3 players I want in a Falcons uniform

hawkeye

They may be the type we like but they aren't the type we "need"

Smitty said we will work on the other part of the D in next years draft so I think he is talking about OLB since we went with

DT and S this year. We might go OLB in the 1st rd. I would love to get Spoon. Wouldn't be surprised if we got another CB too.

I would love to see Brandon Spikes, Sergio Kindle, Walter Thurmond and Dez Bryant on the team but it wont happen. Next year's draft will probably be for depth mainly. No starters except maybe a 1st round O-Lineman

I do think we will go either OT or OLB 1st rd.

I do think we will go either OT or OLB 1st rd.

I dont see the point in going after a OLB in the first round. Nicholas should shine this year and Adkins has potential to take Peterson's spot. But "we" don't have a clue how the season will turn out so we can't seperate a need from a want this early

I dont see the point in going after a OLB in the first round. Nicholas should shine this year and Adkins has potential to take Peterson's spot. But "we" don't have a clue how the season will turn out so we can't seperate a need from a want this early

Nicholas hasn't started a single game in his career. He was in a bad situation last year so I can't count that, but you cannot be sure he is going to be very good.

Adkins has potential, but he wasn't even a starter in college. Hopefully he develops into a good player, but I only think he is a Special teams player and 3-4 rush LB.

He really isn't fit to be a 4-3 LB.... he has a LOT to learn. In maybe 2-4 years he can be ready, but I am not expecting much out of 6th round pick.

Nicholas hasn't started a single game in his career. He was in a bad situation last year so I can't count that, but you cannot be sure he is going to be very good.

Adkins has potential, but he wasn't even a starter in college. Hopefully he develops into a good player, but I only think he is a Special teams player and 3-4 rush LB.

He really isn't fit to be a 4-3 LB.... he has a LOT to learn. In maybe 2-4 years he can be ready, but I am not expecting much out of 6th round pick.

Me personally, I dont buy into that "oh he never started a game" mumbo jumbo. There are guys starting in the NFL right now that never played a down of football until their Senior year in college. There are a few guys who never started or got minimum playing time on other teams that are pretty successful. Don't ask me to name names b/c I can't. Just going by what I hear when I watch other teams play :lol: It's all about giving players the chance to show what they can do.

B)

I like Adkins though. When everyone was scratching their heads going "huh who the **** is that??" i was happy because i know he could make a big impact on our team, especially because we got him in the 6th round. Though i think he will make his impact on Special Teams. I really don't know if he can ever become a starter, unless he really works hard and learns to recognize plays better.

I like Adkins though. When everyone was scratching their heads going "huh who the **** is that??" i was happy because i know he could make a big impact on our team, especially because we got him in the 6th round. Though i think he will make his impact on Special Teams. I really don't know if he can ever become a starter, unless he really works hard and learns to recognize plays better.

Hows bout we give him a few years and let the coach decide if he's good enough to be a starter in this league or not ;)

Me personally, I dont buy into that "oh he never started a game" mumbo jumbo. There are guys starting in the NFL right now that never played a down of football until their Senior year in college. There are a few guys who never started or got minimum playing time on other teams that are pretty successful. Don't ask me to name names b/c I can't. Just going by what I hear when I watch other teams play :lol: It's all about giving players the chance to show what they can do.

See James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was an undrafted free agent.

http://news.steelers.com/team/player/49231/

Agreed. Micheal Turner was a fifth round pick, now look at him!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just dont see how people can judge a player b/c he never got the chance to start in college or he was a late draft pick. Those are the best IMO. Although I have respect for the All Americans and Award Winners, 7 out of 10 of them suck at the next level. Maybe 6 out of 10. Most late round picks and UDFA turn out to be gems

I just dont see how people can judge a player b/c he never got the chance to start in college or he was a late draft pick. Those are the best IMO. Although I have respect for the All Americans and Award Winners, 7 out of 10 of them suck at the next level. Maybe 6 out of 10. Most late round picks and UDFA turn out to be gems

and a lot of first round players were the biggest busts of all time------------ RYAN LEAF for example!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the safety we picked in the 2nd round of the 2006 draft-----Jimmy Williams

and a lot of first round players were the biggest busts of all time------------ RYAN LEAF for example!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the safety we picked in the 2nd round of the 2006 draft-----Jimmy Williams

Dont forget Chad Lavaleis or whatever his last name is. I think we grabbed him early. I watched the 1998 QB competition a few weeks back. Ryan Leaf had a stronger arm than Brett Favre. To bad he turned out to be garbage

Dont forget Chad Lavaleis or whatever his last name is. I think we grabbed him early. I watched the 1998 QB competition a few weeks back. Ryan Leaf had a stronger arm than Brett Favre. To bad he turned out to be garbage

Yea I watched that show also on NFL network. Chad Lavaleis was a fifth round pick in the 2004. He plays for the Panthers now.