PC Monitors

Libid21

a mac hugger is a mac fanboy. Same thing. I mentioned Toshiba because you said toshiba and other companies can't beat apple in customer service. I had a problem with my laptop. Toshiba sent me one and then I said my bad one in once I got the other one. My roommate with the MAC had to send his mac in and they sent him his back 2.5 weeks later. I don't understand the obsession with macs customer service. I even got a call back a week later from Toshiba making sure everything was alright. Other companies have good customer service too, not just MAC (who from what I have seen, have decent customer service).

Microsoft outsources their CS which irritates the ever living **** out of me. I've only had to call them once, but it was an absolutely horrible experience.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not protecting their computer, it's the "trendiness" of the burlap sack.

that is one thing i hate also. no tech device makes you auto cool, and if you honestly need any device to make you cool, then your not cool in the first place. i know a few people who think they are cool because of their apple laptop, and let me just say it is the opposite.

Microsoft outsources their CS which irritates the ever living **** out of me. I've only had to call them once, but it was an absolutely horrible experience.

next time, call the company that makes your laptop or computer. It is way better.

I have a Toshiba with a 2 year warranty, I just call them. They fix everything.

a mac hugger is a mac fanboy. Same thing. I mentioned Toshiba because you said toshiba and other companies can't beat apple in customer service. I had a problem with my laptop. Toshiba sent me one and then I said my bad one in once I got the other one. My roommate with the MAC had to send his mac in and they sent him his back 2.5 weeks later. I don't understand the obsession with macs customer service. I even got a call back a week later from Toshiba making sure everything was alright. Other companies have good customer service too, not just MAC (who from what I have seen, have decent customer service).

one situation does not count. im going off of actual data taken in surveys, which puts apple at 80% approval rate. im not even the only one who said apple is on top, but you keep attacking me on saying that. not every company is going to **** in your cereal, but a good amount will.

what is a fanboy to you then? because i am not fitting the definition of fanboy, so unless you got a different definition, your analogy is not fitting.

reminds me of the good ole days huh banned.

i think the microsoft store will change that, but im just wondering since they dont deal with hardware how good will it be.

one situation does not count. im going off of actual data taken in surveys, which puts apple at 80% approval rate. im not even the only one who said apple is on top, but you keep attacking me on saying that. not every company is going to **** in your cereal, but a good amount will.

what is a fanboy to you then? because i am not fitting the definition of fanboy, so unless you got a different definition, your analogy is not fitting.

reminds me of the good ole days huh banned

Surveys are not 100% accurate. I, for one, do not take surveys when they are sent to me even if I have great customer service. ****, I work in a hotel where we send surveys to every guest who stays with us, and we are ranked as a hotel against other hotels in the US based on the surveys. We get an average of 60% of the surveys back. Even if we end up in the top 10% of the hotels in the US, that only means out of the 60% of the people who answered them, so surveys can not be the end all be all of things. (by the way, the courtyard I work at is the #1 on the east coast and #6 in north america for customer satisfaction)

Surveys are not 100% accurate. I, for one, do not take surveys when they are sent to me even if I have great customer service. ****, I work in a hotel where we send surveys to every guest who stays with us, and we are ranked as a hotel against other hotels in the US based on the surveys. We get an average of 60% of the surveys back. Even if we end up in the top 10% of the hotels in the US, that only means out of the 60% of the people who answered them, so surveys can not be the end all be all of things. (by the way, the courtyard I work at is the #1 on the east coast and #6 in north america for customer satisfaction)

here is the survey i was talking about. take it for what you want, but just because they are not 100% does not mean they are crap. not the website i found the info, but it is the same.

apple insider

A Customer Experience Index report from Forrester Research came to the conclusion after studying almost 4,600 computer users' experiences from 2008 and asking them to score the ease of use of their computers, how enjoyable the experience is and whether or not the systems fulfill their owners' needs.

Apple's overall score reached 80 and was not only enough to give it the lead but also leave it as the only company to earn a "good" ranking in Forrester's view. Every other manufacturer in the list scored significantly lower, with Acer's American label Gateway being closest with a score of just 66; the standing is only "okay" in the research group's chart.

Every other major vendor in the chart fared worse. HP and its budget brand, Compaq, were lumped into the "poor" category with near-identical scores of 64 and 63. Dell, once considered a baseline for PC quality, was ranked just 58.

