Thoughts on the Canes?

We have the toughest 4 game stretch in the country by far as we start off the season by playing FSU on the road, GT at home, VT in Blacksburg, and OU at home. We could be 0-4, and it doesent mean we're terrible.1-3 is more disappointing than 0-4 but we're still not bad. If we go 2-2, I dont think anyone will be mad. 3-1 will be amazing. And 4-0 is impossible.

What are your thought on this stretch and the Hurricanes as a whole?

Any other Hurricanes fans?

Oklahoma is gonna be tough but it wont be a blowout like last time. I say if we can at least start 2-2 we should be good the rest of the season. There are 2 teams that I want to beat. GT and UNC. We haven't beat them since the move to the ACC. This has to be the year

Get a new coach.

Switch to the spread offense.

You'll still get 3x the athletes than anyone else in the ACC (aside from FSU) and you'll be the only team in that conference running the spread offense (Unless there's some crappy team that runs it that I can't think of), which means everybody else is going to have one more thing to gameplan for, thus making you somewhat relevant again.

Oklahoma is gonna be tough but it wont be a blowout like last time. I say if we can at least start 2-2 we should be good the rest of the season. There are 2 teams that I want to beat. GT and UNC. We haven't beat them since the move to the ACC. This has to be the year

actually i believe miami did beat ga tech their first year in the acc. i remember chan gailey and his loser mentality explained that they just wanted to stay with miami as long as possible and not get blown out. its good to see that his winning ways paid off for him so well in kansas city last year. <_<

after that was the year miami was 3rd in the nation, a week after beating a very good virginia tech team with marcus vick at the helm, and their then quarterback at the time was talking about how nobody respected miami, how they should be in the national championship hunt, etc and then they flopped at home against gt.

i think miami might split or at the very least go 1-3 in that stretch at the beginning of the season, and thats not bc i dont think miami isnt a good team, thats just a rough opening stretch of games. good luck to them (except against gt) :P

actually i believe miami did beat ga tech their first year in the acc. i remember chan gailey and his loser mentality explained that they just wanted to stay with miami as long as possible and not get blown out. its good to see that his winning ways paid off for him so well in kansas city last year. <_<

after that was the year miami was 3rd in the nation, a week after beating a very good virginia tech team with marcus vick at the helm, and their then quarterback at the time was talking about how nobody respected miami, how they should be in the national championship hunt, etc and then they flopped at home against gt.

i think miami might split or at the very least go 1-3 in that stretch at the beginning of the season, and thats not bc i dont think miami isnt a good team, thats just a rough opening stretch of games. good luck to them (except against gt) :P

You guys killed our chances last season. Or maybe we did. But I cant tell you good luck. Just beat FSU

You guys killed our chances last season. Or maybe we did. But I cant tell you good luck. Just beat FSU

yeah miami was atop the coastal for that one game and then it seemed like miami just gave up in the following games. im not sure what happened, but they were a young team and should be improved this season. they just caught ga tech at a bad time last season. maybe with miami playing ga tech earlier in the season the results will be different.

im really worried about the fsu game this year. they came so close to beating us last year and this year the game is in tallahassee. im sure their players didnt forget. that was one of the most exciting games ive been to tbh.

im really worried about the fsu game this year. they came so close to beating us last year and this year the game is in tallahassee. im sure their players didnt forget. that was one of the most exciting games ive been to tbh.

im sorry dude but tbh. we should have won. marcus sims dosent fumble ON THE FREAKING GOAL LINE. we win. and go to the ACC championship. God i was so pissed when i saw the ball come out

im sorry dude but tbh. we should have won. marcus sims dosent fumble ON THE FREAKING GOAL LINE. we win. and go to the ACC championship. God i was so pissed when i saw the ball come out

well, it was a really good game all the way around, it wasnt like either team completely dominated the other and then stole a victory i.e. bc beating vt when they had matt ryan. it could have gone either way. but that last minute was definitely an emotional roller coaster. it was a great play by cooper taylor to put his helmet on the football to force the fumble but i kept thinking how badly that must have sucked for fsu at that moment. but... maybe fsu was just due for a close loss after all those times they pulled wins out of a bag against gt in the 90s :P

well, it was a really good game all the way around, it wasnt like either team completely dominated the other and then stole a victory i.e. bc beating vt when they had matt ryan. it could have gone either way. but that last minute was definitely an emotional roller coaster. it was a great play by cooper taylor to put his helmet on the football to force the fumble but i kept thinking how badly that must have sucked for fsu at that moment. but... maybe fsu was just due for a close loss after all those times they pulled wins out of a bag against gt in the 90s :P

lol it just sucked cause we pulled off the perfect drive. if i remember correctly we ran the clock down to lwess than a 45 seconds and were on the goal line.

lol it just sucked cause we pulled off the perfect drive. if i remember correctly we ran the clock down to lwess than a 45 seconds and were on the goal line.

yup it was exactly like that. you guys were rolling too. i remember thinking that the least we could do was hold fsu to a field goal and that would send it to overtime, but the way fsu was moving the ball, it seemed for sure like they were about to get a touchdown.

Get a new coach.

Switch to the spread offense.

You'll still get 3x the athletes than anyone else in the ACC (aside from FSU) and you'll be the only team in that conference running the spread offense (Unless there's some crappy team that runs it that I can't think of), which means everybody else is going to have one more thing to gameplan for, thus making you somewhat relevant again.

Miami won't ever run the spread like USC won't ever run it.