What to look for in Training Camp?

FalcD56

I'll be very far away from Flowery Branch, but there are a few things that I'll be paying attention to when articles and analysis come out.

Chemisty between Ryan and Gonzalez

I'll be looking at how well these two work together. Our offense was good last year, but inside the red zone, it was anemic. If things work out well, Tony G should change all of that, and turn us into one of the most potent red zone offenses in the NFL.

Rookies: The transition

For the second straight year, rookies are going to play a big role on this team. This year, it will be on the defensive side of the ball. How will William Moore and Chris Owens look? Will Peria Jerry become an immediate starter? Those three players' performances alone are going to determine a lot of how our defense shapes up to be.

I only listed my top two, because I want to see what every one else thinks. Use this thread to post what you are most interested in seeing during 2009 camp.

I'll be very far away from Flowery Branch, but there are a few things that I'll be paying attention to when articles and analysis come out.

Chemisty between Ryan and Gonzalez

I'll be looking at how well these two work together. Our offense was good last year, but inside the red zone, it was anemic. If things work out well, Tony G should change all of that, and turn us into one of the most potent red zone offenses in the NFL.

Rookies: The transition

For the second straight year, rookies are going to play a big role on this team. This year, it will be on the defensive side of the ball. How will William Moore and Chris Owens look? Will Peria Jerry become an immediate starter? Those three players' performances alone are going to determine a lot of how our defense shapes up to be.

I only listed my top two, because I want to see what every one else thinks. Use this thread to post what you are most interested in seeing during 2009 camp.

AH, Gonzalez will change the offense for the better no doubt. Defensive players can adjust faster in my opinion than the O players. Remember, Milloy gave good advice to the young D players at crucial times "Don't think to much! Just hit! Good advice.

^^^ Anyone know? I haven't been in about 4 years.

Yes, small coolers are allowed. But, you have to let them search the cooler if they want. I would stay away from alcoholic beverages or anything in a glass bottle. But the usual gatorade or a sandwich w/chips would be okay. Don't forget the binoculars so that you can report to those of us not able to attend.

EDIT:

Taken directly from the Falcons board:

What should I bring to Training Camp

For your comfort, please feel free to bring the following items to training camp:

hats

jackets

rain gear

sunglasses

sunscreen

binoculars

blankets

umbrellas

lawn chairs

strollers.

Prohibited items include:

weapons of any kind

alcoholic beverages

pets (only service animals are allowed)

camcorders, professional cameras/tripods

large backpacks, bags, coolers

anything deemed inappropriate by security

May we bring our coolers to Training Camp?Coolers are permitted at Falcons Training Camp, but will be subject to search by Falcons security, team personnel, or law enforcement officials. Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Russell...g_Camp_FAQ.aspx

Yes, small coolers are allowed. But, you have to let them search the cooler if they want. I would stay away from alcoholic beverages or anything in a glass bottle. But the usual gatorade or a sandwich w/chips would be okay. Don't forget the binoculars so that you can report to those of us not able to attend.

Thanks and you got it. I was just thinking Gatorade and water. Maybe a sammy or something. I'll definitely be reporting.

look for how Peterson and Nicholas are taking in the defense......look for how Lofton is doing against the pass. Also watching the position battles in the secondary

Look at HD's left thumb in your sig. Does it look like his thumb is exposed through the glove. Could Nike or someone get this guy a glove without holes. LOL.

Yes, small coolers were allowed. But, you have to let them search the cooler if they want. I would stay away from alcoholic beverages or anything in a glass bottle. But the usual gatorade or a sandwich w/chips would be okay. Don't forget the binoculars so that you can report to those of us not able to attend.

EDIT:

Taken directly from the Falcons board:

What should I bring to Training Camp

For your comfort, please feel free to bring the following items to training camp:

hats

jackets

rain gear

sunglasses

sunscreen

binoculars

blankets

umbrellas

lawn chairs

strollers.

Prohibited items include:

weapons of any kind

alcoholic beverages

pets (only service animals are allowed)

camcorders, professional cameras/tripods

large backpacks, bags, coolers

anything deemed inappropriate by security

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Russell...g_Camp_FAQ.aspx

I saw this list and coolers are under the prohibited list but wasn't sure if it meant just largew coolers. I had thought I heard that they started allowing coolers on there.

:lol: What's scary is his thumb looks white in that picture. Did somebody tape some white dude's thumb to HD's hands during the game? :lol: :P

Probably a jammed thumb. I had to do the same thing during our state game last year. Because the taping and finger doesnt fit in that tight *** glove lol

I really want to watch that dline to see the difference Peria makes. To see if JA98 looks better and to see how Trey looks. Of course I want to see that secondary too. I'm dying to see Ryan too and hope I can get my attention off of him long enough to see these defensive battles. lol. I bet he will be looking good with TG.

I really want to watch that dline to see the difference Peria makes. To see if JA98 looks better and to see how Trey looks. Of course I want to see that secondary too. I'm dying to see Ryan too and hope I can get my attention off of him long enough to see these defensive battles. lol. I bet he will be looking good with TG.

You better hope they're in pads then because you can't tell squat about the line play when they're in shells.

Sometimes it is kind of hard to see what is going on with the Dline, in Mini-Camp they were the furtherest from the fans in the far corner of the other field, so i wasnt able to see them during drills, just during the 11-on-11 drills. So i have learned when to focus on certain positions based on where they are during practice. It is easier to get a look at the offense because they practice the closet to the fans, but during 11-on-11 i try to focus on the defense.

You better hope they're in pads then because you can't tell squat about the line play when they're in shells.

Last year i found that during practice they only opened the morning practice and they werent in pads, but then again I only went once, but this year i am going to go every Wed, and it is only one practice on Wed, i hope they are in pads, but I wonder if Smith is going to do the same with the players in shorts in the Am and Pads in the Pm practices.

Yea, I know. I am hoping they are in full pads on day one but if not then I'll try to plan around that. I really want to see this d-line in full pads going against our good o-line.