The spread is that much more evident when comparing only the more subjective qualities of ease of use and happiness. In his personal blog, the report's chief architect Bruce Temkin explains that Apple's lead only widened when focused on these two criteria: although its overall lead was 14 percent, it garnered a 17 percent edge in terms of ease of use and 15 percent for contentment with respective systems. For Dell, this last category was humbling as the Texas-based PC builder scored just 47 -- enough to give it the "very poor" label in that section.

Exactly why Apple is above the fray isn't the focus of the research, though the Cupertino, Calif.-based company has regularly skewed its Mac lineup towards the premium end of the market and, accordingly, can use faster or higher-quality parts that improve the perceived experience.

Whatever the case, the study can't come at a worse time for Microsoft, which has gone to great expense to persuade the public that choice and price in Windows PCs trump Apple's higher-cost but focused lineup. Where Microsoft maintains that Mac owners are simply buying the logo, Forrester suggests they're buying a better overall experience; where it paid off a consultant to manipulate cost differences and claim Mac users pay more for less, the Customer Experience Index suggests that any savings from the Windows PCs may be countered by extra frustrations stemming from hardware or software.

Apple hasn't responded to Forrester's study, but it doesn't necessarily have to. Its response to the Microsoft ads has mirrored its results in the Index and asserted that many cheaper PCs represent a false economy if they turn out to lack important features.

here is the survey i was talking about. take it for what you want, but just because they are not 100% does not mean they are crap. not the website i found the info, but it is the same.

apple insider

A Customer Experience Index report from Forrester Research came to the conclusion after studying almost 4,600 computer users' experiences from 2008 and asking them to score the ease of use of their computers, how enjoyable the experience is and whether or not the systems fulfill their owners' needs.

Apple's overall score reached 80 and was not only enough to give it the lead but also leave it as the only company to earn a "good" ranking in Forrester's view. Every other manufacturer in the list scored significantly lower, with Acer's American label Gateway being closest with a score of just 66; the standing is only "okay" in the research group's chart.

Every other major vendor in the chart fared worse. HP and its budget brand, Compaq, were lumped into the "poor" category with near-identical scores of 64 and 63. Dell, once considered a baseline for PC quality, was ranked just 58.

The spread is that much more evident when comparing only the more subjective qualities of ease of use and happiness. In his personal blog, the report's chief architect Bruce Temkin explains that Apple's lead only widened when focused on these two criteria: although its overall lead was 14 percent, it garnered a 17 percent edge in terms of ease of use and 15 percent for contentment with respective systems. For Dell, this last category was humbling as the Texas-based PC builder scored just 47 -- enough to give it the "very poor" label in that section.

Exactly why Apple is above the fray isn't the focus of the research, though the Cupertino, Calif.-based company has regularly skewed its Mac lineup towards the premium end of the market and, accordingly, can use faster or higher-quality parts that improve the perceived experience.

Whatever the case, the study can't come at a worse time for Microsoft, which has gone to great expense to persuade the public that choice and price in Windows PCs trump Apple's higher-cost but focused lineup. Where Microsoft maintains that Mac owners are simply buying the logo, Forrester suggests they're buying a better overall experience; where it paid off a consultant to manipulate cost differences and claim Mac users pay more for less, the Customer Experience Index suggests that any savings from the Windows PCs may be countered by extra frustrations stemming from hardware or software.

Apple hasn't responded to Forrester's study, but it doesn't necessarily have to. Its response to the Microsoft ads has mirrored its results in the Index and asserted that many cheaper PCs represent a false economy if they turn out to lack important features.

and you pull an article from appleinsider, and you say you are not an apple fanboy?? haha just admit it dude. its okay

and you pull an article from appleinsider, and you say you are not an apple fanboy?? haha just admit it dude. its okay

that is from google, and i said it before. that is not the website i got it from. it was done by Forrester Research. that was my first time going to their website.

google PC happiness survey and see what comes up first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrester_Research

here is some info on the research company. FORR on the nasdaq if you want to follow their stock.

game set and match B) one small step for the Fan, one giant leap for apple. :lol:

that is from google, and i said it before. that is not the website i got it from. it was done by Forrester Research. that was my first time going to their website.

google PC happiness survey and see what comes up first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrester_Research

here is some info on the research company. FORR on the nasdaq if you want to follow their stock.

game set and match B) one small step for the Fan, one giant leap for apple. :lol:

the article comes from appleinsider.com when you click on it. Apple Fanboy, set game match Gaban.

the article comes from appleinsider.com when you click on it. Apple Fanboy, set game match Gaban.

im sorry i had to do this to you, since we are cool, and you were always my fav Shockley doubter, but here you go.

