Stephen Nicholas

hawkeye

I think Nicholas is gonna have a real good year. After being a backup and primarily a ST player, it's time for a breakout year. I was happy

when we drafted him and now it's finally his time to shine. I didn't realize how strong he is.(29 reps) It's good to have a vet like Peterson

to help out the LB's too. Believe it or not our starting LB's look real good on paper. Now it's time to take it to the field.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Article...cholas_Bio.aspx

nicholas is going to be good i like his speed and his physical nature

and after being a back up you know he is hungry

and he also got spencer behind him and that boy is quick to

so we want have a lapse in ST because he can fill nicholas shoes in that department him and wire

When you got back and look at the games, Nicholas was in alot last year.

I agree. A lot ore than I realized. I go back and watch some of the highlights and he made some plays out there in his limited role. And his head wasn't even totally focused. Who knows how much he was even able to learn last year with everything going on. I am really excited about this guy.

I agree. A lot ore than I realized. I go back and watch some of the highlights and he made some plays out there in his limited role. And his head wasn't even totally focused. Who knows how much he was even able to learn last year with everything going on. I am really excited about this guy.
Especially at DE. I seen him in at least 5 games at DE. He was getting playing time at LB too.

I need to stop making so many typing Mistakes ( I am typing like you Ghost LOL). I know that if Nicholas wasnt going through that situation with his family, I think that Brooking and Nicholas probably would have been splitting time at the least, especially on passing downs.

I need to stop making so many typing Mistakes ( I am typing like you Ghost LOL). I know that if Nicholas wasnt going through that situation with his family, I think that Brooking and Nicholas probably would have been splitting time at the least, especially on passing downs.

I think maybe too. Lats year before I knew what was going down, I thought Brooking was out there for mainly leadership purposes. Same with Milloy because in the first year of the regime along with some young guys out there on the field, leadership was important. I think Nicholas could of at least played more under different circumstanbces. I guess I said all that to say you are absolutely right. :lol: Jaymadd, I think I am in a typing mood today because my post are kind of long.

Stephen Nicholas's speed is top notch and probably our fastest LB beside Spencer Adkins. He loves to hit, and he seems like a perfect fit to the SLB spot b/c he is the exact opposite to Boley in terms of physicality. His physicality will help him play the run better, and we know he can rush the passer already. His pass coverage will still have to improve, but with his speed, I think that will be no problem.

I think maybe too. Lats year before I knew what was going down, I thought Brooking was out there for mainly leadership purposes. Same with Milloy because in the first year of the regime along with some young guys out there on the field, leadership was important. I think Nicholas could of at least played more under different circumstanbces. I guess I said all that to say you are absolutely right. :lol: Jaymadd, I think I am in a typing mood today because my post are kind of long.

That is all the time man, you never type short posts ;)

nicholas is going to be good i like his speed and his physical nature

and after being a back up you know he is hungry

and he also got spencer behind him and that boy is quick to

so we want have a lapse in ST because he can fill nicholas shoes in that department him and wire

I thought Wire would be behind Nicholas on the left side

and James or Adkins behind Peterson on the right side.

I thought Wire would be behind Nicholas on the left side

and James or Adkins behind Peterson on the right side.

i can see spencer behind petterson that will be super sick whe petterson gets tired that will be alot of speed on the field

Well, I for one have been very critical of Nicholas's pass defense.

He seemed to struggle last year, which is why the coaches sent him after the QB when he was in the game. That's just good coaching. Put a player in position to play to their strengths. But I worried about his pass defense abilities that he'll need to be an every down linebacker.

But after reading that story of what Nicholas was going through last year, no wonder he struggled against coverage. That takes a longer time to study in the classroom than run formations. I'm sure his head wasn't where it needed to be to be able to focus so much on both run defenses and pass coverages.

So our coaches kept it simple for Nicholas and just had him rush the passer. I'm starting to realize this probably wasn't a reflection of his skills but rather the coaches keeping it simple for a player who was obviously distracted.

Good coaching? That's great coaching!

I now have very high hopes for this guy.

Well, I for one have been very critical of Nicholas's pass defense.

He seemed to struggle last year, which is why the coaches sent him after the QB when he was in the game. That's just good coaching. Put a player in position to play to their strengths. But I worried about his pass defense abilities that he'll need to be an every down linebacker.

But after reading that story of what Nicholas was going through last year, no wonder he struggled against coverage. That takes a longer time to study in the classroom than run formations. I'm sure his head wasn't where it needed to be to be able to focus so much on both run defenses and pass coverages.

So our coaches kept it simple for Nicholas and just had him rush the passer. I'm starting to realize this probably wasn't a reflection of his skills but rather the coaches keeping it simple for a player who was obviously distracted.

Good coaching? That's great coaching!

I now have very high hopes for this guy.

yea his story was a bit sad