt the teams do, but I would imagine the agent would do something like that, or arrange for some sort of credit line or financing to let these guys get their lives started.

They do,,,,Most of the time they give them anything they want...but with that comes FEES....and the bank gives you a couple million and their eyes turn to money signs and they go through with it....but in the fine print they have to pay the bank back $80,000 in fees alone....Just like them payday advances these business do.....FEES ARE REALLY HIGH

They do,,,,Most of the time they give them anything they want...but with that comes FEES....and the bank gives you a couple million and their eyes turn to money signs and they go through with it....but in the fine print they have to pay the bank back $80,000 in fees alone....Just like them payday advances these business do.....FEES ARE REALLY HIGH

When I worked (briefly) for a plaintiffs law firm that did personal injury cases, I saw so many people take their 20K checks to payday advance places and come out with far less. It made me angry that there wasn't someone out there to teach people about their rights as a consumer. Open a free savings account and make that money earn something! If you are an athlete, negotiate with a bank for a reasonable credit line, and be prudent. Some people are either short sighted, or uneducated. Sad...