6'0 335lbs NT Hollis Thomas ?

atljbo

Free agent DT Hollis Thomas is reportedly considering signing with four teams, and plans to make a decision this week.

We know the Eagles are one. Other suitors could be the Lions, Falcons, Rams, and Vikings

I know its its saying could be but what are your thoughts on Hollis Thomas and adding him......... I know he will just be a depth guy but what are your thoughts ?

I dunno, we didn't really draft any big guys for the middle, and it looks like we might not really be using them (unless if they expect Trey Lewis to be pretty much the only guy to be over 300 lbs in the line).

I'd rather let a young guy fill in. Hollis is well past a decade in the league and is coming off an injury/partial season.

Time to wake up and smell the roster, fellas. Thomas Johnson is already onboard and still under all the fan-boy radars. Trust me, you'll know who he is soon enough.

You mean the one that hasn't played in an NFL game since 2006 and has a career of 21 games (one start) and 21 total tackles?

Signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Dallas Cowboys on August 28, 2005.

Waived by Dallas on September 4, 2006 and was signed by the Houston Texans as a free agent three days later.

Waived by Houston on August 28, 2007.

Signed by the Jets to a reserve/future contract on 1/15/08.

Signed by the Falcons to a reserve/future contract on 1/7/09.

You mean the one that hasn't played in an NFL game since 2006 and has a career of 21 games (one start) and 21 total tackles?

Signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Dallas Cowboys on August 28, 2005.

Waived by Dallas on September 4, 2006 and was signed by the Houston Texans as a free agent three days later.

Maybe that's why I've never heard of him :lol:

Then who do you cut to make room for him on the roster?

Very good question but it applies to the 80 man camp roster first

they have 80 now and would have to cut someone to add him.

As it stands now

JA98 Sidbury (was Fraser)

Babs OPEN (Was Moorehead)

Jerry Lewis ( was G Jackson Jefferson)

JA55 Davis Bierman

Then he would compete with Johnson, Jefferson, Myles, and Walker for the last OPEN spot on the D-line for the 53 man team roster.

I think it is going to be hard to do a fair evaluation of those 4 and even harder if a 5 one is added to the group

Of course you could replace one of those 4 with him on the 80 man camp roster

To the originator I do like reading your posts, they cause me to do some thinking about how the team will shake out.

Maybe that's why I've never heard of him :lol:

Guess you guys didn't make it to the OTAs. Or maybe you could only get access to the open sessions where they're playing it close to the vest in front of the fans.

Keep laughing, kiddies, and be sure to get back to me after you see him play.

Why are we listed as being on his list of teams? Somebody made

that one up imo. If we wanted an old fat man up front we would

have kept Grady. If we did bring him in I don't think he would make

the team. If we had a bunch of injuries he could help but otherwise

it would be a waste of time.

Guess you guys didn't make it to the OTAs. Or maybe you could only get access to the open sessions where they're playing it close to the vest in front of the fans.

Keep laughing, kiddies, and be sure to get back to me after you see him play.

So are you his stalker or something? You're his family? Go to school with him?

No one is that much in love with a pretty much no name NFL player(nothing negative intended) unless it's something personal.

No one is that much in love with a pretty much no name NFL player(nothing negative intended) unless it's something personal.

I am a Falcons fan because of a close personal relationship, but its nothing to do with Thomas Johnson. I just get some insights that others don't.

I know its its saying could be but what are your thoughts on Hollis Thomas and adding him......... I know he will just be a depth guy but what are your thoughts ?

Not a chance.

.... would have kept Grady if we were that desperate.

With Trey Lewis returning ... and with BVG lovin' on Thomas Johnson. Not to mention Vance Walker ...

We are deep at the position.

You were right when you said we'd know who he was soon enough. The next post told me who he was. Hard to get too excited about it though.