UF's new motto for this year per meyer is

SacFalcFan

I hope that he doesn't prepare his team at all for Tennessee...How many people gave Ole Miss a chance down there last year? They are far superior in talent and I'm expecting Tennessee to get blown out, but if they have an off day and Tennessee plays great, things could get interesting

Article about that *********

Meyer is violating a time-honored rule that you never debate down. If you're in a superior, high-profile position, you're going to be open to swipes, jabs and put-downs as people try to knock you off your pedestal. By acknowledging the slap and trying to fight back, you're showing weakness instead of being confident in your place in the world. Getting involved in a war of words against an inferior opponent just pours gas on the fire.

Act as if.

Act as if you've won two national titles in three years.

Lane Kiffin wanted to get under Meyer's skin and the shot that Meyer took at UT this week proves that he got what he wanted......

I hope that he doesn't prepare his team at all for Tennessee...How many people gave Ole Miss a chance down there last year? They are far superior in talent and I'm expecting Tennessee to get blown out, but if they have an off day and Tennessee plays great, things could get interesting

Meyer is violating a time-honored rule that you never debate down. If you're in a superior, high-profile position, you're going to be open to swipes, jabs and put-downs as people try to knock you off your pedestal. By acknowledging the slap and trying to fight back, you're showing weakness instead of being confident in your place in the world. Getting involved in a war of words against an inferior opponent just pours gas on the fire.

Act as if.

Lane Kiffin wanted to get under Meyer's skin and the shot that Meyer took at UT this week proves that he got what he wanted......

Yeah I'm not happy at all about the comment Meyer made yesterday.

Who the **** is Tennessee or Lane Kiffin for that matter? Why are you even responding to that child?

Kiffin is the guy who gets put in prison for some minor offense and feels that he needs to go up to the biggest dog in the yard and take a swing.

It's either going to end up being the most brilliant strategy a greenhorn coach has ever had coming into the SEC or it's going to be the dumbest decision of his life.

The bad thing is is that he has put himself in a position that does not allow a gray area. He either has to massively succeed, or fail miserably.

They say pride always comes before the fall...hopefully it proves to be true.

Act as if.

Meyer is going to try and use these slights and perceived signs of disrespect to keep his team focused. When you are going to be a prohibitive favorite in every game you play, you can start sleepwalking a bit and that's when you get beat at home by Ole Miss. So he will do what Belechick did a couple of years ago with the Patriots. He will blow up anything said by some scrub and make it a motivating tool.

Yeah I'm not happy at all about the comment Meyer made yesterday.

Who the **** is Tennessee or Lane Kiffin for that matter? Why are you even responding to that child?

Kiffin is the guy who gets put in prison for some minor offense and feels that he needs to go up to the biggest dog in the yard and take a swing.

It's either going to end up being the most brilliant strategy a greenhorn coach has ever had coming into the SEC or it's going to be the dumbest decision of his life.

The bad thing is is that he has put himself in a position that does not allow a gray area. He either has to massively succeed, or fail miserably.

They say pride always comes before the fall...hopefully it proves to be true.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for a two time National Champion Coach to get into it with somebody who hasn't even been an NCAA Head Coach yet.

Tennessee is a traditionally strong program, but has gone down in recent years and is in rebuilding mode. Nearly all the major programs have had to go through it at one point or another, such as Penn State, Alabama, USC, Florida, Georgia, Miami, FSU etc.

It will be interesting to see how his strategy works out. This year, I expect Tennessee to go to Gainesville and lose 41-10, or so. I hope that's not the case, but I'm trying to think realistically. On a previous thread, I mentioned how programs will often hire a coach that's underqualified to replace a legend. Some examples are with Ron Zook replacing Steve Spurrier, Ray Perkins replacing Bear Bryant, Bob Davie replacing Lou Holtz at Notre Dame and Ray Goff replacing Vince Dooley. I'm wondering if Tennessee has done that with Lane Kiffin replacing Coach Fulmer. If the replacement is successful, great, if not, they're easy to get rid of and they're likely to get a better coach. In the case of Zook and Goff, they were good recruiters and left their successors with alot to work with. Coach Kiffin has done a pretty good job of recruiting and he doesn't work out, hopefully his successor will have a ton of talent to work with when he takes over.

Meyer is going to try and use these slights and perceived signs of disrespect to keep his team focused. When you are going to be a prohibitive favorite in every game you play, you can start sleepwalking a bit and that's when you get beat at home by Ole Miss. So he will do what Belechick did a couple of years ago with the Patriots. He will blow up anything said by some scrub and make it a motivating tool.

Good point about the sleepwalking and losing focus. I remember Belichick doing that against San Diego in the AFCCG a couple years ago. Some reserve D-Lineman for the Chargers said something and he exaggerated it and made it seem worse than what it was. I remember "that liquored up idiot kicker" Mike Vanderjagt saying that the Patriots were "ripe for the picking" several years ago in the Playoffs and they ended up beating the Colts 20-3. Meyer and Belichick seem to have alot in common, including being very successful and also being jerks.