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...-and-very-poor/

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=3729

http://www.romow.com/computer-blog/apple-c...to-trounce-pcs/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/163452/appl...ice_survey.html

http://bx.businessweek.com/customer-servic...76a59e330526a2/

sorry my good man. this one goes the the Apple Fan.

when did I say you hated windows?? You are a MAC hugger. Plain and simple. I never said you hated windows. You just say if microsoft made their own PCs then I might support them, but the other companies suck. THEY DON"T NEED TO MAKE PCS TO MAKE MONEY, they haven't for years. Why would they start?? I called Toshiba customer servies 2 times, and talked for 5 minutes total and they fixed my 2 problems immediately and sent me a free wireless mouse. NEver had a problem with them. Just admit you are a Mac fanboy. It comes out in all your posts. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, its probably a duck.

Your lucky if Toshiba fixed it, I have a Toshiba laptop thats about to become a boat anchor. :P But after alot of complaining to Toshiba and after my warrenty gave up, I gave up. The problem the laptop was a mistake to begin with. I wanted one of the first 17 screens, well Toshiba rushed it out, the problem they put a Pentium 4 3.2 desktop processor with it, the keyword Desktop processor not a mobile processor. the dayum heat this thing would make, I had to get a chill pad without frying my nuts off. :P Now Toshiba replaced my motherboard twice, the LCD once, the CPU, the hard drive and the CDROM twice. It was a freaking headache. The problem was desktop processors are not meant for a laptop PC they give off too much heat, they fried the computer, thing also weighed 12.7 pounds. If I was on a airplane and a terroist attacked, you could use this thing to knock somebody out period. It would hurt.

Why the new I-7 processor I have seen laptops with it, and I think people are certifiably insane if they get it, it will burn up. the I-7 has 8 cores which 2 threads can run off every core so a total of 16 threads. Most software written today can only write to 2-3 threads, so you are basically using 1/4 of the CPU. When new games and software are written to take advantage of all the new technology it will be mind blowing. But in a laptop this CPU will burn up unless they figure out something to do with the heat. :(

Also If I had a built PC, thats the only one I would buy, laptops are tougher you about HAVE to buy them from a company. I wish I could build my own laptop. With a built PC you can have the best parts. Asus, Abit, or gigabyte, on down the line. There are 3 kinds of parts. Crap parts, OEM parts and Premium parts. Crap is a given. OEM means Original equipment manufacturer, this is what 99.9% of what companies use, they still come from big name companies like ASUS and all, but their mass produced, which means you could get a bad batch, bad quality, etc....... Luck of the draw. Premium is what you buy in the store or have your PCs built with if you can specify what you want. Now you can still get a bad batch, but it tends to happen tons more with OEM parts. I had hotels I was was supporting with IBM, we would have a hard drive go out, and we knew there were a bad batch of hard drives out, Suddenly over the next month the whole hotel every PC the hard drive failed. The whole you get what you pay for, When you buy Alienware or Falcon Northwest you basically paying for a custom built PC, that you could do for yourself for about 3/4 of the cost.

Last thing, What the hate for APPLE? Fanboys or not, Apple is here to stay, I used to be really skeptical about them, but i started playing on them,. and their cool. Same with Linux, I have always said if Linux could play video games they would put a serious dent into Micorosoft. Easiest thing to say is I don't like Apple? Some people don't but some people are in the ABM crowd = Anything but Microsoft.

Last thing, Microsoft, DOES NOT need to bulld their own PCs, look at Vista, :P they did really well with, win 2000, XP and new 7, but Me and Vista were horrible and not to mention over-priced. If Microsoft made their own PCs or laptops they would be overpriced with bad parts. IMO. ;) Look at Microsoft Keyboards and mice sometime, very overpriced and there are other makers are better but not overpriced, your paying for the name with microsoft.

Guest WoodyPaige

The title of this thread isn't 'PS3 Insider reveals that only 0.02% units worldwide are failures. Microsoft still stands at a 33.6%"

Idk why all this hate is going on.

Old phrase about Microsoft, If Microsoft did everything they said it would, we would have a perfect world. We'll it ain't because microsoft has problems and always had. ;)

i was just taking off the Microsoft store. i dont think the are going survive if they just stick with selling software. they need to sell hardware with their software for the stores to survive. either making their own or joining up with a premium company and selling them in the store.

depends, some use it for business.

have different things up at a time, it helps

Also apparently helps with graphic design. Though I use to run multiple screens at my last job, the only thing I ever did with my monitor was run the system monitoring webpage on it. I used my tiny laptop screen for everything else. It wasn't uncommon to have an ssh session, a console session, and outlook open on a 13" screen.

