Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SanFranMan

why hasn't roethlisberger been suspended indefinatly?

116 posts in this topic

I don't want to get into social issues here but come one man was it because he was black. Maybe he was not the best man for the job, lacked leadership skills, lacked the attitude, maybe the other person just outshined him because he was a better kiss up. It happens to everyone no matter what race or religions you are.

Believe me I am not naive enough to say that racism does not exists as I am an ethnic minority and have seen it from time to time. Still is no where near as prominent or rampant as it is claimed either. The only reason it still such an issue is because people make it that way by not letting it die.

How can you let something die when its so apparent..... :mellow:

couldn't agree more.

Thanks. I was too chicken to check the Bengals and Browns boards. It's possible that the Browns fans might not have even heard about this yet. :lol:

OK. I bit. The Bengals seem to be most upset that ESPN would have made this the lead story on SC if it had been Palmer, but are otherwise (mostly) fair and on point in their discussion: http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=19935

And as I could have guessed, the Browns fans are not doing much to prove my point about rival fans treating this story more intelligently than Falcons fans - how did I know it would be this way? http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5529

So, don't we - as Falcons fans - owe it to ourselves to be better than Browns fans? I say yes.

How can you let something die when its so apparent..... :mellow:

because what you may seem as simple and apparent may not be even close to that. Just like this topic to some people it is race related and to them that is the reason nothing is happening to Baconcheeseburger. When it has nothing to do with it at all and to claim it is holding on to something that is not realistic.

Vick pled guilty on the 23rd of August - He was suspended the 24th -- last time I check 23 came before 24. I guess it also isn't fair that Harry Douglas wasn't suspended either when a rape was committed at his home. Apparently if the police see no reason to charge Douglas or Roethlisberger then I guess the Commish sees no reason to suspend either one of them. Now why didn't you raise a stink like this on July 10th when the Douglas story broke - seems you are trying to make this a black/white issue on your soapbox, but you conviently ignore it when it happens to other players.

The Ben story seems to be alot like the Kobe story where the girl was trying to get money by crying rape - no conviction in that case either, but Kobe did settle out of court - Ben looks if he is going to fight it. If Ben is guilty however I say suspend him, but right now there is no clear evidence and the girl looks to only be out for money as she isn't filing any crimminal charges but civil only. Let the facts sort themselves out.

Also Pacman had multiple charges and probation violations before Goodell suspended him - it wasn't just a one and done.

Godell told Vick not to report to training camp before it even started b/c of this. Last time i checked Training camp started before the 23rd

Godell told Vick not to report to training camp before it even started b/c of this. Last time i checked Training camp started before the 23rd

that was after vick got indicted. if you get a federal indictment that is just about as close to a conviction as you can get (i forget the exact number but it's well over 90% of indictments end in conviction).

if big ben gets indicted, then we will see. until then this is just a he said she said issue.

that was after vick got indicted. if you get a federal indictment that is just about as close to a conviction as you can get (i forget the exact number but it's well over 90% of indictments end in conviction).

if big ben gets indicted, then we will see. until then this is just a he said she said issue.

How is that after he got indicted when training camp starts the first week of August and he didnt get indicted until the end of August? Look at the dates genius

But he didn't suspend him. :P When suspended you don't get paid - Vick still got paid sitting at home as he had to deal with legal matters.

because what you may seem as simple and apparent may not be even close to that. Just like this topic to some people it is race related and to them that is the reason nothing is happening to Baconcheeseburger. When it has nothing to do with it at all and to claim it is holding on to something that is not realistic.

I never said WHAT "IT" was....at the very least it appears and feels unfair and double-standard. So get use to it.... -_-

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. That's pitiful.

It happens and I keep moving....that's how others should view it. If Brett Farve was involved in "illegal" **** fighting and running "moonshine" he'd never get blasted the way Vick has...IMO....it's no big deal to me....i'm use to the double standard. The first thing they'll say...they aren't dogs....they are roosters.... :D:D:D

It happens and I keep moving....that's how others should view it. If Brett Farve was involved in "illegal" **** fighting and running "moonshine" he'd never get blasted the way Vick has...IMO....it's no big deal to me....i'm use to the double standard. The first thing they'll say...they aren't dogs....they are roosters.... :D:D:D

To be perfectly fair about this, if Brett Favre was running Moonshine, Wrangler would probably slap a label on those jars and get it distributed throughout the Southeast.

How is that after he got indicted when training camp starts the first week of August and he didnt get indicted until the end of August? Look at the dates genius

ESPN Vick Indicted on July 17th

actually he was indicted on july 17th, one week before goddell told vick to stay away from camp.

Goddell orders Vick to stay away from camp 1 week after indictment ESPN

To be perfectly fair about this, if Brett Favre was running Moonshine, Wrangler would probably slap a label on those jars and get it distributed throughout the Southeast.

LMFAO, that was a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude please .. any NFL player caught doing what Vick did would pay the piper in the same way. If it was a Manning or a Farve it would be even more of spectacle as they are the golden boys of the NFL Vick already had a track record of being ignorant.

Guess what Clemens is white and has been the most butchered steroid poster boy out there over Bonds, not to mention Maguire. It's simple the bigger your name is the more news it makes what you do. People do not care if they are white, black, asian. The more of a celebrity they are the more they will be reported. Again look at some one like Kerry Rhodes from the Jets who was accused of rape the same way and guess what he was not suspended. OMG but he is black so it can't be true.

Sorry the reason you will not accept it as reasonable is because it does not fit your agenda of them being out to get the minorities and this just goes back to what is said originally. That is why racism will not go away because its created by people when there is non. Trust me like I said I am a minority also (Hispanic) and my people do it just as much as any other minority.

Everyone take your race card and stick it back in your pocket for another rainy day. This has everything to do with law and nothing to do with race or which player it involves.

Let me explain:

There are TWO types of cases that can be brought to court. CRIMINAL and CIVIL. Criminal is when the cops or Feds are coming after you. Civil is when a person sues you for damages whether physical, business, emotion etc.

For example OJ won his criminal case and was NOT convicted of murder. However, he LOST his civil case and was rules to have performed some harm and owed his wifes family etc money.

The Big Ben case is a CIVIL case and is a poor one at the considering the woman refuses to file a complaint with the cops. NFL players are sued in Civil court all the time. For backing out of publicity agreements, child support, etc. If Goodel Suspended players for every civil case filed I'd be willing to bet half the league would be suspended. Anyone can file a civil case and you get the chance to prove you case in court.