Dolphins Fan in Peace

Hey Falcons fans,

I'm a Miami Dolphins Fan living in Miami here to talk some football. I am looking forward to the season opener.

This game will be extra special since it will be the matchup of the two surprise teams of '08. I dont know how it was on your side, but mostly every Dolphins Fan, no matter the age, agrees that last season was their most exciting season of Dolphins Football. With you guys losing Mike Vick, it must have been ncie to be back up so quickl7

I want to talk about my team which is what I know about and then you guys can fill me in on the Falcons.

In '07, we went 1-15 as you all probably know. Dont want to talk about it. In '08, we had a complete change of culture and we brought in some great rookies, and some great veterans, and we had a successful season by all means. Now, for the Long vs Ryan debate. I think Matt Ryan is a franchise QB, and he is a better player than Jake Long. Jake Long was a better fit for us though and thus the better pick for US. If you guys would've had the first pick, it would've made sense for you guys to pick up Matt. We were rebuilding, and Parcells knew that he had to rebuild the line first. With us, Matt would've been knocked on his *** so many times its not even funny.

Right now, we still have the core of last year, with an improve at some positions of trouble last year like the safety position(we picked up Gabril Wilson), and at cornerback, we have a few rookies that are unproven but have great potentia(Sean Smith and Vontae Davis), as well as Eric Green who could be the starter at the beginning, but by the time we face you guys, I expect either Sean or Vontea to start. Sean is 6'4, so we will probably be using him against the Randy Mosses, Andre Johnson's, and and all those other huge receivers. He has been one of the surprises so far in OTA's(I know everyone looks great in OTA's).

We also picked up a couple of WR's in the draft with Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline. Turner has looked great so far and has very soft hands. Hartline has disappointed so far. But both are a lock to make the team. Add Davone Bess(who looks great this offseason after a breakout rookie year), Ted Ginn(who we all hope has his breakout year this year), and hopefully Camarillo bounces back well after his season ending injury last year, which was his best year and was our best WR until he got injured. The last spot would go to either Brandon London, who played special teams last year, and played some WR too and did alright, or to former Arena Leaguer Anthony Armstrong, who is looking great as well.

We also picked up Pat White in the draft for the wildcat, or wildpat I guess its now. I dont know if he will be ready by Week 1, as he struggled in OTA's. We'll have to see how good he is at training camp(Even though I doubt we see any wildcat at any open practices or in the preseason). Its a make or break season for the wildcat. It either works amazingly or it fails badly like it did against the Ravens. We will have another dimension to it with Pat White having a very strong arm, so defenses cant stuff the line anymore.

At running back, we have a core of the two R's and the P. Ronnie Brown was great last year even with the distraction of practicing the wildcat, and has now had two straight pro bowl caliber seasons. Ricky was awesome and hopefully he can continue that and keep his head straight.

Patrick Cobbs was great to bring in at key moments and he always delivered with big runs.

At TE, we had a great duo last year with Fasano and David Martin. Since Pennington doesent have the strongest of arms, TE's help out a lot and Fasano was one of Pennington's favorite targets last season. David Martin also came in and picked up good yardage and was a great blocker.

Our lines are much improved this season. In the OL, we have the always efficent Carey, Jake Long, and we picked up a new center and have an improved guard. As long as no major injuries occur like last year, we should be fine.

On the D-Line, we have Joey coming out with a double threat from either CFL Standout Cameron Wake(Who is no lock to make the team), Matt Roth who had a great season last year, or Jason Taylor, who did not work out with Porter in '07, but now J.T. wants to be here so hopefully he adapts. We also have some rookies from last year, Kendrall Langford, and Phillip Merling, which were pleasent surprises. We also have proven veteran Jason Ferguson at nose tackle.

We also have Channing Crowder(the guy that had no idea where London was), and he just got an extention, so hope he lives up to his mouth, I mean hype.

