J. Mike - Can we get a confirmation on the shape of JA98

J. Mike - I've seen so many mixed reviews about JA98 this offseason - from players earlier in the offseason saying he looks much improved, is much quicker and in much better shape. Then those TMZ beach photos came out and he looked just as fat and soft as his rookie year.

Please put this to rest, I'm behind this guy all the way and hope he's in shape to produce and warrant at least part of his draft status.

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He definitely doesn't look bad. In fact, I've seen him regularly here with and without the team working out. I haven't seen any beach photos, so can't really speak to that. My advice? Everyone wait until training camp and preseason games to pass judgment. Remember all that happened his rookie year and last year was learning a new system. This defense is going to take advantage of people's strengths. No need to over-focus on weaknesses.

good... He's been very stout against the run and until his concussion was getting consistent pressure... With babs and jerry pushing the middle he should either drive QBs into one of our tackles or get to the QB himself... Glad to hear he's working hard I'm behind him..

Thanks for the quick response

THANKS J MIKE b/c i was ready to have his head but you are right

he did have to learn two systems in 2 years so ill get off his back but w/ the vetran leadership he has know with mike Petterson knowing what mike smith expects he will keep JA98 in line soit make since

I WILL FORMALLY APOLOGIZE TO YOU KNOW MR JA98 MY BAD DOG MY BAD

He definitely doesn't look bad. In fact, I've seen him regularly here with and without the team working out. I haven't seen any beach photos, so can't really speak to that. My advice? Everyone wait until training camp and preseason games to pass judgment. Remember all that happened his rookie year and last year was learning a new system. This defense is going to take advantage of people's strengths. No need to over-focus on weaknesses.

Good advice J-mike, but that Weakness is like a big pimple on Prom night, just staring at you, cant help to focus on it, but i will reserve Judgement until after preseason. :D

He should be even Stouter and stronger bulking up to 289lbs......... I also think that will help his 3-4 DE ability.......I heard Jamaal looked quicker and stronger during OTA's ........ I want to see how Jammal look during the Preseason

What I want to know is why everyone thought those pictures were recent. Just because they were just published on the Internet doesn't mean they were taken recently. Those could have been pictures of JA98 in college for all we know.

I said the same thing..... I heard Babs say that Jamaal Anderson is in the best shape he has even seen him in and J,Mike has said something similar.....

He should be even Stouter and stronger bulking up to 289lbs......... I also think that will help his 3-4 DE ability.......I heard Jamaal looked quicker and stronger during OTA's ........ I want to see how Jammal look during the Preseason

yeah i heard the same thing, and want to see how things looking in DA preseason

J. Mike - I've seen so many mixed reviews about JA98 this offseason - from players earlier in the offseason saying he looks much improved, is much quicker and in much better shape. Then those TMZ beach photos came out and he looked just as fat and soft as his rookie year.

Please put this to rest, I'm behind this guy all the way and hope he's in shape to produce and warrant at least part of his draft status.

Thanks

Who cares how fat the dude is? You ever seen Richard Seymour without his shirt on? Looks exactly like Jamaal Anderson.

Dude just needs to learn how to play football, he has no technique at all.

^ sigh..

jamaal injured his ankle those last games.

but you just wanna continue the hate.

I'm talking about the last four games he played in bro. Stop stalking me long enough to watch the tapes son. He got his pass rushing job taken by not only Chauncey and Biermann but freakin Nicholas who is a LB. What did they do? All out performed him. Smitty is not near the Busterson hugger you boys are. TD either. He drafted Sidbury this spring.

I'm talking about the last four games he played in bro. Stop stalking me long enough to watch the tapes son. He got his pass rushing job taken by not only Chauncey and Biermann but freakin Nicholas who is a LB. What they do? All out performed him. Smitty is not near the Busterson hugger you boys are. TD either. He drafted Sidbury this spring.

I think that they may realize that pass rushing is not Anderson strength so that is why the drafted Sidbury as J-Mike said they will focus on players strenghts and not the weaknesses.

What I want to know is why everyone thought those pictures were recent. Just because they were just published on the Internet doesn't mean they were taken recently. Those could have been pictures of JA98 in college for all we know.

because some here will stoop to any level to defile our young, dveloping players. They don;t care what may or ma not be true, these bottom feeders traffic in lies, rumor and slander.

because some here will stoop to any level to defile our young, dveloping players. They don;t care what may or ma not be true, these bottom feeders traffic in lies, rumor and slander.

Again with the personal attacks, when you going learn a different approach. YOu supposed to be setting the example and you doing the same thing that you are accusing them of doing SMH@ the Hypocrisy

I'm talking about the last four games he played in bro. Stop stalking me long enough to watch the tapes son. He got his pass rushing job taken by not only Chauncey and Biermann but freakin Nicholas who is a LB. What they do? All out performed him. Smitty is not near the Busterson hugger you boys are. TD either. He drafted Sidbury this spring.

not bright I see. but no surprise coming from a fraud

Again with the personal attacks, when you going learn a different approach. YOu supposed to be setting the example and you doing the same thing that you are accusing them of doing SMH@ the Hypocrisy

Chill for a moment Jay ( :lol: ), I think Gazoo is right in a way.

