Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joremarid

Vick sweepstakes: One day and, so far, no takers

Click for article

according to the article it doesn't seem many teams are interested in signing vick. so far only one team, baltimore, has even admitted to evaluating him, although denver seems like they might be interested. mcdaniel's is desperate in denver so he may make a move there.

either way, vick may be better off taking the million dollars the ufl is offering. it will give him a chance to show what he has and that he can stay out of trouble.

Vikings not interested in Vick - Access Vikings Article

there goes another team that i had on my short list of possible places vick may go.

Redskins not interested either - FoxNews Article

The UFL is looking better every day.

It's really bad when Dan Snyder doesn't want you. And it should really be heartbreaking to know the Vikings will keep what they have over you.

He should go to the UFL, let the heat blow over a bit and try the NFL again in 2010 or late 2009.

Yep, especially if he wants to play QB ... nobody will take him as potential QB after 2 years away from pro football. Haslett would let him play for sure and if he plays well, he can still get a job once the UFL season is over ... if he doesn't, he earned more money than he would've as bench-warmer in the NFL.

Yep, especially if he wants to play QB ... nobody will take him as potential QB after 2 years away from pro football. Haslett would let him play for sure and if he plays well, he can still get a job once the UFL season is over ... if he doesn't, he earned more money than he would've as bench-warmer in the NFL.

Or "working" as a construction worker. What may be interesting is if the Bankruptcy Court suggests Vick take a UFL job if nothing comes out of the NFL before his next hearing. I know when you're collecting things like unemployment you MUST take a job if it is offered to you under certain circumstances I wonder if the Court could order Vick to do the same here.

What he was convicted for aside, the man had to admit to hanging a dog in his statement of facts the day he was sentenced. The electrocuting, drowning and body-slamming to death of the others was at a minimum under his direction. Try selling that sociopath to your multi million dollar sponsors, and the portion of your fan-base with an ounce of decency.

What he was convicted for aside, the man had to admit to hanging a dog in his statement of facts the day he was sentenced, The electrocuting, drowning and body-slamming to death of the others was at a minimum under his direction. Try selling that sociopath to your multi million dollar sponsors, and the portion of your fan-base with an ounce of decency.

Well try selling that to the OWNERS of NFL teams.. I've heard that the Pats owners are very hesitant to even look at Vick because of what he admitted to doing.

Dan Patrick Show

This is what i have been saying all along. I'm sure every NFL team that had any interest at all hired a marketing firm to evaluate vick's economic impact and the results are obvious. He might be "unofficially blackballed" by all NFL teams as a economic liability.

Vick says he is close to signing with a team - ESPN

vick says he is close to signing with a team but doesn't specify who, or if it is even which league he will play in.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) - Michael Vick says he is getting close to signing with a team but had no other details for reporters after a bankruptcy hearing in Virginia.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally reinstated Vick on Monday, a week after the former Atlanta Falcons star completed his 23-month sentence for running a dogfighting ring. Vick is free to sign with a team and could be playing in the NFL by week six.

On Thursday, Vick was at a hearing on his bankruptcy case. Reporters asked him as he left court if he was making any progress on signing with a professional team.

Vick said "We're getting close" but didn't specify if he meant the NFL and declined to provide any other details.

Where does it say anything about a team

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) - Michael Vick says he is getting close to signing with a team but had no other details for reporters after a bankruptcy hearing in Virginia.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally reinstated Vick on Monday, a week after the former Atlanta Falcons star completed his 23-month sentence for running a dogfighting ring. Vick is free to sign with a team and could be playing in the NFL by week six.

On Thursday, Vick was at a hearing on his bankruptcy case. Reporters asked him as he left court if he was making any progress on signing with a professional team.

Vick said "We're getting close" but didn't specify if he meant the NFL and declined to provide any other details.

Where does it say anything about a team

the last two sentences. he was asked if he was making any progress on signing with a professional team his reply was that they were getting close

the last two sentences. he was asked if he was making any progress on signing with a professional team his reply was that they were getting close

Well try selling that to the OWNERS of NFL teams.. I've heard that the Pats owners are very hesitant to even look at Vick because of what he admitted to doing.

Yeah, I've heard Mrs Kraft is an animal lover/activist.... and apparently if she doesn't sign off on the idea it's not going to happen.

And let's be real about this. Signing Vick will be a PR nightmare... in the beginning at the very least.

We just get to worry about football.

The team that signs him needs to worry about PETA nutbags getting into it with football fans during training camp.... in which case EVERYONE will try and sue the team and NFL for creating an unsafe environment. PETA wants this. It's more pub for them.

I personally believe that was the reason Vick was suspended before traning camp ever began. If he would have been in camp something would have happened with the fans and protestors.... and if that happened the NFL, Team, and team owner is getting sued...

right... no one is claiming he said NFL team. you asked "where does it say anything about a team"?

if you look in my original post you will see that i even brought up that he didn't say it was necessarily a NFL team.

right... no one is claiming he said NFL team. you asked "where does it say anything about a team"?

if you look in my original post you will see that i even brought up that he didn't say it was necessarily a NFL team.

Like another guy said, it could be a strategic move to garner interest from teams lurking out there.

Like another guy said, it could be a strategic move to garner interest from teams lurking out there.

it could be. if he doens't get signed quick by a NFL team who isn't set at qb i still think he should go to the UFL so he can showcase what he has. Not going to impress many people sitting behind tom brady on the bench.

Come on joremari, you know better than to call it a 'sweepstakes' - that word is reserved for something that someone wants to win... :P

But anyway - I do think Michael Vick will get his shot in the NFL this year. When I don't know - which team I don't know - but he will. No one is denying the talent he has - he could help teams (if he hasn't lost anything over the last two years).

I don't think he will be a starting QB in the NFL this year - at least not by plan . He may have the opportunity if the team he's on has an injury situation.

But the fact that Tony Dungy is firmly in his camp is only going to help his cause. I'm glad he has a man like that in his corner. It's up to him to listen and learn from him - time will tell if he does. I believe in second chances and, believe it or not, I hope the Vick story has a good ending....

Scratch the Vikings!

Repeat after me: Vick isn't headed to Minnesota

July 30, 2009 6:04 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

MANKATO, Minn. -- I laid out my reasoning Wednesday for why Minnesota wouldn't be interested in free agent quarterback Michael Vick. Not all of you liked me after that post, but I was just telling you how I thought the Vikings would approach it.

I can tell now tell you the Vikings agree. Owner Zygi Wilf and coach Brad Childress both said the team isn't pursuing Vick. Childress said he is prepared to go through training camp with the three quarterbacks currently on his roster: Tarvaris Jackson, Sage Rosenfels and John David Booty.

Hopefully this will be the end of the Minnesota-Vick discussion. Whether he would be a good fit for the Vikings is one issue, but the most relevant issue is that they're not going to sign him.