Should the Burner get LT treatment.

Do you guys think the Burner will get many reps in preseason this season. I am thinking he probably gets the LT treatment. It concerns me a little because most sources are reporting a major emphasis was on the passing game in minicamp. I wonder if that may lead to some timing issues (sloppyness) at the beginning of the season. On the other hand I think that there will be a pretty good battle in camp for that third string RB position so they (Snelling and TB) will probably get a lot of reps.

After last season do you guys think he deserves the LT treatment. 376 carries is crazy. Or do you think he has to put together back to backs before he can take off preseasons.

i'd like it if we sat a lot of our guys during preseason, like the pats do. RTW has been together for a year, as has the oline, so they already have pretty good chemistry. gonzo's been added but by the time the season starts ryan and gonzo should have pretty good timing. i think the D is really what needs evaluation.

Not the LT treatment but the starter treatment. Starters don't play much with the exception of the 3rd preseason game. He will do the same as last year which wasn't much. Don't be worried about us working on the passing game in OTA's because that won't be the case4 in TC. They have a plan and know what they are doing, don't worry. Running is our strength.

Any conditioning concerns? He is a power back and those guys sometimes balloon up in the offseason. I used to think that some of the injuries Jam 32 had were due to his lack of offseason conditioning.

Yes, I have a little concern with his weight but he will be in shape by the start of the season by going through TC alone. Back in the day this is how ity was. Guys would come to TC and work themselves into shape during that time. BTW, Jamal was always in good shape. He was one of the players that always worked out. When he hurt his knees it was because he was so strong and his knees couldn't hold up to the type cuts he was trying to make. He was kind of like a Barry Sanders type cutter. No, he wasn't as good as Barry but he cut like a bigger guy who isn't supposed to cut like that. As far as Turner, he played around 244 last year. He'll easily loose 10 Lbs during camp. I do wish he'd stay in game shape though.

As far as mini camp went, coaches said it is hard to work on power running without pads, and mini camp was no pads.

As far as Turner's weight goes, I don't worry about a 10-15 pound weight gain during the off season, because I really don't want him putting the stress on his body of keeping it in game shape year around. I would rather he rest and recuperate, and gain a little, but lose it during training camp and be refreshed for the season. Please also remember he was trained by LT so he should know how to maintain himself and his weight year around for best effectiveness.

All starters should have an easy preseason, and be fresh and ready for the real work.

Go Falcons!!

Wow!

Here is my take and no slams intended toward anyone.

While the concerns "at risk" are valid, you also have to get these guys ready for Game 1.

Turner&Co. will get plenty of snaps but it will be like building a good Jambalaya.

Little of this little of that and before you add the rice you have to bring it to a boil.

Then put a lid on it.

Never play scared, and at the same time you have to calculated risk,

because these guys will be at full tilt boogie when the 3day old fish come to town.

Do you guys think the Burner will get many reps in preseason this season. I am thinking he probably gets the LT treatment. It concerns me a little because most sources are reporting a major emphasis was on the passing game in minicamp. I wonder if that may lead to some timing issues (sloppyness) at the beginning of the season. On the other hand I think that there will be a pretty good battle in camp for that third string RB position so they (Snelling and TB) will probably get a lot of reps.

After last season do you guys think he deserves the LT treatment. 376 carries is crazy. Or do you think he has to put together back to backs before he can take off preseasons.

Cooler than a polar beats toe nails!!!! LT treatment....engaged!!!!

I really hope that they limit his carries in the preseason. We are all pleasantly aware of what Turner is capable of. Besides, the REGULAR season is what matters... :D