Show some love for the Defense

feelnu

As a long time fan of the Falcons I've missed those nasty hits, the 3rd and 1s, the snot slinging monster tackles out of bound, and the "Mama there go that Man" hits in the middle when Tuggle was one on one with a RB. Lofton gives me the impression he's going to be the same relentless hard hitting player like Jesse. Lofton made some nasty licks last season, I can see him getting much better this season. A few times he missed a couple plays, but that'll be different this season. What do you guys think?

As a long time fan of the Falcons I've missed those nasty hits, the 3rd and 1s, the snot slinging monster tackles out of bound, and the "Mama there go that Man" hits in the middle when Tuggle was one on one with a RB. Lofton gives me the impression he's going to be the same relentless hard hitting player like Jesse. Lofton made some nasty licks last season, I can see him getting much better this season. A few times he missed a couple plays, but that'll be different this season. What do you guys think?

I think Tuggle made me finally forget about Nobis. Brooking made me forget about Tuggle. And now Lofton will make me forget about Brooking.

I think that Lofton will be a force in the middle for years to come, he played pretty well for a rookie last year and can only get better, it is good to see that he is taking his NFL career serious by coming into camp in better shape than last year.

Curtis Lofton = Jessie Tuggle 2.0

BTW, he said he didn't even know what he was doing last year. He said this year is different and he said that a lot of people are going to be very surprised with our defense this year. He said that a week or two ago and that sounds exactly what some of the players were saying about our offense last year.

Do I need to go find my post where I have been calling him Baby Hammer for a long time now? I 100% agree with this. He is Baby Hammer.

I remember him making a good play on the goaline against Peyton Hillis stopping him on a 4th down, i was like he stuck him like that then i saw Lofton get up from the bottom of the pile.(Keith Brooking was on top j/K LOL)

I think Tuggle made me finally forget about Nobis. Brooking made me forget about Tuggle. And now Lofton will make me forget about Brooking.

How in the h e l l can you put Brooking in the same sentence as Tuggle????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious????

I hope Lofton can be half the lineback Tuggle was. No love loss for Lofton, but Tuggle is my all time favorite Falcon. If he can get mentioned in the same breath as Tuggle, then I will be quite happy.

I hear you on that man. Tuggle is one of our all time greats. Lofton reminds me so much of him. I had the privileged of meeting Tuggle too. Very nice and humble guy. I hope his son does well at BC.

I hear you on that man. Tuggle is one of our all time greats. Lofton reminds me so much of him. I had the privileged of meeting Tuggle too. Very nice and humble guy. I hope his son does well at BC.

No doubt. I really do have high hopes for Lofton, and I'm certain he'll be awesome! I just miss Tuggle. I can still remember him just leveling people, and he wasn't even that tall of a linebacker, yet he brought the heat every down. If Lofton can do that, and handle his business like Tuggle did, then we have a diamond in the rough.

Lofton is the biggest breast we got

I see you are using the new lingo already :lol:

No doubt. I really do have high hopes for Lofton, and I'm certain he'll be awesome! I just miss Tuggle. I can still remember him just leveling people, and he wasn't even that tall of a linebacker, yet he brought the heat every down. If Lofton can do that, and handle his business like Tuggle did, then we have a diamond in the rough.

I agree

How in the h e l l can you put Brooking in the same sentence as Tuggle????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious????

Okay, let me educate you a bit here.

Which of these players had the better career?

Player A - 831 tackles (631 solo), 21 sacks, 6 interceptions, 5 probowls in 14 seasons

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=46

Player B - 1127 tackles (879 solo), 17 sacks, 12 interceptions, 5 probowls in 11 seasons

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1448

Tell me, oh wise one, which player would you pick?

Objective and reasonable fans would know that Brooking was a great player and took the reigns from Tuggle after the Superbowl year. We can only hope that Lofton becomes half the linebacker Brooking, Tuggle, or Nobis was in their primes.

Lesson over. You're dismissed. :P :lol:

Okay, let me educate you a bit here.

Which of these players had the better career?

Player A - 831 tackles (631 solo), 21 sacks, 6 interceptions, 5 probowls in 14 seasons

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=46

Player B - 1127 tackles (879 solo), 17 sacks, 12 interceptions, 5 probowls in 11 seasons

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1448

Tell me, oh wise one, which player would you pick?

Objective and reasonable fans would know that Brooking was a great player and took the reigns from Tuggle after the Superbowl year. We can only hope that Lofton becomes half the linebacker Brooking, Tuggle, or Nobis was in their primes.

Lesson over. You're dismissed. :P :lol:

LOL