In desperate need of pet adoption

dubbh

A friend of mine has a 5 year old male Pit Bull that she is trying to have adopted. To make a long story short, the dog belonged to a boyfriend who basically left her with the responsiblity of caring for the dog. Her home owners insurance was canceled because she has the dog and the cost to have her home insured now is 3 times the regular amount, of which she can't afford. She has reached out to every single adoption agency to try and have the dog adopted. She has also contacted shelters, but no one has any room for any more dogs. She does not want to have the dog put to sleep. If anyone has any info about adoption or a shelter, please PM me with the info. Thanks.

dubbh, there are so many options for your friend that come before putting the dog to sleep.

In fact, euthanasia shouldn't be an option at all in this case. I volunteer at the Atlanta Humane Society (three years running now). Have your friend give them a call and see if she can turn over ownership to the AHS. They do not euthanize for space there, meaning if the dog is healthy with no behavior problems, it gets every chance to find a good home.

They are doing great work up there so why not give them a shot? My dog was up for adoption for 9 months before she jumped into my lap and I took her home.

404-875-5331

Call them and see what happens.

Are you able to post a pic or email some?

PM me your email address. She's not sure if she has any readily available, but she will take some and send them to you ASAP, and you can ask her directly any other questions you may have.

dubbh, there are so many options for your friend that come before putting the dog to sleep.

In fact, euthanasia shouldn't be an option at all in this case. I volunteer at the Atlanta Humane Society (three years running now). Have your friend give them a call and see if she can turn over ownership to the AHS. They do not euthanize for space there, meaning if the dog is healthy with no behavior problems, it gets every chance to find a good home.

They are doing great work up there so why not give them a shot? My dog was up for adoption for 9 months before she jumped into my lap and I took her home.

404-875-5331

Call them and see what happens.

They were the first people she contacted, hey told her they didn't have any space. It would be greatly appreciated if you able to pull some strings.