PC Monitors

Libid21

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article this week, Apple has 91% of the market for computers over $1,000. Is that something to brag about?

sure why not? dont most PC lovers keep bring that up when apple people talk about have no viruses. apple gaining market shares is a good thing, but you also read the article wrong.

that 91% only accounted for that month, and for sales in Stores in the US i believe. over all the account for 66% of all PCs over 1000.

Guest WoodyPaige
I read an article this week, Apple has 91% of the market for computers over $1,000. Is that something to brag about?

That's cause even their basic products are expensive. Most casual PC users would buy a laptop under 1000. Only PC users I might see buying a laptop over 1000 are mobile gamers, but that's not many people.

That's cause even their basic products are expensive. Most casual PC users would buy a laptop under 1000. Only PC users I might see buying a laptop over 1000 are mobile gamers, but that's not many people.

yea that is why apple needs to join up with a comp maker, to create some lower end apple PCs. these days the only way to get laptop under 1000 to run OSX is to get a dell mini 9, which are being cleared out. if apple did this, then i think they would have a larger market share.

Guest WoodyPaige
All I know is I have a beast of a PC and it was right at the 1,000 mark.

You might get a really good PC for 1000, but not a BEAST. Also I'm guessing it's a desktop. Desktop's are cheaper, I'm referring to laptops. Gaming laptops or desktop replacements are the only PC laptops that will go well over 1000.

You might get a really good PC for 1000, but not a BEAST. Also I'm guessing it's a desktop. Desktop's are cheaper, I'm referring to laptops. Gaming laptops or desktop replacements are the only PC laptops that will go well over 1000.

you can get some laptops for over 1000 that are pretty good. configured a

2.26ghz HP with 4gb ram 320gb hd, good graphic card, wireless N, backlit keyboard, 7hr battery life, and some other features for around 1100.00 after rebate.

Actually, you mean apple stealing from linux. PCs had workspaces since before OSX was a twinkle in Job's eye.

you know OSX has been out for almost 10 years. leopard is just the most recent coming out in 2007. also spaces was working on tiger, in 06, so i am going with apple on winning this round.

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core 2.3 Ghz

8 GB of ram

750 GB HD

GeForce 9800 GT 1GB

I've not found a game I couldn't run yet /shrug

if you look for the right parts, you could have a beast at 1 grand.

but as he said he had one at 1300, which lasts longer and will be much better than pre-built comps

dell makes crappy comps.

HP makes decent comps.

you can make gaming comps much better than companies would.

you can make comps for business/graphicing things as well much better than a company would.

and you got the nerve talking about fanboy when your love for mac is as much as my love for PC.

PC >> MAC

One thing built PCs are always better then companies cost less too.

To me Dell and HP are about on the same level, they use the same parts. AMD or Intel chips, Nvidia or ATI graphics cards, Maxtor, samsung, or western digital hard drives etc...... Dells warranty puts HPs to shame, same as their customer service, look at the ratings sometime. When you buy from a company the best thing you are buying is the warranty, Right now the best is Apple, Dell then Lenovo

HP is in the toilet. :(

I worked for IBM, I know, we were best in customer service at the time but they blew it outsourcing, not to India to cheap techs. :P

As far as liking PCs to Apple, they are both great at what they do, I'm partial to PCs because I work on them for a living, but I've played on Apples a bit and their fun. ;)

Is Supreme Commander any good? I've got a nice computer, 2 monitors, but I play old school games.

Supreme Commander is a Real time strategy game, link below, the new version is out or about to be, Supreme Commander 2. It looks like a blast to play. I got a great laptop, but to do the game real justice you need a gaming rig with Dual monitors. The screenshots for it are awsome.. ;)

http://www.supremecommander.com/

supreme-commander-forged-alliance-screenshot-big.jpg