New Twist in Arrest of Harvard Prof Gates

sourdiesal

http://news.aol.com/article/gates-911-call...1-call%2F589068

Come to find out the lady that place the 911 call never said that two Black men were breaking into a home...

Whalen does not mention the race of the men she saw until pressed by a dispatcher to describe them. At that point, she said one of the men may have been Hispanic.

smh

Just another example of media sensationalism taking stuff to the lowest common denominator.

Just another example of media sensationalism taking stuff to the lowest common denominator.

Did Crowley state that two black men were breaking into a home?

I'm curious to find out where the descriptions in this story came from. Somebody is lying here. Either the police department or the media....

Did Crowley state that two black men were breaking into a home?

I'm curious to find out where the descriptions in this story came from. Somebody is lying here. Either the police department or the media....

I really couldn't say. Aren't 911 calls public information? That would clear up any misconceptions.

This situation could have been totally avoided had either of the men decided to act like a decent human and actually communicate instead of trying to "one up" each other and turn it into a pizzing match. "A wag of my finger" to both of them.

This situation could have been totally avoided had either of the men decided to act like a decent human and actually communicate instead of trying to "one up" each other and turn it into a pizzing match. "A wag of my finger" to both of them.

Or if Dr. Gates would have put his arrogance away for 2 minutes to say "Yes officer, my name is Dr. Gates, this is my house. I just got back in the country and the door was stuck. The cab driver helped me break in. Here is my ID."

Crazy isn't it?

Or if Dr. Gates would have put his arrogance away for 2 minutes to say "Yes officer, my name is Dr. Gates, this is my house. I just got back in the country and the door was stuck. The cab driver helped me break in. Here is my ID."

Crazy isn't it?

It's almost too sensible........but it just might work

Next time I get pulled over by a black cop I'm gonna throw a fit and blame it on the color of my skin and see if I can't get a free beer at the White House

I get pulled over at least 2 times a week....well that's not true I only got pulled over once last week

May I just adopt your post? I couldn't have said it better.

Mizzu and Snake need to f**k and get it over with...I'm tired of watching them flirt

**** if that ain't the truth. I told both of them months ago that they just need to anger bang the **** out of each other and spare everyone else.

Who would pitch and who would catch? We should have a MB pool on that question :lol:

Dang, why couldn't he just be nice to the officer and get a camera out to film the attitude of the officer if he had one. You know you get much better treatment from most people, even police officers, if you at least start out nice, and with officers stay nice.

I hope if he tries a documentary like he stated he gets laughed out of the area, unless it is on himself and how he treats people.

Most officers have to put up with a bunch of slop, and if you are nice and respectful even if they display a bad attitude, you generally come out better. Have a little respect for all the slop they take, and try to make it easier on them and the bs job they have to do. Something as simple as turning on a light in your car at night when you get pulled over, or saying "yes, sir, and no, sir." makes a huge difference in how you will be treated. You may still get the ticket, but generally no other hassle.

Crazy isn't it?

Or if Crowley had just said "Thank you for showing me your ID Mr. Gates, sorry about the confusion, enjoy the rest of your afternoon" and walked out of the house instead of continuing to question Gates as if he had done something wrong. Sometimes as an officer of the law you have to take the "high road" and walk away from frail, grumpy, disabled old men. LOL I mean, what was Gates going to do??? Beat him with his cane???? I mean, did Crowley feel that threatened by Gates or did his "peddy widdle feelings get hurt?" ROTFL

Crazy isn't it?

Or if Crowley had just said "Thank you for showing me your ID Mr. Gates, sorry about the confusion, enjoy the rest of your afternoon" and walked out of the house instead of continuing to question Gates as if he had done something wrong. Sometimes as an officer of the law you have to take the "high road" and walk away from frail, grumpy, disabled old men. LOL I mean, what was Gates going to do??? Beat him with his cane???? I mean, did Crowley feel that threatened by Gates or did his "peddy widdle feelings get hurt?" ROTFL

Crazy isn't it?

From the accounts, who went ***** mode first, Dr. Gates, or Officer Crowley?

From the accounts, who went ***** mode first, Dr. Gates, or Officer Crowley?

Ohhhh, and that gave Crowley the right to arrest a tired, old, grumpy, disabled man in his own home????? I'm sure there are officers who have walked away from much worse (verbal) treatment. I'm sure there are officers who have let common sense prevail and walked away from people who were much more dangerous threats than Gates.

And Crowley is a decorated officer and he couldn't de-escalate a situation where the person in question had no discernable weapon and was a DISABLED, feeble man??????? Man, Gates must have a tongue like an assult rifle! LOL

The other issue I have a hard time coming to grips with is . . . as an officer of the law, you should be able to sense certain things. Could Crowley not figure out that Gates actually lived there???? Even after he showed identification??? You can tell by how they move around the house, the ease at which they can find things, how comfortable they are . . . heck, take a look at the pictures, plaques on the wall . . . Did Crowley walk in and just disregard all these "tell tell" signs that Gates lived there????

What was the point of questioning him further once he proved he lived there????

Maybe he should have just "Showed Respect" to a Law Enforcement Officer and none of this would have happened. :mellow:

/endthread.. ^_^

He provided two forms of identification to Crowley . . . once it was established that he was a legal occupant of the home, the "investigation" should have ended at that point . . .

This whole issue is stupid.

All this goes to prove is that if you piss an officer off by yelling at him repeatedly, he's probably going to get irritated as well and arrest you on something minor. Maybe this is just me and my crazy upbringing, but I could have told you that before this ever happened. Just like if anyone is working at a store and some jerk comes in 5 minutes before close and is a prick to everyone, they might be more inclined to tell him the store's closed and he's SOL.

This kind of stuff happens every day in all aspects of life. The only difference here is that the guy pissed off about it is a Harvard professor and that somehow means I'm supposed to care more.