As for our schedule, this season, we dont have any gimme games like last year. Most games will probably be close games. We face the Bills and Jets twice. We should be able to sweep one of them. The Pats, we ALWAYS play them though. Other than '07, when everyone beat us, they never swept us. After playing you guys(prediction to come later), we will play Indi on MNF. Tough game, but they are not the same team that won the Super Bowl. Should be a close game either way. We then go to the West Coast on short rest to play the Chargers, whom we beat last year. I think the short rest and the long trip will kill us and we will get blown out. We then play the Bills and Jets at home, the latter on MNF. We should be able to win both games. After a bye week, we play the Saints at home. I think Brees will be too much for us, but we have the bye week to prepare, so who knows. Its a tough matchup for our young secondary. It doesent get any easier than that as we will then play the Jets and Patriots on the road. Jets game is a winnable game, but who knows what their QB situation looks like. NE is a REALLY TOUGH game. But Jason Taylor is a Brady killer. We'll see.

We then come home to play the Buco's. I think its the easiest game of the season and we'll win.

We go to Carolina to play the Panthers on Thursday Night, and like Brees, I think the Carolina passing game is too much for us.

We go to Buffalo to play the Bills. Tough game in the cold, but who knows what TO is causing up there. We should win.

Pats at home on SNF. Tough game to predict. Could go either way. Jaguars and Titans on the road. Jags will be an improved team and Titans will have lost Haynesworth, but they'll both be close games.

Texans at home. We have never beaten the Texans in our 4 game history, with 3 heart breakers included. They could be the surprising team in the NFL this season.

And then the Steelers at home to finish off. Its Week 17, so they could be resting their starters. If they do, we win. If they dont, forget about it.

My prediction for us is 10-6. We'll be a better team, but we'll take a step back.

You guys, I think you have a great team, and will make some damage in the playoffs, but hopefully your HC doesent steal the Coach of the Year award from Tony Sparano again. ; )

I think our game will be close, but since Im a Fins fan, I'll say 23-20 Fins!

I will be here until our game talking football with you guys, and learn more about your team. I think Tony Gonzales will be huge in this game as he killed us last year with KC.

What do you think the game is going to look like? What are your thought on my team? What are your thoughts on your team?

BTW: There's a REALLY big group of Dolphins fans that will be in ATL. There's even a full section in the lower corner that's going to be only Fins fans

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the boards. I have absolutely no problem with fans like you making their way over here. In fact, you guys make conversations and the overall forum experience better. I hope you stick around, even after we play you guys. It's the trolls who we can't stand. Good luck this year.

Thanks guys. I do plan on sticking around after the game, even though I wont be able to post as much as now, as school starts again, and I barely have any time for the Fins board. You guys seem much more hospitable than Jaguars fans, whom when I posted, all they did was talk **** about my team.

Did you say the Carolina passing game will be too much for you, if so you will be torched by Ryan and company. Seriously double cover freakin Steve Smith stop Carolina's running game and Delhomme will play right into your hands. He is the most overrated QB in the league as well as the biggest crybaby in the NFL.

Thanks guys. I do plan on sticking around after the game, even though I wont be able to post as much as now, as school starts again, and I barely have any time for the Fins board. You guys seem much more hospitable than Jaguars fans, whom when I posted, all they did was talk **** about my team.

Stick around long enough and you will discover that the majority of fans that post here are just like that.

Did you say the Carolina passing game will be too much for you, if so you will be torched by Ryan and company. Seriously double cover freakin Steve Smith stop Carolina's running game and Delhomme will play right into your hands. He is the most overrated QB in the league as well as the biggest crybaby in the NFL.

The fact is that we have a young secondary. Last year, the only teams that gave us trouble were team with great defenses(Ravens) and teams with big WR's with a combination of a pretty good QB(Arizona)

First off I would like to say the Fins had an excellent season last year and brought back the wildcat.

With that being said it is tough to say who will win because training camp is just getting started and who knows who is going to get hurt in preseason. We have what could be a dominating offense, but if the defense doesn't perform (look at the Saints) the offense can do everything and still not get the wins.

With the addition of Gonzo it will clear up the middle of the field and take pressure off Jenk, White, Turner, etc... Our offensive line performed at a high level with no injuries to 4 of the 5 starters and if they can continue that they will be one of the best. Matt Ryan came in at a high level and continued to grow through out the season. Personally out of all the guys that will see the field on the offense I am looking for the playmaking skills from Harry Douglas out of the slot the most because I think he will be able to take advantage of Gonzo going short and the safeties coming down to shut him down.

