PC Monitors

Libid21

Looking to replace my CRT monitor that's about five or so years old. It's really old and the screen is just pissing me off now... the black on the sides keep coming into the screen and shrinking it. It only goes up to 1024 x 768 and when I try to make it larger it makes your eyes hurt. The screen keeps getting bigger and then smaller when you're using it randomly and that also hurts my eyes. I'm wonder what company sells the best monitors, what size monitors should I buy (heard I should look around 20 inchers)?And if you have any other tips or suggestions. Or if you love your monitor now, tell me about it.

There are some deals on this forum I go to. Many of them are Samsungs. I have a Samsung HDTV 40" in my room so I don't know if it will look pretty ghey if I have a monitor and a TV that look exactly alike. There is something like a 22" Dell monitor that's around $87 after mail-in rebate that I'm thinking of getting but not sure if Dell makes any good computer parts.

I don't do a lot of gaming. I just browse the internet and watch TV series on my computer. Occasionally I'll play a game, but it's not like I have the best video card in the world (I have a stock vid-card from HP since my computer is pre-made but that's another topic). So yeah...

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends, some use it for business.

have different things up at a time, it helps

I'm a tech for a engineering firm, We about HAVE to have Dual screens, when your trying to look at CAD drawings even on 17 or 19 inch monitors its not enough, Dual screen is great for that. The only game I have heard that can really take advantage of Dual Screen is Supreme Commander, thats sctually pretty cool, you have a Tac display on one monitor and on the other you see everything going on, but of course with a Beefy computer. ;)

I'm a tech for a engineering firm, We about HAVE to have Dual screens, when your trying to look at CAD drawings even on 17 or 19 inch monitors its not enough, Dual screen is great for that. The only game I have heard that can really take advantage of Dual Screen is Supreme Commander, thats sctually pretty cool, you have a Tac display on one monitor and on the other you see everything going on, but of course with a Beefy computer. ;)

Is Supreme Commander any good? I've got a nice computer, 2 monitors, but I play old school games.

which means you have to go look from something to another thing.

thats why full monitors >>

id rather have them all up at once.

PC >>

Na you dont. keyboard short cut to each one, and the flip in an instant, plus you can have up to 16 windows. i dont see the need for more than 4, but it is bad ***. combine this with Dock Spaces, and apple is the best for multitasking.

like i said earlier apple can do both, so if it can do more than the PC, then it is better, so that means:

Apple>>>>>>>>

spaces is not that cool

but it is something apple does better than windows, and it is still a great product. Time Machine is another great program also. OS X is just filled with great programs for free, not including the ones you can download from the net, unlike windows.

if microsoft built their own hardware i would buy a comp from them, but im tire dof dealing with crappy hardware and vista.

Nope sorry, id rather keep all my windows open at once, rather than having to click/hit another key to take one completely outta your view.

all windows visible at a time >>

like i said before you can do both, plus you got expose with shows all your windows at once. B)

Apple>>>>>>