Lets see what Dolphins fans think

atljbo

Link

Abraham Vs Long should be interesting Jake might struggle a bit with his speed...but Id imagine we will run at him a lot and when that happens your going to think Abraham is wearing skates.
i'll be there to see miami win a close game! good luck for the rest of the season, but this game is ours!

p.s. are you guys ever gonna bring back the dirty bird?

Jake dominated younger and better pass rushers last year, I'm not worried about Abraham.
I'll be there and Fins 27 - 10
(A Jets fan)

My prediction: Atlanta wins 34-13

Too much offense. Michael the burner Turner, Matty Ice, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Jerious Norwood, Tony Gonzalez, and a great OLine. Too many weapons.

I honestly couldn't have less of a concern over Jake Long vs. John Abraham.

I'm not trying to be a homer or open this up to smack, but I really think we're going to lay a thumping on the Falcons. I think Ronnie will run all over you guys, I think Chad will have his way, and I think Matt Ryan is going to see a complex quarters defense that will have him second guessing his decisions all day.

I haven't been more confident for an opening day in quite a while.

I think it'll be interesting to see Chris Clemons thoughts on Matt Ryan because Clemons faced Ryan the last three years and they ran the Quarters defense at Clemson. Here's Ryan's numbers against Clemson the last three years, by the way.

2005 - 24/42, 221 yards, 57 completion %, 0 TD's / 2 INT's

2006 - 22/38, 212 yards, 57.9 completion %, 1 TD / 0 INT's

2007 - 31/47, 312 yards, 66% completion &, 1 TD / 1 INT

As you can see, he's gotten better each time he's faced it.

EDIT: Also, I also recall USC running the Quarters quite often so Sam Baker has seen it. Now its a matter of figuring out if he identifies any things that look similar to him when he sees it again week one.

Jamaal Anderson is never going to be an elite (or even very good player) in this league. I know the guy personally from our time at the U of A and just from his attitude I can tell you that he does not have a 'football personality.' Also in all his games at Arkansas I found him to be soft more often than not and the benefactor of more talented members of the defensive line.

There is not a single defensive player drafted from Arkansas during the Houston Nutt years that has been worth a darn in the NFL (Ahmad Carrol, David Barrett, Tony Bua, Caleb Miller, etc . . .) and the current younger guys (Anderson, Chris Houston, Marcus Harrison) just do not envoke confidence from me, someone who has seen them play A LOT.

If you are going to draft a player from Arkansas, stick with an Offensive Lineman, Running Back, or a Quarterback and a Receiver every 30 years or so (Joe Fergusson and Steve Altwater).

As for the matchup between Atlanta and Miami, I really think its too early to tell . . . although if you put a gun to my head I would likely take Miami by 1-3 points. One thing to remember is that ANYTHING can and usually does happen in Week 1 in the NFL, so it may not be as cut and dry as say a week 9 match up.

Also, glad to have you on the site. FWIW, I currently have the Falcons at 12-4 for this season so cheers on a good team being put together.

Abe isnt in the top 2, I'd take Deamarcus and Mario over him any time, he's very good though he just has to stay healthy. I'm more worried about Ryan, Turner and Gonzo.

Jake dominated Mario Williams, he dominated Calvin Pace, he dominated Terell Suggs and He dominated Richard Seymour.

Wow some interesting thoughts from the individual who attended University of A regarding our current players Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston.

He didnt say nothing about Chris Houston,...lol. you are reaching again...lol.... He was mainly tellin me Jamaal dont have the dog in him to live out his talent........

Im hoping Coach Hamilton has gotten that dog out of him (Jamaal got into it with Dahl) ..... If its any D-Line Coach that can get it out of him its Ray Hamilton...... J.Mike has said Jamaal has been there working hard and Pat Yasinskas said Jamaal looked good during OTAs ......... Lets see what he can do this year...

He didnt say nothing about Chris Houston,...lol. you are reaching again...lol.... He was mainly tellin me Jamaal dont have the dog in him to live out his talent........

Im hoping Coach Hamilton has gotten that dog out of him (Jamaal got into it with Dahl) ..... If its any D-Line Coach that can get it out of him its Ray Hamilton...... J.Mike has said Jamaal has been there working hard and Pat Yasinskas said Jamaal looked good during OTAs ......... Lets see what he can do this year...

There is not a single defensive player drafted from Arkansas during the Houston Nutt years that has been worth a darn in the NFL (Ahmad Carrol, David Barrett, Tony Bua, Caleb Miller, etc . . .) and the current younger guys (Anderson, Chris Houston, Marcus Harrison) just do not envoke confidence from me, someone who has seen them play A LOT.

He did say a little something about Houston, but you are right he mainly discussed JA98. Why you think I got a Vendetta against Houston, I like him, I just like Owens & Jackson more. LOL :D:lol:

Yea, he did jbo...:lol:...he said not a single defensive player out of Arkansas has been worth a "darn", but he's wrong about that...Houston has gotten better over the past two seasons. Hopefully, he'll become an even better corner this year...I think he will. I like the Long vs. Abraham matchup...although, while everyone is focused on Long defending Abe, they need to be concerned about the rest of our DL too.

Yea, he did jbo...:lol:...he said not a single defensive player out of Arkansas has been worth a "darn", but he's wrong about that...Houston has gotten better over the past two seasons. Hopefully, he'll become an even better corner this year...I think he will. I like the Long vs. Abraham matchup...although, while everyone is focused on Long defending Abe, they need to be concerned about the rest of our DL too.

I agree they sleeping on the rest of our Defensive line :D

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I did not realize that the Miami Dolphins were such an offensive juggernaut :D . The thing that concerns me about them is that they, like us, are well coached and do not shoot themselves in the foot. They finished the season +17 in turnovers. Our defense was bend don't break last year and we did not make enough turnovers and they did not turn the ball over much (till the playoffs) there could be some problems there.

There crazy if they think John Abraham is not going to go nuts opening day in the Dome they need to look at the history.2008 (Week 1 Detroit) 4 tackles 3 sacks 2007 (week 3 Carolina) 2 tackles 2 sacks. When we open the dome the Predator is of da chain.

Based solely on paper I think we can overpower them with our offense while they may win the turnover battle. If the defense is as improved as we are all hoping we destroy them if not it could be close.

I just want to see what happens win Joey Porter meets Harvey Dahl. I expect the yellow flags to be flying.