On defense we are another story. We have when healthy one of the most feared DE in the game in ABE. and the coaching staff did and excellent job keeping him in at right times and taking him out to rest and stay healthy down the stretch. We have Peria Jerry to disrupt in the middle with his burst and persuit to the ball in the backfield which will take away from double teams (maybe not early in the season, but by game 4). We also have J. Anderson who alot of people think that this is the year he finally gets it and contributes more to the team, also we have Biermann, Davis and the new kid Sidbury Jr. for rotatioin in the front for. We are going to be exploring some options with the 3-4 defense and with Jerry or Trey Lewis in the middle we could have Bierman, Davis, Abe, J. Anderson on the ends or outside linebacker.

As far as our Linebackers go we lost 2 of the 3 starters, but I personally see us taking a step forward in the additions of Mike Peterson and the insertion of Nicholas. Peterson might be up there in age, but still has something to give on the field and in the locker room. TD and company struck gold in linebacker Curtis Lofton last year even though he usually came off the field for third downs. Only Jerrod Mayo had more tackles as a rookie and he played all downs in New England. They are looking for Lofton to be the leader of the defense this year and improve his coverage skills so he can stay on the field the whole game.

Our biggest loss in the offseason was easily Fox who left in free agency, but it is said that he didn't really fit the coach Smith system although I don't know about that. We are very young and fast in the defensive back field which should make up for some of the mistakes they make by being out of position sometimes. Hopefully Chris Houston will take another step forward by being more physical with the WR he face. We are small at the position with the additions of Owens and Middleton, but both are ball hawks. Lawyer Milloy was let go who was the glue that held the CB and Safeties together last year, but we added what might be the steal of the draft with Moore who was thought to be a top 15 pick in his junior year before he decided to go back to college.

With all that said I see our defense taking its lumps early on hopefully first four games of preseason, but once they gel and trust that if they make a mistake the others on D will pick them up. I see our Defense being better by the end of the year and maybe a top 15-18 defense in the league. One thing that could hamper how they perform the whole year is if they are on the field all the time. Not worried about our offense getting shut down, but scoring too fast which could be just as bad by not letting the defense enough rest.

As I see this game I think it will be tough, but we do have all preseason to get ready for the wildcat.

I see us winning the game. ATL - 24 FINS - 17

You came into my house. The fact is, Parcells made a laughingstock out of us in the media and used us to get his job in Miami. Why should any of us show your team love?

I dont think Parcells needed anybody's help to get his job with the 1-15 Fins, or any other team. I dont know what happened with you guys, but I'll just leave it at that

The fact is that we have a young secondary. Last year, the only teams that gave us trouble were team with great defenses(Ravens) and teams with big WR's with a combination of a pretty good QB(Arizona)

Jenkins is 6'3, Roddy is a stout 6'1. And I would take Ryan over Warner anyday. Oh yeah, we signed some tight end too, I don't remember his name but I think he's had a couple good seasons.

Welcome to the boards. I lived in South Florida a while, so I pull for the Dolphins when they're not playing the Falcons (still hate the Bucs though)

Should be an interesting matchup. Our offense has plenty of weapons. I'm sure you know about Ryan, Turner, Gonzalez, and Roddy White. But watch out for our change of pace back, Norwood and our other two receivers Jenkins and Douglas. As long as we're at full strength week 1, we'll put up some points.

Defense is unknown as this point. We have a lot of youth. Also, stopping the run has been an issue the past few years, so hopefully we've improved in that area. Watch out for John Abraham on third downs, the man is money when we need a big play.

I dont think Parcells needed anybody's help to get his job with the 1-15 Fins, or any other team. I dont know what happened with you guys, but I'll just leave it at that

He agreed in principle to joining us, then backed out at the last minute to go your way. Was rather embarrassing for Blank and the team.

First off I would like to say the Fins had an excellent season last year and brought back the wildcat.

With that being said it is tough to say who will win because training camp is just getting started and who knows who is going to get hurt in preseason. We have what could be a dominating offense, but if the defense doesn't perform (look at the Saints) the offense can do everything and still not get the wins.

With the addition of Gonzo it will clear up the middle of the field and take pressure off Jenk, White, Turner, etc... Our offensive line performed at a high level with no injuries to 4 of the 5 starters and if they can continue that they will be one of the best. Matt Ryan came in at a high level and continued to grow through out the season. Personally out of all the guys that will see the field on the offense I am looking for the playmaking skills from Harry Douglas out of the slot the most because I think he will be able to take advantage of Gonzo going short and the safeties coming down to shut him down.

