Birds Waive Irons

jmike811

http://jmike.blogs.atlantafalcons.com/2009...ays-with-irons/

The Falcons announced the release of cornerback David Irons Tuesday afternoon, ending a career in Atlanta that started in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft.

Irons, a native of Dacula, played in five games last season before going on injured reserve in December. The injury lingered through the offseason, however, including mini camp and organized team activities.

He was a special teams standout in 2007 (13 tackles, one fumble recovery). Prior to that, Irons was a swift cornerback at Aurburn where he recorded 194 tackles, three forced fumbles, 43 pass deflections and seven interceptions.

His brother, Kenny, was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals, but fought an ACL injury in his first preseason and was later released.

David, of course, is the Irons of note for Falcons fans, who fell in love with his antics on various segments of the AF.com Rookie Diary.

Birds Part Ways with Irons The Falcons announced the release of cornerback David Irons Tuesday afternoon, ending a career in Atlanta that started in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft.

Irons, a native of Dacula, played in five games last season before going on injured reserve in December. The injury lingered through the offseason, however, including mini camp and organized team activities.

He was a special teams standout in 2007 (13 tackles, one fumble recovery). Prior to that, Irons was a swift cornerback at Aurburn where he recorded 194 tackles, three forced fumbles, 43 pass deflections and seven interceptions.

His brother, Kenny, was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals, but fought an ACL injury in his first preseason and was later released.

David, of course, is the Irons of note for Falcons fans, who fell in love with his antics on various segments of the AF.com Rookie Diary.

“Animals in the zoo are going to watch it.”

Link

that sucks...I wonder who we will pick up...we were already down to 80 players after that center retired so now we are down to 79 and we have room for one more :D

Irons probably couldnt practice so thats why we let him go

J. Mike...did u see anyone new around flowery branch? :D

that sucks...I wonder who we will pick up...we were already down to 80 players after that center retired so now we are down to 79 and we have room for one more :D

Irons probably couldnt practice so thats why we let him go

J. Mike...did u see anyone new around flowery branch? :D

We probalby wont pick up anyone. A DB was bound to get cut anyway.

Maybe we sign some O-line depth?

probably if we pick up anyone it will be on the oline

Man, there goes my boy. Well, I knew him anyway. Sucks for him but that his injuries last year did hi no favors. Kind of like Laurent. Good Luck DI.

Sorry Ghost

probably if we pick up anyone it will be on the oline

Sorry Ghost

It will be alright. I might hit him up on myspace but not sure what to say. I might hit my buddy up that I met him through to see what he has to say. I'm not surprised but of course I pull for him since I know him. Winning is the most important thing anyway and it shouldn't affect our plans moving forward.