P.jerry's injury report fot early career ...sort of big.

HashMark

Injury Report2004: Sat out the final four games with an ankle sprain.2005: Missed the first four games with an ankle injury.2006: Bothered most of the season by foot and hand problems that eventually saw him sit out the Wake Forest (9/23), Georgia (9/30), Arkansas (10/21) and Auburn (10/28) contests.2008: Missed the season opener vs. Memphis (8/30) after undergoing arthroscopic right knee surgery (8/18) to repair a meniscus tear.2009: Could not complete agility tests at the NFL Combine and limited on Pro Day due to a hamstring strain.Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

probably just getting the steroids out of his system before he made the NFL....

HA! Thats pretty good. I hope its not true but with steroid use joint problems are very big concern. The muscles outgrow the joints and the joints cant handle all the stress. Im sure we are all aware of this, but I am just saying that even though I highly doubt that is the cause of these injuries, its not something to rule out completely.

I am not worried. Just got to strengthen his joints which hopefully our strength and conditioning guys can do. Doesn't seem like any major injuries at all. Sprained ankles could even be from the type of shoes you wear.

You can't really strengthen your joints from working out, working out tends to deteriorate your joints. Eating the right foods actually aids with joint health, and I'm sure with his new contract he can afford a chef and start eating the right foods, as opposed to dorm foods and Mcdonalds.

You can't really strengthen your joints from working out, working out tends to deteriorate your joints. Eating the right foods actually aids with joint health, and I'm sure with his new contract he can afford a chef and start eating the right foods, as opposed to dorm foods and Mcdonalds.

stretching helps joints and tendons. the more you stretch your tendons through exercise, the stronger and more flexible they are. this is how you can minimize the frequency and pulls and strains.

stretching helps joints and tendons. the more you stretch your tendons through exercise, the stronger and more flexible they are. this is how you can minimize the frequency and pulls and strains.

Stretching helps joints. Exercising doesn't stretch joints, it stresses joints. If anything working out, especially running and jumping, puts a stress on joints. Really you tighten your joints during exercise, not stretch them. But we both are wishing for the best for Jerry, and I think a good diet will come a long way in helping with his injury problems.

Stretching helps joints. Exercising doesn't stretch joints, it stresses joints. If anything working out, especially running and jumping, puts a stress on joints. Really you tighten your joints during exercise, not stretch them. But we both are wishing for the best for Jerry, and I think a good diet will come a long way in helping with his injury problems.

By the same token, strengthening the supporting muscles strengthens the joint itself by taking stress off of the ligaments, tendons and cartilage. So yeah, you can overdo it with anything (running, jumping, weightlifting), but for the most part exercise gives a net benefit to the joints versus being sedentary.

The question in Jerry's case is whether the game stress (cutting, driving, etc.) is overstressing the joints. You can't realistically simulate game situations through exercise. All you can do is strengthen the body as a whole and hope you've done enough to handle the stress of a game.

By the same token, strengthening the supporting muscles strengthens the joint itself by taking stress off of the ligaments, tendons and cartilage. So yeah, you can overdo it with anything (running, jumping, weightlifting), but for the most part exercise gives a net benefit to the joints versus being sedentary.

The question in Jerry's case is whether the game stress (cutting, driving, etc.) is overstressing the joints. You can't realistically simulate game situations through exercise. All you can do is strengthen the body as a whole and hope you've done enough to handle the stress of a game.

Right, I know exactly what you're talking about, but the original statement was to "strengthen his joints which hopefully our strength and conditioning guys can do." I just pointed out that you can't strengthen joints through working out, but rather through a healthy diet. Granted you can prevent injury to joints by having strong muscles surround them, but in order to strengthen joints a healthy diet is crucial. This healthy diet should be attainable now with first round money.

We all saw the difference in Roddy when he stopped eating Mcdonald's. In order to strengthen joints, you have to feed your body the right building blocks it needs to replenish and build the joints. I'm sure you know this already but that was my point about his diet.