Tim Tebow becomes unanimous first team All-SEC QB after Spurrier admits having his football operations manager fill out his sheet

I just heard on the radio that Steve Spurrier signed off on a ballot that his football operations manager filled out which had Jevan Snead as the first team QB. The FOM's reasoning was that he had already put 10 Florida Gators on his ballot and felt, for some reason, that QB would be the position where he didn't put the best QB in the conference.

After a lengthy apology from Steve Spurrier this morning, he said that he called the people in charge of the balloting and asked if he coulld change South Carolina's vote from Snead to Tebow, to which they said yes, officially making Tim Tebow the first team unanimous all SEC QB.

I don't blame anyone for thinking it was Lane Kiffin, myself included.

This just shows how screwed up the college football system is. If some lacky can't do something as obvious as putting Tebow on the ballot, then how can they be trusted to fill out the top 25 ballots that actually determine who plays for the "National Championship"?

Because you know that the coaches don't actually fill them out.

This just shows how screwed up the college football system is. If some lacky can't do something as obvious as putting Tebow on the ballot, then how can they be trusted to fill out the top 25 ballots that actually determine who plays for the "National Championship"?

yep.. it's stupid in general.

Completely agreed. I'm just baffled by the fact that Spurrier could not take literally 10 minutes out of his day to fill out his ballot. I can do it in 10 seconds.

All SEC Offensive Players:

Florida Gators

All SEC Defensive Players:

Florida Gators

See? :P

Seriously though, It doesn't take but 10 minutes to put down Tebow, Michael Smith, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Brandon LaFell, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, Lindley, Terremce Cody, Rolando McClain, Rennie Curran, etc. etc.

He's just lazy, he always has been. Great coach on gameday, at least he used to be, but lazy when it comes to everything else.

How long until Snead gets pissed about being snubbed because of some crybabies?

Snubbed from what? Tebow was still the first team All-SEC QB, it just wasn't unanimous. He got 10 of 11 possible votes, and had Spurrier actually taken the time to fill something out that's incredibly important to the kids in this conference, he would have gotten all 11.

Completely agreed. I'm just baffled by the fact that Spurrier could not take literally 10 minutes out of his day to fill out his ballot. I can do it in 10 seconds.

All SEC Offensive Players:

Florida Gators

All SEC Defensive Players:

Florida Gators

See? :P

Seriously though, It doesn't take but 10 minutes to put down Tebow, Michael Smith, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Brandon LaFell, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, Lindley, Terremce Cody, Rolando McClain, Rennie Curran, etc. etc.

He's just lazy, he always has been. Great coach on gameday, at least he used to be, but lazy when it comes to everything else.

But it isn't just Spurrier. Most of these coaches dont fill out these ballots. And let's face it, the pre-season All-SEC team doesn't mean much of anything. But the Top 25 ballot has a bearing on who will play for the National Championship and most of these coaches don't fill out their own ballots. And even if they did, how could they be expected to know what goes on in conferences on the other side of the country when they have so many responsibilities of thier own?

I doubt that Urban Meyer spends any time looking at Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 10 games when he has to prepare his team for LSU, UGA, and UT. It's not logical to expect these coaches to rank teams they probably have not seen play. So they delegate it to some lacky who most likely just parrots what ESPN or Sporting News says.

But it isn't just Spurrier. Most of these coaches dont fill out these ballots. And let's face it, the pre-season All-SEC team doesn't mean much of anything. But the Top 25 ballot has a bearing on who will play for the National Championship and most of these coaches don't fill out their own ballots. And even if they did, how could they be expected to know what goes on in conferences on the other side of the country when they have so many responsibilities of thier own?

I doubt that Urban Meyer spends any time looking at Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 10 games when he has to prepare his team for LSU, UGA, and UT. It's not logical to expect these coaches to rank teams they probably have not seen play. So they delegate it to some lacky who most likely just parrots what ESPN or Sporting News says.

true..

Well ****. You bring up an incredibly good point.

Spurrier probably walked into the offices at USC and said:

Ay now, any o' yall ever hear of a team called the Orogon Ducks er som'in like 'at? They on my sheet here and uh, heh, I ain't never heard of 'em. Who here watches college football? You wanna fill out my little coaches poll thing er whatever it's called? I got a one o'clock shotgun start at Azalea Sands.

I bet you 90% of college football coaches don't watch college football unless it's bowl season and their team couldn't win 6 games to make one of the 1400 bowl games.