Gaz, I wouldn't neccessarily single out just our young, developing players. Sure, many on here expect instant results on a football field. Those of us with a bit of football intelligence knows it normally takes time.

But there are also many on here that hate a player or two on our team, and just wait for the opportunity to attack those players.

The issue with JA98 is that not only does he bring out both groups, but anyone intelligently discussing his development (or the lack or slow pace of development) gets lumped in with those other irrational groups. It makes discussing JA98 in a healthy way very difficult.

I'm not slandering, nor did I at any time did I say anything negative about JA98... I just merely asked for confirmation for clarity on two opposing reports. I've backed JA98 all along, and have openly acknowledged his progress while being very stout in run support and was getting a lot better at pass rushing before injury...

It's good he's working hard and figuring out the hard way what it takes to be a good player, sounds a lot like Roddy White at the same time, hopefully he'll make the same sort of impact for our defense and put up 7+ sacks.

I'm not slandering, nor did I at any time did I say anything negative about JA98... I just merely asked for confirmation for clarity on two opposing reports. I've backed JA98 all along, and have openly acknowledged his progress while being very stout in run support and was getting a lot better at pass rushing before injury...

It's good he's working hard and figuring out the hard way what it takes to be a good player, sounds a lot like Roddy White at the same time, hopefully he'll make the same sort of impact for our defense and put up 7+ sacks.

He's not talking about you, mostly FFS1970 and ones who live on these boards to keep bashing on the young guys developing for this team.

Its like this... do some have a reason to be down on Jamaal Anderson.... Yes they have the right..... You look for a beast out the gate DE when you take him top 10... So yes fn have that right.

Do fans have the right to call Jamaal Anderson a bum or bust...... No they dont.......The guy is better then some act like he is....... Like Chuck Smith said.. Jamaal Anderson came close allot (sack wise) ..... i counted 7 times

I feel like this is the make or break year for Jamaal Anderson tho........ Ive heard he has been working his butt off this offseason..... Lets see if we can see that potential on the field... I believe the pass rush up the middle will help Jamaal and all the other DEs

NFLN had a program on, about the Ravens I think, and they were talking about sacks and pressures. Ed Reed, iirc, made a statement that a sack was just a tackle, while pressure creates mistakes. He said they would rather have pressures than sacks in a game, because pressure causes mistakes, and mistakes lead to turnovers.

I saw improvement in JA98 last year, and while he still hasn't lived up to the hype of his drafting, he has been solid in some aspects of the game. I hope being in a pro-coached system for the second year, and having help from the center of the line means he turns into a beast. I don't know if he will, but I also know our coaches will not let him just slide by, he will either improve or they will find someone else to take his spot.

As for Sidbury, I have heard reports he is more a project player to hopefully replace Abraham in a few years more than a replacement for Anderson.

Chill for a moment Jay ( :lol: ), I think Gazoo is right in a way.

Gaz, I wouldn't neccessarily single out just our young, developing players. Sure, many on here expect instant results on a football field. Those of us with a bit of football intelligence knows it normally takes time.

But there are also many on here that hate a player or two on our team, and just wait for the opportunity to attack those players.

The issue with JA98 is that not only does he bring out both groups, but anyone intelligently discussing his development (or the lack or slow pace of development) gets lumped in with those other irrational groups. It makes discussing JA98 in a healthy way very difficult.

I understand what you are saying Voice, but on the real, just about every post from Gaz regarding JA98 he comes out attacking people who have real justifiable opinions of JA98 that might not be 100% positive. I have hope for JA98 , but he is developing very, very slow in some areas more than others (the pass rush). I am not going to give up on the Kid, but i am glad that TD has added good depth just in case. I just find it weird that it is ok for him to attack posters, but saying that it is wrong to say anything about JA98 that is based on his performance on the field, but what is GAz based his bottom feeder opinion on. :huh:

I understand what you are saying Voice, but on the real, just about every post from Gaz regarding JA98 he comes out attacking people who have real justifiable opinions of JA98 that might not be 100% positive. I have hope for JA98 , but he is developing very, very slow in some areas more than others (the pass rush). I am not going to give up on the Kid, but i am glad that TD has added good depth just in case. I just find it weird that it is ok for him to attack posters, but saying that it is wrong to say anything about JA98 that is based on his performance on the field, but what is GAz based his bottom feeder opinion on. :huh:

That's what I was talking about when I said those trying to discuss JA98 rationally get lumped into those other groups (those hating on young players who aren't developed and those just hating period).

While I think it is wrong to lump the intelligent posters who look to discuss football in with those other groups (something maybe Gaz has been guilty of doing from time to time, maybe) I do think Gaz's "bottom feeder" comment is fitting for those other groups.

Besides, while he may come off a bit harsh or condesending at times, I have always respected Gazoo's fire in the way he will defend our players.