On defense we are another story. We have when healthy one of the most feared DE in the game in ABE. and the coaching staff did and excellent job keeping him in at right times and taking him out to rest and stay healthy down the stretch. We have Peria Jerry to disrupt in the middle with his burst and persuit to the ball in the backfield which will take away from double teams (maybe not early in the season, but by game 4). We also have J. Anderson who alot of people think that this is the year he finally gets it and contributes more to the team, also we have Biermann, Davis and the new kid Sidbury Jr. for rotatioin in the front for. We are going to be exploring some options with the 3-4 defense and with Jerry or Trey Lewis in the middle we could have Bierman, Davis, Abe, J. Anderson on the ends or outside linebacker.

As far as our Linebackers go we lost 2 of the 3 starters, but I personally see us taking a step forward in the additions of Mike Peterson and the insertion of Nicholas. Peterson might be up there in age, but still has something to give on the field and in the locker room. TD and company struck gold in linebacker Curtis Lofton last year even though he usually came off the field for third downs. Only Jerrod Mayo had more tackles as a rookie and he played all downs in New England. They are looking for Lofton to be the leader of the defense this year and improve his coverage skills so he can stay on the field the whole game.

Our biggest loss in the offseason was easily Fox who left in free agency, but it is said that he didn't really fit the coach Smith system although I don't know about that. We are very young and fast in the defensive back field which should make up for some of the mistakes they make by being out of position sometimes. Hopefully Chris Houston will take another step forward by being more physical with the WR he face. We are small at the position with the additions of Owens and Middleton, but both are ball hawks. Lawyer Milloy was let go who was the glue that held the CB and Safeties together last year, but we added what might be the steal of the draft with Moore who was thought to be a top 15 pick in his junior year before he decided to go back to college.

With all that said I see our defense taking its lumps early on hopefully first four games of preseason, but once they gel and trust that if they make a mistake the others on D will pick them up. I see our Defense being better by the end of the year and maybe a top 15-18 defense in the league. One thing that could hamper how they perform the whole year is if they are on the field all the time. Not worried about our offense getting shut down, but scoring too fast which could be just as bad by not letting the defense enough rest.

As I see this game I think it will be tough, but we do have all preseason to get ready for the wildcat.

I see us winning the game. ATL - 24 FINS - 17

Thanks,

I dont watch too many games that arent Dolphins so dont really all of those names, but it gave me a pretty good idea about your team. As for the wildcat, I dont think it will be at full force for the opener, and as you said, you guys will have and have had the entire summer to prepare

Welcome to the boards. I lived in South Florida a while, so I pull for the Dolphins when they're not playing the Falcons (still hate the Bucs though)

Should be an interesting matchup. Our offense has plenty of weapons. I'm sure you know about Ryan, Turner, Gonzalez, and Roddy White. But watch out for our change of pace back, Norwood and our other two receivers Jenkins and Douglas. As long as we're at full strength week 1, we'll put up some points.

Defense is unknown as this point. We have a lot of youth. Also, stopping the run has been an issue the past few years, so hopefully we've improved in that area. Watch out for John Abraham on third downs, the man is money when we need a big play.

The fact that you guys have trouble running the ball could help us as we're a primarily run offense with Ronnie Brown(Fully back from his injury), Ricky Williams(one of the top 2nd running backs in the league), and Patrick Cobbs, who is a chance of pace back like Norwood and has been known to pulling off really big runs.

But the rest of your team really scares me.

He agreed in principle to joining us, then backed out at the last minute to go your way. Was rather embarrassing for Blank and the team.

That doesent mean you guys helped him get the job down here. The reason why he probably backed out was probably because he wasnt given full control of the franchise, like he has down here. That would be Blank's fault, not Parcell's.

It might not have helped him get the job in Miami, but it helped get what he wanted which was control of everything and he even had a chance to leave and still get paid which was what I thought would happen with his track record of leaving after the team was sold

It might not have helped him get the job in Miami, but it helped get what he wanted which was control of everything and he even had a chance to leave and still get paid which was what I thought would happen with his track record of leaving after the team was sold

He will probably leave after this season. But his guys will still be at the helm