Breaking News: Fedor to UFC--To fight Lesnar

ya_boi_j

Breaking News: Fedor To UFC - Fight With Lesnar

MMAScoops.com is reporting that UFC President Dana White will announce the signing of Fedor Emelianenko this Friday. Shortly after the report was made posted, the UFC announced a media conference call with White scheduled for this Friday afternoon.

According to the report, an unidentified source stated that the negotiations between Fedor and the UFC have been "very civil". The source went on to state that officials are apparently discussing details on the announcement of the deal, although the UFC is declining to comment on Friday's announcement.

The signing of Fedor by the UFC has been talked about for years, with the Russian heavyweight coming close to signing with the organization in the summer of 2007. Negotations failed after Fedor's manager, Vadim Finkelstein, demanded that the UFC work with his Russian M-1 Global promotion and permit Emelianenko to compete in combat sambo tournaments. However, speculation renewed during the UFC 100 post-fight press conference earlier this month, when White said that Fedor would eventually be joining the organization.

“Eventually Fedor is going to be here,” White noted. “I want Fedor. I want him to come of the UFC."

White also said this past weekend that the Russian heavyweight would fight UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar in his first fight in the organization, if they were to come to terms on a deal.

"He'll fight for the title first," White stated. "What does he need, a tune-up fight or something? ... To argue where this guy sits in the heavyweight division, we can argue that all day."

Meanwhile, Fedor Emelianenko will address the public with a press conference on Wednesday, where he is expected to address his future plans. It's unlikely that Fedor would announce a deal with the UFC if the UFC is planning to make their own announcement on Friday. Stay tuned to MMAScoops.com for more on this story.

This all means that Lesnar vs. Fedor would be first up.

Lesnar also mentioned that behind the scenes, he’s just a regular guy.

MMAScoops.com: Lesnar Says He Would Enjoy A Fight With Fedor

Posted by MMAScoops.com Staff on 07/28/09 at 2:07 PM mmarss.gif

To Bookmark MMAScoops.com for daily updates, simply click here and add us to your favorites.

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, recently stopped by his home state’s prized possession, the Mall of America, to meet and greet some fans. He also took some time to answer a few questions regarding his new-found fame in the MMA world.

Speaking to what his life has been like since UFC 100, Brock said, “It’s been awfully crazy, but the good thing is that I’ve been through it before. I’ve been in the spotlight for a number of years, and my wife is very supportive. She’s been threw this kind of stuff before too.”

Lesnar also mentioned that behind the scenes, he’s just a regular guy.

“We just try to stay low key, and when I’m at home I’m just Joe Blow," he noted. "And I’m a new dad now too, but it’s great to have all the fans come out here and support me.”

When asked about his relationship with the UFC brass, Lesnar added, “I think we needed each other. I was looking for a new challenge, and they were looking for a heavyweight to run that division. They needed a guy like myself, to help take it to a new level. I just want to be the best UFC heavyweight champion in history. And I enjoy my job, it’s good place for me to be.”

Brock was later asked what he foresaw as his next challenge in the UFC.

“This heavyweight division has a lot of good guys, and there’s always some sleeping giant under some rock somewhere,” Lesnar said. “I would enjoy a fight with Fedor, hopefully they can seal something together. I think that the best should absolutely fight the best.”

Well, Brock wants the fight. Fedor wants the fight. Fans want the fight. But will the people who actually make those decisions make it happen? We shall see.

“We just try to stay low key, and when I’m at home I’m just Joe Blow," he noted. "And I’m a new dad now too, but it’s great to have all the fans come out here and support me.”

When asked about his relationship with the UFC brass, Lesnar added, “I think we needed each other. I was looking for a new challenge, and they were looking for a heavyweight to run that division. They needed a guy like myself, to help take it to a new level. I just want to be the best UFC heavyweight champion in history. And I enjoy my job, it’s good place for me to be.”

Brock was later asked what he foresaw as his next challenge in the UFC.

“This heavyweight division has a lot of good guys, and there’s always some sleeping giant under some rock somewhere,” Lesnar said. “I would enjoy a fight with Fedor, hopefully they can seal something together. I think that the best should absolutely fight the best.”

Well, Brock wants the fight. Fedor wants the fight. Fans want the fight. But will the people who actually make those decisions make it happen? We shall see.

I don't know much about MMA, too be honest I've only seen may 30 or 40 fights (I'm more into boxing) but I've seen all of Lesnar's fights I haven't seen any of Fedor's fights. With that said I'm going to say Lesnar is going to win (that can all change of course after I see some of Fedor's fights).

I don't know much about MMA, too be honest I've only seen may 30 or 40 fights (I'm more into boxing) but I've seen all of Lesnar's fights I haven't seen any of Fedor's fights. With that said I'm going to say Lesnar is going to win (that can all change of course after I see some of Fedor's fights).

You definitely need to watch some Fedor fights before coming to any conclusions. Not saying Fedor will definitely win, but it's sure not a lock for Lesnar. Fedor is widely considered the best heavyweight in the world.

Fedor is maybe the most unassuming looking fighter, besides Royce Gracie, I have ever seen. That said, I think he will have Lesnar tied in a knot before the end of the 1st round.

He does rather resemble a high school janitor...granted, a high school janitor who could defeat a grizzly bear by submission, but still! :lol:

I refuse to believe Fedor is in the UFC until I see him fighting in the octagon. Just yesterday there was no way in **** he'd ever fight in the UFC. M-1 Global wanted to co-promote with the UFC. :lol:

But if by a small miracle he does fight Lesnar it would be very, very interesting. Fedor has never fought anyone quite like Lesnar.

They call Fedor "The Cyborg" for a reason.... he's disposed of several former UFC heavyweight champs in a matter of seconds... literally.

They call Fedor "The Cyborg" for a reason.... he's disposed of several former UFC heavyweight champs in a matter of seconds... literally.

To be fair Nogueira was the only UFC HW champion (future champ in this case) that was still good when Fedor fought them. And both of those wins against Nogueira went to decision. Sylvia and Arlovski were both destroyed faster in their next fights. (31 seconds combined)

I don't think Fedor even faced somebody as big as Brock.

That is my only concern. As a fighter, Fedor is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x100000000000000000000 better than Brock. However, how do you stop a man that has to cut 30/40 pounds to make the 265 limit? This ain't your regular big man.

I refuse to believe Fedor is in the UFC until I see him fighting in the octagon. Just yesterday there was no way in **** he'd ever fight in the UFC. M-1 Global wanted to co-promote with the UFC. :lol:

But if by a small miracle he does fight Lesnar it would be very, very interesting. Fedor has never fought anyone quite like Lesnar.

and at same token Lesner has never fought anyone like Fedor.............. Fedor is by far and away the most well rounded heavyweight out there today form what I have seen.........I am not a super aficionado or anything like that but I have seen a good number of fights... Fedor is just machine like how he fights, very little wasted movement, always has his head in the game , he can knock guys out or make them tap....... this would be a VERY tough fight for Brock.