Would you have preferred Malcom Jenkins over Jerry?

I've been more than excited about us drafting Jerry. I feel he is a top 15 talent that fell to us in the 20's. But through out the draft and the draft process I was hoping and praying for Malcom Jenkins to be a Falcon. A perfect cover 2 corner. He's a more than solid tackler and has the ability to take away one side of the field, the man also won the Jim Thorpe award. The Saints were suspected to trade down in the first and still snag him, so it's plausible to imagine a scenario where he ended up on the Falcons. Would you guys have liked to have Jerry or Jenkins on this team come training camp, if given the choice?

Compares To: CHARLES WOODSON, Green Bay -- With receivers the size of Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss becoming more common, defensive coordinators realize the need for big, physical cornerbacks. When analyzing the talent at this position, Jenkins stands well above the rest of the class. He might not be flashy or have many interceptions, but he knows how to play and won't be a liability against the run.

CBSsports.com

Jenkins is good but I still would have preferred Jerry. Mainly because I think if you have a good DL your secondary doesn't have to be top notch. If you can put pressure on the QB you will have an uneasy QB who will either be sacked or rush passes. Which means, it makes the Corners job alot easier. But if you don't have a DL your corners can only cover for so long before they get picked apart. Kind of like the Redskins last year. So Jenkins would have been alright..but to me, we are better off with Jerry.

I've been more than excited about us drafting Jerry. I feel he is a top 15 talent that fell to us in the 20's. But through out the draft and the draft process I was hoping and praying for Malcom Jenkins to be a Falcon. A perfect cover 2 corner. He's a more than solid tackler and has the ability to take away one side of the field, the man also won the Jim Thorpe award. The Saints were suspected to trade down in the first and still snag him, so it's plausible to imagine a scenario where he ended up on the Falcons. Would you guys have liked to have Jerry or Jenkins on this team come training camp, if given the choice?

Compares To: CHARLES WOODSON, Green Bay -- With receivers the size of Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss becoming more common, defensive coordinators realize the need for big, physical cornerbacks. When analyzing the talent at this position, Jenkins stands well above the rest of the class. He might not be flashy or have many interceptions, but he knows how to play and won't be a liability against the run.

CBSsports.com

Jerry all day long. I think they will both be great players, but we needed the pass rush.

me too. i liked jenkins but i thought butler had everything we needed. if we were going to take a corner in rd 1 i wanted him.

I was on my knees praying that we take him. I was bummed with the Jerry pick at first b/c I never heard of him until the combine. Another corner I wanted was Sean Smith out of Utah. I think thats his name. I may be wrong. Let me contemplate for a second

I like Jenkins but i would pick Peria Jerry... But let me say this..... I dont think Jenkins will play CB that long with the Saints.... They tried getting a cover 2 CB in there man mostly coverage (Jason David) ...... Michael Jenkins has to be a pure cover 2 CB if he is going to play CB.

I think Jenkins could have been good in our scheme but i would take Peria over Jenkins.

no i think Jenkins would be better suited for FS

agreed.

for the most part i did not expect jerry to be there for us, and in the off chance that he was, i was'nt sure he was a fit given the need at NT. still, i was very pleased with the selection when i found out. too a lesser degree, i felt pretty much the same about moore too. i did'nt covet him, but i did see him as filling a need.

I was on my knees praying that we take him. I was bummed with the Jerry pick at first b/c I never heard of him until the combine. Another corner I wanted was Sean Smith out of Utah. I think thats his name. I may be wrong. Let me contemplate for a second

i wanted either louis delmas, ziggy hood or darius butler with our first. in order i wanted: hood, butler, delmas.

i wasn't upset when we took jerry but i wasnt jumping up and down either. it wasn't until i read up on him and checked out more of his college stuff that i really started to like him. i hope he can stay healthy. if so he'll be a beast for us.

i wanted either louis delmas, ziggy hood or darius butler with our first. in order i wanted: hood, butler, delmas.

i wasn't upset when we took jerry but i wasnt jumping up and down either. it wasn't until i read up on him and checked out more of his college stuff that i really started to like him. i hope he can stay healthy. if so he'll be a beast for us.

I agree with everything you said except Ziggy Hood. Didn't know much about him either. But like you said, Jerry will be a beast for us

Not even a chance and I got news for them, I saw Charles Woodson in college and he was so good he won the Heisman as a defensive player who played some offense. He looked like Deion in college. Not sure where they get that he compares to Woodson because he isn't even close. Not even in college. I think Peria Jerry would of been our pick regardless.

I'm actually really surprised. The board seems to share the sentiment of wanting Jerry over Jenkins. I was sure more people would have wanted Jenkins over Jerry. It actually makes me wonder what people's responses would have been if I asked this question pre-draft. I was really surprised with people liking Darius Butler over Jenkins. I think Jenkins is far and above a better player than Butler. He also weighs 20lbs more than Butler. He can easily convert to Free Safety in the NFL, but is also a prototypical Cover 2 corner.

I would have liked Jenkins over Jerry before the draft. Only because I'm enamored with the corner back position. I thought he would have been a great fit here. Getting Owens quenched my thirst for a corner though. What made the Owens pick even more satisfying was that TD had drafted a third round corner in New England by the name of Asante Samuel. It made not getting Jenkins a lot easier on the psyche.

There is something that no one mentioned. There was heavy talk about us choosing Pettigrew in the first round until the Gonzo trade. Had Jerry and Pettigrew been sitting there at 24 (minus the Gonzo trade), who would you rather have

I dont think we would have drafted Pettigrew .... I believe it would have been Jared Cook in the 3rd round........ I steal think we would have taken Jerry.....

I heard TD really wanted Robert Ayers tho...... I wonder who would he have picked between Ayers and Jerry if both was on the board