Drake's contract detailed.

ya_boi_j

I hate Baby man. But I truly hope Wayne doesn't screw Drake over like Baby did Juvie them

i doubt it. wayne does not make much money off himself vs people under him.

if wayne and drake are on the same level, then wayne will be making more off drake than himself.

if wayne and drake are on the same level, then wayne will be making more off drake than himself.

It's jacked up how that works isn't it? Its like how a lot of people didn't know Eazy-E made more off Dr. Dre's Chronic LP than Dr. Dre did because Dre was signed under him at the time. And that's ironic because all Dre and Snoop did was diss Eazy on that record yet Easy made more $$$ from it than they did.

The music biz is one messed up business... :mellow:

I don't know man. Wayne makes a pretty good chunk of money. He's president and C.E.O. of Cash Money. I'm sure Baby get a little bit but Wayne makin a ton. Plus you gotta look at his tour money as well. Last year he made $56 million if my memory is correct. The most current Forbes list has him at $15 or $18 million. But Drake is getting the best of the deal. I'm no expert but it says he only cedes 25% to the label for distribution. Does that mean the other 75% is his

I don't know man. Wayne makes a pretty good chunk of money. He's president and C.E.O. of Cash Money. I'm sure Baby get a little bit but Wayne makin a ton. Plus you gotta look at his tour money as well. Last year he made $56 million if my memory is correct. The most current Forbes list has him at $15 or $18 million. But Drake is getting the best of the deal. I'm no expert but it says he only cedes 25% to the label for distribution. Does that mean the other 75% is his

im talking off albums. that is where performers get screwed. they get most of their money from tours and preforming, but the albums which make boat loads of money they are getting cheated.

It's jacked up how that works isn't it? Its like how a lot of people didn't know Eazy-E made more off Dr. Dre's Chronic LP than Dr. Dre did because Dre was signed under him at the time. And that's ironic because all Dre and Snoop did was diss Eazy on that record yet Easy made more $$$ from it than they did.

Which reminds me. Remember when The Game dropped The Doctors Advocate. 50 said he made more money off that CD than The Game. Knowing 50 it may have just been all talk

It's jacked up how that works isn't it? Its like how a lot of people didn't know Eazy-E made more off Dr. Dre's Chronic LP than Dr. Dre did because Dre was signed under him at the time. And that's ironic because all Dre and Snoop did was diss Eazy on that record yet Easy made more $$ from it than they did.

real talk. they only make the real money from tours, which is why they all go on tours. if they made money off the albums im sure they wouldnt be rushing for tours all the time.

im talking off albums. that is where performers get screwed. they get most of their money from tours and preforming, but the albums which make boat loads of money they are getting cheated.

Not only are they getting screwed by the company, but the bootleggers as well. I think that has alot to do with it these days.

agree, but it is not going to stop. why pay when you can get it for free?

You are right. Me personally. If it's a artist that I like, I will bootleg it and still buy the real album for the quality and to support my fav b/c if it wasn't for him, what would I have to listen to, ya know. But if its someone like Soulja Boy, he dont even get radio play in my car or housr :lol:

You are right. Me personally. If it's a artist that I like, I will bootleg it and still buy the real album for the quality and to support my fav b/c if it wasn't for him, what would I have to listen to, ya know. But if its someone like Soulja Boy, he dont even get radio play in my car or housr :lol:

-_-

a lot of time rappers these days do not care, because they getting screwed anyways. they would you rather spread it through the jacker community, then go to their concert vs buy their album and not go to the concert. **** they make mixtapes to spread their music for the more underground people.

a lot of time rappers these days do not care, because they getting screwed anyways. they would you rather spread it through the jacker community, then go to their concert vs buy their album and not go to the concert. **** they make mixtapes to spread their music for the more underground people.

With most rapper's, releasing mixtapes go a few ways. But alot of time's they release multiple mixtapes to build a buzz for their album release. The only ones that gain success from that is Jay, 50, Jeezy, Wayne and T.I. All those are in a high position at the label except Jeezy. The other 4 are making their money b/c of the position their in.

That makes me wonder why a lot of them weren't able to pull off what Missy Elliot did by owning all her own masters and whatnot? She made a killing off her album sales alone from what I heard because of the deal she pulled of to own everything about her music- masters, points, studio, catalog sales, whatever and that was BEFORE she even blew up back in the day. Why don't more of them do it like she did? She doesn't even need to make records anymore and h*ll doesn't anymore really. It was one of the smartest moves I ever heard a rapper make.

How are rappers these days getting screwed? They're becoming millionaires with minimal talent. Some with literally no talent at all.

It's best to stay independent.

The only problem with that is, if you don't have money or the skillz to pull it off on your own, then you get overshadowed and railroaded by the larger companies/rap cliques. That's why the talented underground artists can't get any play on mainstream radio and scrubs like Drake get pushed to the forefront.