Ranking the Receiving Units

kal

I agree with where they have us since it is included the TE. We have a HOF TE and a Pro-Bowl WR, a good possesion WR in Jenkins who made the catches in the clutch last year, and a Shifty Slot guy who can exploit mismatches in the defense. This is why our offense is going to be soo hard to stop. The Writer has done his homework, especially with the Texans. The Texans a have a superstar in Andre Johnson, and dont sleep on Kevin Walter just because you dont know him, he is a great #2 WR, Owens is a good TE, and they have a pretty good slot WR too (i forget his name but he has some speed). I do agree that the EAgles could have been a little higher before the Lions and maybe the Seahawks.

I'm intrigued by HD this year. I don't think he was quite as good as people made out last year, but was more than adequate for a rookie. He's not real quick, but I think he has that shiffty ability and could develop into a Wes Welker type receiver where the first few yards are kind of in their head which allows them to get open.

His hands need to be a bit better.

I don't know if he'll even be a good starter, but I think he could be excellent as a 3rd receiver and punt returner

Falcons at 4 sounds bout right, but Panthers at 19??? Don't quite agree with that, Smith/Muhammand, believe they should be ranked

a bit higher.....

why?

Smith is the only valid target. Moose is old, Jarrett sucks, and they have zero recieving TE's. I agree with their position.

edit: they are ranked 21 not 19.

why?

Smith is the only valid target. Moose is old, Jarrett sucks, and they have zero recieving TE's. I agree with their position.

edit: they are ranked 21 not 19.

My bad, yes they are ranked 21st vice 19th, which is more puzzling.... You mean you agree, for example, that the Lions which they

rank at 14th are a better receiving corps??? Lets compare each teams top 2 rcvrs -

Carolina - S. Smith 78/1421 and M. Muhammad 65/923 versus

Detroit - Calvin Johnson 78/1331 and K Smith 39/286.....If you get technical about it, Carolina's top 2 rcvrs outgained

the Falcon's top 2 last yr and we won't go into a lack of TE production......Now with the addition of Gonzo, the

Falcons have the elite receiving corps in the entire NFL IMO, but to say that the Panthers receivers are worse than the

Lions??? Cmon......

Eh, we are probably in the top 5 with our corp....but its very close between us, GB, Denver, and SD.

The only thing holding back Denver is is Marshall's terrible attitude.

The only thing holding back GB is the consistent TE threat.

The only thing holding back SD is the depth at WR.

Houston should certainly be above us though.

Andre > anything on our roster

Walter > Jenkins by a landslide

Davis = HD

Anderson > Finn or 5th WR

Jones > 5th WR

The only thing we beat them in is TE, but that wont last very long....plus they just drafted 2 more TE's this year on top of Daniels proven production.

My bad, yes they are ranked 21st vice 19th, which is more puzzling.... You mean you agree, for example, that the Lions which they

rank at 14th are a better receiving corps??? Lets compare each teams top 2 rcvrs -

Carolina - S. Smith 78/1421 and M. Muhammad 65/923 versus

Detroit - Calvin Johnson 78/1331 and K Smith 39/286.....If you get technical about it, Carolina's top 2 rcvrs outgained

the Falcon's top 2 last yr and we won't go into a lack of TE production......Now with the addition of Gonzo, the

Falcons have the elite receiving corps in the entire NFL IMO, but to say that the Panthers receivers are worse than the

Lions??? Cmon......

im not saying i agree with the whole list, but im just saying that the Panthers shouldnt be ranked Top 15 just because of Smith. i agree that they are sub 15.

They ranked Lions 14 because they have Calvin Johnson (Elite), Bryant Johnson (Solid #2), Dennis Northcutt (Average), and now the best TE in the 09 draft Brandon Pettigrew. Im not saying Lions deserve #14 but they do have a better overall corps than Carolina does.

im not saying i agree with the whole list, but im just saying that the Panthers shouldnt be ranked Top 15 just because of Smith. i agree that they are sub 15.

They ranked Lions 14 because they have Calvin Johnson (Elite), Bryant Johnson (Solid #2), Dennis Northcutt (Average), and now the best TE in the 09 draft Brandon Pettigrew. Im not saying Lions deserve #14 but they do have a better overall corps than Carolina does.

Well i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The thing with the Lions receiving corps being rated above the Panthers just kind

of jumped out at me, as far as B. Johnson being a solid #2, okay, then what about M. Muhammad, 65 catches for 923yds

isn't too shabby, especially for an old man :P SMH as to why they have TB rcvrs over the Panties, okay A. Bryant is a pretty

decent rcvr and yes they added k2, but this all becomes moot if you don't have a proven QB to get the ball to them. As far as Pettigrew,

who knows how he pans out.....All i'm saying is no way should Detroit receiving corps or for that matter the Buc's be rated higher than

Carolina's, but then again just my opinion....