Your lucky if Toshiba fixed it, I have a Toshiba laptop thats about to become a boat anchor. :P But after alot of complaining to Toshiba and after my warrenty gave up, I gave up. The problem the laptop was a mistake to begin with. I wanted one of the first 17 screens, well Toshiba rushed it out, the problem they put a Pentium 4 3.2 desktop processor with it, the keyword Desktop processor not a mobile processor. the dayum heat this thing would make, I had to get a chill pad without frying my nuts off. :P Now Toshiba replaced my motherboard twice, the LCD once, the CPU, the hard drive and the CDROM twice. It was a freaking headache. The problem was desktop processors are not meant for a laptop PC they give off too much heat, they fried the computer, thing also weighed 12.7 pounds. If I was on a airplane and a terroist attacked, you could use this thing to knock somebody out period. It would hurt.

Why the new I-7 processor I have seen laptops with it, and I think people are certifiably insane if they get it, it will burn up. the I-7 has 8 cores which 2 threads can run off every core so a total of 16 threads. Most software written today can only write to 2-3 threads, so you are basically using 1/4 of the CPU. When new games and software are written to take advantage of all the new technology it will be mind blowing. But in a laptop this CPU will burn up unless they figure out something to do with the heat. :(

Also If I had a built PC, thats the only one I would buy, laptops are tougher you about HAVE to buy them from a company. I wish I could build my own laptop. With a built PC you can have the best parts. Asus, Abit, or gigabyte, on down the line. There are 3 kinds of parts. Crap parts, OEM parts and Premium parts. Crap is a given. OEM means Original equipment manufacturer, this is what 99.9% of what companies use, they still come from big name companies like ASUS and all, but their mass produced, which means you could get a bad batch, bad quality, etc....... Luck of the draw. Premium is what you buy in the store or have your PCs built with if you can specify what you want. Now you can still get a bad batch, but it tends to happen tons more with OEM parts. I had hotels I was was supporting with IBM, we would have a hard drive go out, and we knew there were a bad batch of hard drives out, Suddenly over the next month the whole hotel every PC the hard drive failed. The whole you get what you pay for, When you buy Alienware or Falcon Northwest you basically paying for a custom built PC, that you could do for yourself for about 3/4 of the cost.

Last thing, What the hate for APPLE? Fanboys or not, Apple is here to stay, I used to be really skeptical about them, but i started playing on them,. and their cool. Same with Linux, I have always said if Linux could play video games they would put a serious dent into Micorosoft. Easiest thing to say is I don't like Apple? Some people don't but some people are in the ABM crowd = Anything but Microsoft.

Last thing, Microsoft, DOES NOT need to bulld their own PCs, look at Vista, :P they did really well with, win 2000, XP and new 7, but Me and Vista were horrible and not to mention over-priced. If Microsoft made their own PCs or laptops they would be overpriced with bad parts. IMO. ;) Look at Microsoft Keyboards and mice sometime, very overpriced and there are other makers are better but not overpriced, your paying for the name with microsoft.

I approve this message.

I settled with going to Staples because someone told me that some sites would not accept returns even if there was a dead pixel if you ordered it from them. I was worried about that so I figured I should just go to a store that sells monitors and a store that I know has a good return policy. I settled with a 21.5" wide LCD monitor. Samsung 2233SW. I feel bad though since I was kinda questioning whether or not I should buy it there or online but I was really worried about the return policies so I panicked and bought it on the spot for $220. I looked it up online and it was only $160. Am I stupid? If it was stupid, I'm just going to return it to the store and risk the dead pixel thing online.

I settled with going to Staples because someone told me that some sites would not accept returns even if there was a dead pixel if you ordered it from them. I was worried about that so I figured I should just go to a store that sells monitors and a store that I know has a good return policy. I settled with a 21.5" wide LCD monitor. Samsung 2233SW. I feel bad though since I was kinda questioning whether or not I should buy it there or online but I was really worried about the return policies so I panicked and bought it on the spot for $220. I looked it up online and it was only $160. Am I stupid? If it was stupid, I'm just going to return it to the store and risk the dead pixel thing online.

you should look at the online stores policy before you did that.