UGA fans get inside dish from coaches.

SacFalcFan

WOW, no skill positions players redshirting??? Obviously none of this is set in stone, but I hope that is not the case. Guys like Gilliard and Vasser can certainly use a redshirt. Then consider the number of LBs on the team. Guys like Robinson, White, and Hebron are easy to forget about. It's hard to see that many LBs playing this year and I'd hate to see true freshman use a year of eligibilty just playing a bunch of special teams. I understand that does happen sometimes but it seems like there are enough "non freshmen" LBs to prevent it.

WOW, no skill positions players redshirting??? Obviously none of this is set in stone, but I hope that is not the case. Guys like Gilliard and Vasser can certainly use a redshirt. Then consider the number of LBs on the team. Guys like Robinson, White, and Hebron are easy to forget about. It's hard to see that many LBs playing this year and I'd hate to see true freshman use a year of eligibilty just playing a bunch of special teams. I understand that does happen sometimes but it seems like there are enough "non freshmen" LBs to prevent it.

By skill position, I think he is just referring to the offensive side of the ball, namely the WR, RB, QB and TE positions. The only guy out of those positions that will redshirt is Mett. Murray might, but we won't be sure of that one way or the other until into the season. It will depend on how well Logan does as the backup.

By skill position, I think he is just referring to the offensive side of the ball, namely the WR, RB, QB and TE positions. The only guy out of those positions that will redshirt is Mett. Murray might, but we won't be sure of that one way or the other until into the season. It will depend on how well Logan does as the backup.

he is talking about TE, WR, and RB in his comments as you said. They will redshirt either both guys or just mett, but if joe cox plays well aaron won't see the field. I agree with his comments. With our numbers you play everyone and that includes ealey..

he is talking about TE, WR, and RB in his comments as you said. They will redshirt either both guys or just mett, but if joe cox plays well aaron won't see the field. I agree with his comments. With our numbers you play everyone and that includes ealey..

The UGA blog corrected that today... CMR meant ALL skill positions.

he isn't talking about qbs.. he is talking about every other offensive skill position.. cmr has commented that he will redshirt both guys most likely unless one of them shows out..

It surprises me, but he did in fact amend his comments to include all the DBs and LBs as well. Surprising, I gotta say, I didn't think he would play the LBs.

Richt said in an interview after the event, that he's including defensive backs and linebackers as well - that would include defensive backs Branden Smith, Jordan Love and Shawn Williams and linebackers Mike Gilliard and Chase Vasser.

"When you talk about special teams, you want your runners, your hitters," Richt said. "You're trying to decide whether these guys play or not play. We're starting out saying 'Hey, let's play these guys. Let's get them on special teams and teach them what to do.' They'll help us on special teams, and they'll also be growing as players at their positions, too.

"Sometimes you're two weeks in and you're like 'They're not ready, they're not ready.' Two more weeks, he probably is ready. Two more weeks after that, he may be your starter."

Looks like he is just planning to play them on special teams and in mop-up duty unless they prove they are ready for more.

It surprises me, but he did in fact amend his comments to include all the DBs and LBs as well. Surprising, I gotta say, I didn't think he would play the LBs.

okay so he isn't talking just about skill guys.. he is talking about all freshman that are not linemen.. that's really how it should be said.. he isn't talking about skill guys only.. the main reason as he pointed out was to play all our freshman is due to special teams.. our walkons didn't do very good last year and we don't want to lose a front line starter to an injury on special teams.. i think it's a great idea.

okay so he isn't talking just about skill guys.. he is talking about all freshman that are not linemen.. that's really how it should be said.. he isn't talking about skill guys only.. the main reason as he pointed out was to play all our freshman is due to special teams.. our walkons didn't do very good last year and we don't want to lose a front line starter to an injury on special teams.. i think it's a great idea.

Yeah that is what threw me, I usually don't think of anyone on the defense as a "skill guy", that has always been offensive players to me. Of course Montez Robinson will also see time. I actually think that is a great idea. Should improve our special teams. I can't think of what coach it is that did this, it may be more than one, I think it may have been Meyer actually, but he actually make special teams a competition and ST players get to eat first at meals, etc. That is a good way to motive guys to play well on ST and get some good players over there, doesn't have to be the front-line starters, but I like having the true frosh rather than sticking to mostly the walkons.

Yeah that is what threw me, I usually don't think of anyone on the defense as a "skill guy", that has always been offensive players to me. Of course Montez Robinson will also see time. I actually think that is a great idea. Should improve our special teams. I can't think of what coach it is that did this, it may be more than one, I think it may have been Meyer actually, but he actually make special teams a competition and ST players get to eat first at meals, etc. That is a good way to motive guys to play well on ST and get some good players over there, doesn't have to be the front-line starters, but I like having the true frosh rather than sticking to mostly the walkons.

montez will play just because we are hurting at de.. we will be fine when justin gets back, but montez, battle, dobbs will be enough til houston comes back IMO. the one thing about playing these guys on special teams is you get to see if they are players or not.. if they show you something you give them a chance to get into the rotation.. it's a win win and frankly with our injuries we may have only 1 to 2 total players redshirted.. btw lott is going to be all-sec.. he is awesome.. i have heard nothing but raving about him and his ability already..

btw lott is going to be all-sec.. he is awesome.. i have heard nothing but raving about him and his ability already..

Dude's video was unreal to me. Great us of his hands keeping defenders off him and the back side pursuit speed was impressive. He's going to push for serious PT soon. He was my favorite guy out of last years recruits.

Dude's video was unreal to me. Great us of his hands keeping defenders off him and the back side pursuit speed was impressive. He's going to push for serious PT soon. He was my favorite guy out of last years recruits.

ransack i am telling you he jumps into the rotation this year even with who we have.. he is awesome and that's not me that is our offensive linemen who have had to go against him..